Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Pathfinder

sometimes the mind feels like a wild horse attached to a rope and ya keep trying to tame it but it wont play ball, often pulling and sucking my attention or wandering of into the future. often chucks the toys out of the pram and finds fault in everything and never happy for long. i can see its judgments towards others, i can see its insecure i can see it suffering like the child it is and all it wants is to be loved
Old 27-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1974
sometimes the mind feels like a wild horse...
And that is it's job.
The Mind's job is to keep us separated from the Truth...from Reality; from Bliss.

Knowing this, we become less agitated to it and unemotionally laugh at it.
We redirect to what is important ...and that is to be where we want to be...centered, connected and
at peace within inside ourselves....
as a starting point...to more.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Pathfinder

_thumright:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And that is it's job.
The Mind's job is to keep us separated from the Truth...from Reality; from Bliss.

Knowing this, we become less agitated to it and unemotionally laugh at it.
We redirect to what is important ...and that is to be where we want to be...centered, connected and
at peace within inside ourselves....
as a starting point...to more.
i can see its tantrums, and its fears and it likes to create lots of racket. i notice myself at times also clinging to the bliss. and the theres days i feel undisturbed by all the chaos as i watch all hell being break loose. theres also days were it drags me along for the ride as it torturess me along the way
Old 27-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Smile

Quote:
i can see its tantrums, and its fears and it likes to create lots of racket. i notice myself at times also clinging to the bliss. and the theres days i feel undisturbed by all the chaos as i watch all hell being break loose. theres also days were it drags me along for the ride as it torturess me along the way
Memory makes a groove in the brain...like wagon wheels that make a rut...
that future wheels fall into.
My words, but influenced by Dr. Caroline Leaf

Rather than thinking about and then writing about how things
'drag you along' and are 'torturous'...replace those thoughts immediately
with memories of bliss and the successes in reaching peace.
Make those pathways deeper and more traveled.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Memory makes a groove in the brain...like wagon wheels that make a rut...
that future wheels fall into.
My words, but influenced by Dr. Caroline Leaf

Rather than thinking about and then writing about how things
'drag you along' and are 'torturous'...replace those thoughts immediately
with memories of bliss and the successes in reaching peace.
Make those pathways deeper and more traveled.
Old 28-03-2016, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
sometimes the mind feels like a wild horse attached to a rope and ya keep trying to tame it but it wont play ball,
i can see its insecure i can see it suffering like the child it is and all it wants is to be loved
Seems pretty simple, love it and make it feel secure rather than try to tame it with a rope ...

Pretty sure the same goes for the whole person too.
Old 29-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Seems pretty simple, love it and make it feel secure rather than try to tame it with a rope ...

Pretty sure the same goes for the whole person too.
I've never tried that approach...love it, make the mind feel secure.

I trick the mind...."You can think all these things later, now is not the time."
Of course, later comes and I ignore it and it gets tired of trying to bother me....'cuz I'm not interested.
I'm really no fun for the devil-mind, the monkey-mind to play with...

Old 30-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks miss Hepburn. Like many others I tried talking to it sitting watching it's patterns and behaviour to find it quiteing down to the point were I think it's gone, and then it just takes someone or something to trigger it's emergence and it comes back and leaves me flabbergasted lol. I'm aware ya can't get rid of the "ego" though it does transform into a positive one. With each showing of itself there's more of a ripeness to it maybe that's when it will drop.