Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2024, 09:45 PM
Pathfinder

Envy.

Hi everyone. The only thing I find to help me overcome envy is gratitude. When you feel grateful it's impossible to feel envious of another person.
This doesn't mean I don't still feel it every now and then but what have you found helps you overcome envy?
Old 28-01-2024, 10:31 PM
Master

In my opinion envy and jealousy go hand in hand, and it often comes from low self esteem. Thinking of ourselves as less than someone else because they have something I want but don’t have. Yes, gratitude does dispel envy and jealousy. When we think our esteem and happiness are based on having certain things that is when envy or jealousy can take hold.
Old 29-01-2024, 02:59 AM
Master
If we notice children playing, carefree as they always are, there is no envy. All that is, is joy bubbling forth. Whose parent is richer or poorer makes no difference.

Growing up, weightage is given to material goals, dwelling on it fuels desire, it becomes an obsession, an addiction. Envy then, is a natural fallout.

In my view, to tackle envy from the roots, we can take a step back, inwards, reflecting, as scriptures affirm, that we are soul or spirit having a human experience. We may feel this too, if we do, all the better. Now, if earth life is a school and there are so many lessons to learn, we will obviously shape shift each time we are born here to experience contrast in all its wonderful hues. Sometimes rich, sometimes poor, white skin, black skin, yellow and brown, changing gender and so on. We will succeed and fail and take in the emotions generated, resolving all opposites in the ocean of oneness. So there’s no envy, in fact, no lower vibration of any sort because we as soul, sign up for a this or that earth life experience. And it’s transient anyway.

If we are unable to straightaway embrace this concept, we can look below, at the less fortunate, rather than at those ahead of us with respect to whatever attribute or object makes us envious.

All said and done, I’d hold the view that reminding ourselves many times a day, that we are eternal Self (spirit), one with God (the all-that-is), here only for an experience of duality ~ this affirmation would release us from all types of ego driven narrowness.

Let’s become a child again by shifting from head to heart.
Old 29-01-2024, 04:28 AM
Ascender
I love that you have discovered that practising gratitude helps to eleviate envy.

I have found that by exercising compassion, empathy and gratitude towards others helps ease any envy. I very seldom experience envy these days but their have been times in my life when it has been a predominant feeling. Practicing the 'loving kindness meditation' also helps one to let go of and rise above envy.
Old 31-01-2024, 11:00 PM
Burntfruit

I am not envious of anyone. I live in truth, and that’s enough