Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-12-2015, 11:27 AM
Master
I did it yesterday 2 minuts without any toughts just a quiet mind and with soft breath in and out. I'm proud of myself. Going to do this everyday from now on. :-)
Old 31-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Knower

I used to do mantra meditation, but I just prefer silence... except now I started implementing meditation music. And that's going well. I used to have glasses of water in front of me as that's supposed to collect energy or something like that. I'm probably mixing that up. I may get back to that at some point. So now it's just sitting on a cushion in the dark listening to mediation music with a Amethyst crystal pendulum on my left ear for good measure.
Old 31-12-2015, 07:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2488
I used to do mantra meditation, but I just prefer silence... except now I started implementing meditation music. And that's going well. I used to have glasses of water in front of me as that's supposed to collect energy or something like that. I'm probably mixing that up. I may get back to that at some point. So now it's just sitting on a cushion in the dark listening to mediation music with a Amethyst crystal pendulum on my left ear for good measure.

Hey

Wow i like your idea with the water.
Thanks for sharing
Old 31-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
I do yoga and tantra lately, but sometimes I still do mindfulness meditations.
Old 31-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Master
mindfulness, yoga, colouring, long walks
Old 01-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Newbie ;)

i just see how thoughts bring different feeling,it goes on with different types of feeling for almost 15 minutes and after that thought and feeling get vaporized.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Happy new year to all friends
Old 03-01-2016, 01:14 AM
Knower
Wow! That's awesome to see so many different techniques! And Happy New Year to everyone. :)

For me I've never followed a specific practice because I am mostly self taught and go with what my intuition feels. However I do find that cleansing breaths and visualization of God's light entering your crown chakra and moving down to your base chakra is freeing and gives me such a sense of peace and love. I usually then focus on my third eye and tend to see the moving orbs of color or color washes afterward.

Lately I've had more visualizations rather than meditations because my spirit/mind is adjusting to dramatic changes that have happened. Its like having a very active lucid dream and I've been drawing them in my spiritual journal. I'm a creative type so I enjoy them and they seem to be like sequential episodes of a metaphorical journey. I read that we can astral project when we do this and our spirit stays attached to our bodies through a silver chord which pulls our spirit back when we are done traveling. It's really very cool and I wish there was more information on it. I feel like what I saw is very relevant to what's going on in my life and maybe what will go on. It is very active and different than meditation but I reached it through the same methods of cleansing breaths and activated chakras.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:36 AM
Knower
I began with simply focusing on my breathing in and out while holding attention on my third eye chakra. Although simple, I did not find this method to be very engaging -- just not enough to hold my interest. I failed to maintain a "religious" schedule for these meditations and stopped entirely.

I made a New Year's resolution to meditate daily, but I asked for guidance on the best way to do this. Not that any one way is better than another, but I've found something that helps me relax and focus on my internal nature. I recently developed an inner landscape that I travel to in my mind/heart for short periods of time during the day. This method has been very interesting to explore -- i'm not sure if there is a name for this beyond visualization -- I came up with it myself (although I doubt I'm the only person to have done this). I simply asked my guides to create a private island sanctuary for my meditations. Only a few days into it, but the results are quite literally a whole new world for me to explore and learn about myself.

The center of my meditation island (where I appear each time I wish to go there) contains a small wooden cottage surrounded by gardens surrounded by forest. In the gardens, there are 4 magic portals (I like fantasy novels) to the north, south, east, and west coasts of my island. My understanding is that each of the portals leads to a dwelling of my various guides (I haven't taken all of them yet, but will when guided to do so). I have spent most of my time in the cottage getting it set up the way I like. I have already added on a few rooms to the cabin based on my intuition and guidance. The main room when you step in from the front porch, is a meditation room which started with simply a pillow in the center, and a fireplace on the east wall... it has evolved into having an ancestor alter to the right of the fireplace, an immediate family alter to the left of the fireplace, and paintings of my guides above the fireplace. Two rooms share the west wall of the cabin: my "control room", although I'm not sure how elaborate it will get, it currently holds an ancient apple IIe computer with the text "Meditate Daily" on it. LOL. And a room of 9 pedestals, one representing each of my chakras (including my earth star and soul star chakras). Each pedestal has a fist-sized colored gemstone representing each primary energy center of my body. When I enter the room, I can immediately see which of my chakras(gemstones) is dirty, and I can walk over and clean them off. Once all the beautiful gemstones are clean, I re-energize them with a thought. I then leave to sit quietly on the pillow in the main mediation room. It is only at that time I begin my meditation within my meditation. It is then that I focus on my breathing and perform a mind-clearing meditation. When I'm ready, I open my eyes and go back to whatever it is that I should be doing in the real world.

That got significantly longer than I had anticipated. I hope that gives you something to think about. Good luck! I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 27-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Knower
Visualisation mostly as the current job that the flow of life keeps bringing me back to is heavy lifting, so visualisation of healing light throughout my body, or when I'm reading I tend to have half an hour of visualisation to understand on a deeper level.

Also aomething I like to call essense meditation in which I concentrate on the source of my consciousness or the immaterial aspect of ourselves, and of course prayer :.