Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-07-2014, 05:08 AM
SpacePilot

Your story reminds me of one of my past life memories. It had to be mid 60's of very early 70's. The precise memories are of me driving downtown of a large city in a very specific unusual car and piles of blue-print sized papers on the dashboard.

At the last moment I was looking at a map or plan and comparing it with a building about a boulevard's crossing in front of me while standing on the grass just outside what looked like a roundabout. Then, heading for that building, I just stepped into the roundabout without paying any attention at all and got hit by a small mini van.

I do have vague memories of a house in some suburb region, some friends and a girlfriend, wild outdoor parties and 60's music. I have been often told by older people in this life that I should not remember some of the music from that era being revived after so many years, yet it was as if I was raised on the stuff and I have identified greatly with that music. When it comes to 70's classic rock, however, I had no idea it was actual 70's music and always thought it was from the 80's until I did research on it.

I don't really miss that lifetime other than the fact that things were just soooooo much mellower than today's run run run routine. I do miss that part dearly. As for who were my friends, parent, girlfriend, I barely have any clue, so it doesn't matter. This is likely because that lifetime was out of time to be in sync with my spiritual family as I remember a life from the 18th or 19th century where I had the same parents and one grandfather as in this current lifetime. Crazy stuff reincarnation can have us go through.

I did some intense research about that unique car and the only similar model I could was something in Australia from between 1962 and 1965. I did also find a similar building arrangement as in my memory in Sydney or Victoria. I have always been intrigued about Australia and definitely want to travel there one day.I just thought that it had happened in north America or England, though...
Old 11-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Badger1777

Thanks for the insights all

There's been some comments about whether or not I should try to find and contact any of my past life surviving relatives. Just to assure everyone, I'm not going to do that. It would only cause pain for those involved. Let sleeping dogs lie and all that. Water under the bridge.

There has also been mention that the reason its bugging me might be that something is unresolved. Well that's an easy one. Between most recent previous and the one before that, I've never had a crack at a full human life expectancy. I.e. both, I believe, were cut short abrubtly. This most recent one, if I'm right and its not just my imagination (although the details are too accurate for it to be my imagination I think), I died suddenly and alone, in circumstances that simply should not have happened. A vehicle leaving the road and rolling down a hill because of a simple mechanical failure of the brakes, even in the days of drum brakes and limited (or no) hydraulics, shouldn't happen, and if it does, there should be backup procedures that will work (assuming you're driving in the correct gear and a suitable speed for the conditions). The logical conclusion is that previous me met his demise due to simple negligence. Negligence on the part of whoever's job it was to maintain the vehicle (it was a work's pickup, not mine personally), but more than that, negligence on the part of me. Everyone knows you do a little brake test before you need it, especially if you're carrying a lot of weight, and everyone knows you take it easy on the hills and bends.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
hi Badger. I think I understand your story. As we incarnate over and over around ones we've been with before, I do think that your wife probably was with you in that other lifetime, that would be quite usual.

Most of my relationships, Ive ended up remembering where the people fit into another lifetime with me (and many of them have remembered it too).

The fact that your past parents may be still alive. Only you can feel and know what you are supposed to do with this info (try to seek them out or not???). Its probably just info given to you which isnt to be acted on but what if you may have gained this awareness before their actual death for some reason! What if one of them is about to die of cancer and you are supposed to meet and tell them not to fear about death? There could be reasons why you were given this info while they are still alive. I wouldnt think that past life info is never supposed to be acted on.

Just like we think of past times good and bad this lifetime, I cant see what is the harm of adding past life memories to our current memories and even seeking these out if they are naturally coming to you (as long as it doesnt make a person start disconnecting from this lifetime etc). If you are really drawn to do anything like go back to that town to gather your thoughts, or try to seek out more knowledge about that life, maybe you should.

Our lives all merge anyway. Maybe its just one life. Things from other lifetimes still affect us this lifetime etc. etc. The same souls are often around.

I find that usually when my past life memories have come up, there is usually something to do with that lifetime which is in need of healing or clearing and once that is done, thou I find my lifetime still interesting, it doesnt hold that same pull of needing to know more and Im able to just let it go.

That is correct. I have links with another member on another site from a past life. We are not very good friends now but he insists we will still meet up in the next life. Will that be compulsory? I believe we were twins in that life. We are the double in looks in this life...same colouring of hair and eyes....

Deepsea
Old 11-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Experiencer

That's an interesting question, deepsea. I don't personally feel that most things in a life plan are compulsory, including the people we encounter. I think that we are less afraid of pain, and more willing to try to resolve issues at any cost on the "other side". From descriptions I've read, I would say that we are overconfident in what challenges we accept!

I'm glad, Badger, that you don't intend to look for people who are still living from your past. I don't think that's ever a good idea. I have come upon past life descendants of mine on ancestry.com, and I did correct the record about what happened to me. I couldn't resist, as they had no idea that I had drowned in a massive flood. Since that was historically documented, I pretended that I was writing a book about the flood. I hope it was an innocent deception.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:39 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
That's an interesting question, deepsea. I don't personally feel that most things in a life plan are compulsory, including the people we encounter. I think that we are less afraid of pain, and more willing to try to resolve issues at any cost on the "other side". From descriptions I've read, I would say that we are overconfident in what challenges we accept!

