Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Master

You are not alone in your problem. Here is a Christian organization that is designed to help people like you.

https://bornthatway.org/

I recommend that you get in touch with them.
Old 30-07-2018, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
You are not alone in your problem. Here is a Christian organization that is designed to help people like you.

https://bornthatway.org/

I recommend that you get in touch with them.

I recommend that you don't get in touch with them, after reading a little.....
Old 30-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Administrator
Candyfloss you are what you are,counselling would help with what you went through, and it would be beneficial to you also.
learn to love yourself I have gay friends, they are some of the nicest people around

Namaste
Old 31-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Ascender

scriptures don't lie, so i show how GOD feel concerning such matters. she spoke of her sexuality and trying to stop. i applaud her, then try to explain what she needed to do. if she knows it's wrong, it means her life if she doesn't change. see ,(James 4:17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin). and (1Pet. 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them). to speak on my character is not for you to do, since you don't know me.

this had nothing to do with me being insensitive. this is about trying help someone save her soul. if she's saying she's trying to change, obviously she KNOWS... that this lifestyle is offensive to God. also I'm not sent by Jesus to either stroke egos, make one feel something is ok, when it's not. or hold back from speaking Jehovah God and Jesus words, just to avoid personal attacks. anything that isn't of God, is of satan. I as a "Christian" I can't and won't justify, wicked acts. it would make me just as guilty as the one commenting it ,(Pro. 17:15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord).

the phrase you used has nothing to do with me trying to help someone. and it wasn't like I'm pounding someone over the head with words that I have spoken (to her), over and over. it's my first advice on this topic from her, to her. and yes!... Jehovah's words had helped MANY people change their worldly ways and lives. when one is filled with the Holy Spirit, they will know what's from God and what's NOT! especially if there's scriptural proof involved. still there are those who'll find fault in even the words of God. Jesus and Jehovah knows who belong to them, and who belongs to satan. you have a good day!
Old 31-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
You are not alone in your problem. Here is a Christian organization that is designed to help people like you. I recommend that you get in touch with them.

question, you recommend her getting in touch with imperfect human, though "Christians". what wrong with sending her straight to Jehovah God's words/ the Bible? which unlike imperfect human, would give sound advice. for the bible shows this ,(2Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness). peace
Old 31-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
question, you recommend her getting in touch with imperfect human, though "Christians". what wrong with sending her straight to Jehovah God's words/ the Bible? which unlike imperfect human, would give sound advice. for the bible shows this ,(2Tim. 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness). peace
You are right. Ultimately God is the source of all help. Sometimes we have trouble understanding it and need the help of someone who understands it better. The site I linked to is a Christian site that bases its beliefs on the Bible and explains it to others. The Bible says that God gives some people the gift of teaching so they can help others understand the Bible better.
Old 31-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

Is incest permitted for Christians jojo?

' There are numerous examples of incest in the Bible. The most commonly thought-of examples are the sons/daughters of Adam and Eve (Genesis 4), Abraham marrying his half-sister Sarah (Genesis 20:12), Lot and his daughters (Genesis 19), Moses’ father Amram who married his aunt Jochebed (Exodus 6:20), and David’s son Amnon with his half-sister Tamar (2 Samuel 13). It is important to note, however, that in two of the above instances (Tamar and Lot), one of the parties involved was an unwilling participant in the incest—better described as rape in those cases.'

Seems to me that it is was the norm. In todays society you would be locked up as it is a very serious crime that carries serious consequences ( Health wise for children born in this type of union ) but loving someone of the same sex is a ' so called sin ' a little hypocritical don't you think?
Old 31-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
You are right. Ultimately God is the source of all help. Sometimes we have trouble understanding it and need the help of someone who understands it better. The site I linked to is a Christian site that bases its beliefs on the Bible and explains it to others. The Bible says that God gives some people the gift of teaching so they can help others understand the Bible better.

The site actually says quite a lot of stupid ignorant words. It refers to satan and unnatural behaviour, well I presume ' Incest ' is also caused by satan and it is definitely unnatural don't you think Theo?
Old 31-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Is incest permitted for Christians jojo?

' There are numerous examples of incest in the Bible. The most commonly thought-of examples are the sons/daughters of Adam and Eve (Genesis 4), Abraham marrying his half-sister Sarah (Genesis 20:12), Lot and his daughters (Genesis 19), Moses’ father Amram who married his aunt Jochebed (Exodus 6:20), and David’s son Amnon with his half-sister Tamar (2 Samuel 13). It is important to note, however, that in two of the above instances (Tamar and Lot), one of the parties involved was an unwilling participant in the incest—better described as rape in those cases.'

Seems to me that it is was the norm. In todays society you would be locked up as it is a very serious crime that carries serious consequences ( Health wise for children born in this type of union ) but loving someone of the same sex is a ' so called sin ' a little hypocritical don't you think?
Incest causes physical problems today because of the genetic defects caused by mutations. The first humans were created without such defects so there was no reason to keep close relatives from marrying. If you start a race with only one pair you have to allow brothers and sisters to marry each other.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-c...-wife-of-cain/
Old 31-07-2018, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Incest causes physical problems today because of the genetic defects caused by mutations. The first humans were created without such defects so there was no reason to keep close relatives from marrying. If you start a race with only one pair you have to allow brothers and sisters to marry each other.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-c...-wife-of-cain/

' The first humans were created without such defects '

How is that possible Theo?