Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-02-2017, 05:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Was it astral projection,sleep paralysis,or something else

I think I have mentioned this here before but I still haven't been able to tell what it was. I haven't attempted astral projection in a while but I hope to start again but I want to figure this out first.
I had woken up on my bed and saw what I normally see. I try to get up but I'm unable to. I assume it's just sleep paralysis and calmly relax,not a second before I'm relaxed the entire room turns a shady dark where I can only see about 5 feet in front of me. After I hear bones being crushed and notice the bed in front of me has something coming out from under it. The gap is so small that the bones have to be smashed for the skin of the body to get through. As he finally appears he gives me a big smile. Soon after a woman appears to my left and stares at me with a bigger smile and stare at me with eyes that should be too big for it's face. They scream to me that I'm dreaming but I know I'm not because at this point I would have become lucid and would be able to get up right? When I deny the possibility they open their mouths showing what was a black void inside and I hear about 50 loud whispering on top of each other to where I couldn't understand them.
I'm confused because I couldn't move but I didn't have a pressure on my chest and I couldn't feel anything. I had been depressed for about 4 weeks after which made me think it could have been leeching off my energy after the experience but if it was AP then I should have also been able to move.
I'd appreciate informarion to help me figure this out.
Old 20-02-2017, 05:39 AM
Experiencer
Degrees of lucidity in dreams can vary a lot. I would guess that maybe in this one, the dream was very vivid but you're awareness wasn't all there so you experienced inhibited movement and you weren't able to transform the dream experience through intention/expectation. In my experience, sleep paralysis is much simpler than the scenario you described. And depression can disturb sleep and even cause nightmares or generally negative dreams. But really, even conscious experiences like these exist on a spectrum of possibilities, so only you can really understand it since it was your experience. I think that if you're interested in understanding it better, maybe lucid dreaming and astral projecting (and meditation, obviously) would be a good idea to help you sort it out. The more you probe those experiences, the more they reveal to you what they are, and then you can eventually keep your center through all of them