I'm glad, Badger, that you don't intend to look for people who are still living from your past. I don't think that's ever a good idea. I have come upon past life descendants of mine on ancestry.com, and I did correct the record about what happened to me. I couldn't resist, as they had no idea that I had drowned in a massive flood. Since that was historically documented, I pretended that I was writing a book about the flood. I hope it was an innocent deception.

Thanks Rosiecotton.
So very true about accepting challenges which normally I do not do...but rather curious about this one....still,what will be,will be....
Old 14-07-2014, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
That is correct. I have links with another member on another site from a past life. We are not very good friends now but he insists we will still meet up in the next life. Will that be compulsory? I believe we were twins in that life. We are the double in looks in this life...same colouring of hair and eyes....

Deepsea

Deepsea, that's very interesting about past life links...also the bit about not being very good friends now but him insisting you will meet up in the afterlife.
Why is it that you say you are not very good friends now, if you don't mind my asking? Is it because you are in different countries, or because one or the other is not welcoming toward the friendship? Is he offputting in some way?

I have a vaguely similar situation (but we weren't twins of course, nor blood relatives at all, but rather partners, and so we have never looked alike in that sense -- neither then nor now). Likewise, we are not very good friends by my measure, and to be honest he has many barriers to any sort of normal or tangible friendship in this life, which he chalks up to his reclusive ways. However he has said the same bit about meeting in the afterlife. I always found that rather odd and didn't know what to make of it Suppose it means they're still cross

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
hi Badger. I think I understand your story. As we incarnate over and over around ones we've been with before, I do think that your wife probably was with you in that other lifetime, that would be quite usual.

Most of my relationships, Ive ended up remembering where the people fit into another lifetime with me (and many of them have remembered it too).

The fact that your past parents may be still alive. Only you can feel and know what you are supposed to do with this info (try to seek them out or not???). Its probably just info given to you which isnt to be acted on but what if you may have gained this awareness before their actual death for some reason! What if one of them is about to die of cancer and you are supposed to meet and tell them not to fear about death? There could be reasons why you were given this info while they are still alive. I wouldnt think that past life info is never supposed to be acted on.

Just like we think of past times good and bad this lifetime, I cant see what is the harm of adding past life memories to our current memories and even seeking these out if they are naturally coming to you (as long as it doesnt make a person start disconnecting from this lifetime etc). If you are really drawn to do anything like go back to that town to gather your thoughts, or try to seek out more knowledge about that life, maybe you should.

Our lives all merge anyway. Maybe its just one life. Things from other lifetimes still affect us this lifetime etc. etc. The same souls are often around.

I find that usually when my past life memories have come up, there is usually something to do with that lifetime which is in need of healing or clearing and once that is done, thou I find my lifetime still interesting, it doesnt hold that same pull of needing to know more and Im able to just let it go.

Nicely said...agreed. I think there is a reason why these things come to the fore...and there could be many reasons, these among them.

And what a fascinating bunch of tales, the lot of you

Peace & blessings to all,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 15-07-2014, 09:23 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Deepsea, that's very interesting about past life links...also the bit about not being very good friends now but him insisting you will meet up in the afterlife.
Why is it that you say you are not very good friends now, if you don't mind my asking? Is it because you are in different countries, or because one or the other is not welcoming toward the friendship? Is he offputting in some way?

I have a vaguely similar situation (but we weren't twins of course, nor blood relatives at all, but rather partners, and so we have never looked alike in that sense -- neither then nor now). Likewise, we are not very good friends by my measure, and to be honest he has many barriers to any sort of normal or tangible friendship in this life, which he chalks up to his reclusive ways. However he has said the same bit about meeting in the afterlife. I always found that rather odd and didn't know what to make of it Suppose it means they're still cross

Peace & blessings
7L

I have no other reason but to say when chatting on the phone with him,I always received bad feelings about him...I cannot explain why!

That he wasn't genuine?
That he was also married?
Lots of reasons come to mind.....
He wasn't for me....

Deepsea.
Old 16-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Master
Very interesting, and I do not doubt your impressions. Something about him put you off and your reasons sound quite understandable. Something about him not being genuine, for whatever reason. I can see why you balk at the thought of having to deal with him in the afterlife as well. Perhaps a "phone call" will do it then as well

Well, at least this other gent is not married. Just reclusive, obstinate, and not easy to make much sense of I don't even know him well enough to speak beyond that, so I'll have to leave it at that and sort whatever he meant about meeting up in the after life DURING the afterlife, haha. I trust it will make more sense at that time Until then it makes as much sense as pie on toast, or a book on how to read...

Lovely chatting with you, as always

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 16-07-2014, 06:10 AM
deepsea

What made me very wary was the fact that I found out there were many other women who were taken in by his 'story' as well.....so I finished the friendship.

He still hangs around...maybe I was first woman who stood up to him...