Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-12-2015, 04:59 PM
Master
What meditation do you do?

Hi all

This thread is for everyone that meditates and you don't have to be an expert to post your meditation.

I love meditation so much and always ask everyone i meet what meditation they do. I'm curious so here goes.

What meditation do you do?
Old 12-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Newbie ;)

I practice inner silence meditation. I try as much as possible to quiet my mind and be free of any thoughts. Everyday, i try to increase the duration. What about you. what type do you do.
Old 13-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer
I practice inner silence meditation. I try as much as possible to quiet my mind and be free of any thoughts. Everyday, i try to increase the duration. What about you. what type do you do.

To be honest i have tried allot of different meditations. From mantra, mindfulness to body scan meditation and to me they are all good. I just get bored quickly and go on to the next which is not good.

I am doing an om mantra meditation at the moment.
Old 14-12-2015, 01:21 AM
Newbie ;)

I used to do mantra meditation but i found it just creates more distraction. I like to enjoy the silence. If you get bored easily, have you tried listening to calm beautiful music while you meditate.
Old 14-12-2015, 01:32 AM
Master

I do one where I make the chakra points go counter clockwise. I like how it mesmerizes me
Old 14-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Pathfinder

Let what comes come and let what goes go.
Old 15-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Newbie ;)

I took instruction in Transcendental Mediation in 1974, and I've continued the practice ever since. Over time, experiences have gotten deeper, more blissful. Over the years, I have also done a number of other practices, but meditation remains the core practice.
Old 15-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelFree
I took instruction in Transcendental Mediation in 1974, and I've continued the practice ever since. Over time, experiences have gotten deeper, more blissful. Over the years, I have also done a number of other practices, but meditation remains the core practice.

Transcendental Mediation always interested me but cant pay that much for a mantra.

Is it true the mantra is super strong? I hear these days they give you a mantra based on your age. Any truth to that?
Old 15-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Master
* 10 slow deep breaths - drawing in subtle energy, exhaling it ad the energy up the spine and out the crown. Focusing only on the breaths.

* Drop into mental silence, not finishing any thoughts that start.

* Wait silently for the color to begin to develop - no thinking.

* watch the color fields morph and change - if tunnels appear take them - if not stay in color fields until the feeling comes to end the meditation - usually bladder has the say so. lol

* if tunnels appeared take them and move consciousness out into the Universe and whatever it might hold for that day.
Old 15-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
* 10 slow deep breaths - drawing in subtle energy, exhaling it ad the energy up the spine and out the crown. Focusing only on the breaths.

* Drop into mental silence, not finishing any thoughts that start.

* Wait silently for the color to begin to develop - no thinking.

* watch the color fields morph and change - if tunnels appear take them - if not stay in color fields until the feeling comes to end the meditation - usually bladder has the say so. lol

* if tunnels appeared take them and move consciousness out into the Universe and whatever it might hold for that day.

WOW very advance and hopefully i will get there some day.

That is the experience i am looking for to hear and wow me. To just get me motivated to do it everyday and know it worth it in the long run.

Just one question: * Drop into mental silence, not finishing any thoughts that start. So when a thought comes up you let it finish by itself or do you stop it in the middle of the thought?

Also drop into silence, does it just happens on its own?
thanks