Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 31-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Master

If it is not God's Will that you kill a person, it is wrong because you would be interceding in, and curtailing the other's God-given opportunity to realize their own divinity in this life. No one has the right to do that, since each one equally possesses that individual opportunity.

~ J
Old 31-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, that's why I said "just wondered"...probably something someone said.
It is an interesting idea...even a deep idea not usually thought about.

L-
As far as using He - it gets old writing He/She/It --He is the usual pronoun that makes
it easier for writers, period - they often say that before they start in with their book, while also saying which Bible version they will be quoting from.
Ya wanna say She, Krishna, Allah, the Goddess, Holy Mother Creator- knock yourself out.
Also, since Jesus said our Father - that's good enough for me to make it even simpler.
I find calling my Father Creator, this Magnificent, Brilliant, Loving Being I know well, an It, personally, stomach turning.
But I get why people do, so I let it go, ya have to.

"Just wondering" has stimulated a good dialogue.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.

Which God(s)/god(s) are you talking about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 01-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Master
Hello,

This discussion bring some thoughts.

Is it God or is it humans that care and allow (in general) murder to happen?

Meaning aren't humans given free wil? With freedom comes responsibility. In this sense wonder if it is not God so much as it is what humans do to each other.

If here to "learn" or progress or become more "in touch" with the divine, what is being done and reflected that indicates this is happening?

Just some wondering here. For if "Gods children" and allowed to live and explore on our own, then would think this may require taking responsibility.

So, is it God creating the situation or ones own doing and what humans have created for ourselves?

Just some thoughts and wondering
Old 01-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Master

God has not designed this “schoolroom” for IT to learn . . . rather . . . for US to learn.

Peace lies not in the world . . . but in the person who walks it.

How each individual uses each and every factor / facet in and of the world . . . is up to the individual . . . and in addition . . . tends to impact all those around you.

We make it all more difficult on ourselves . . . when we have teaching experiences / opportunities . . . and do not learn. It makes little difference whether it is a dream or an illusion . . . learn from both . . . and beyond.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:

Think in terms of the dream! Notice it is not God that kills and so less about the word God. Let us be better then God then. As soon as the word God is thrown in, we get confused, we don't know how to answer. As above, below. If you do not know the answer here, would you know the answer there. This is not about this being temporary. Temporary vs permanent.

I like this test question H. It asks us the question, not God.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:49 PM
Molearner

Quote:

Miss Hepburn,

If one postulates with enough 'ifs' you can largely dictate answers to what might be faulty premises. I would suggest that probably 99.999% of all people cannot accept that this is a 'dream' or an 'illusion'. You are left with the .001% that can answer your question....:) And if we still had insane asylums that is where you could find them. They would be the most qualified to respond to your question.

The question directs people to believe that God is an uncaring God. That is hard to swallow for most people. Remember the Lord's Prayer....."thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven". Jesus would have never uttered those words if God's will is actually being done on earth. i.e. His will is not being done on earth.

Furthermore, Jesus said...."My kingdom is not of this world". But I do not want to damp your enthusiasm of anticipating responses to your very hypothetical question.....:)
Old 01-02-2020, 04:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I would suggest that probably 99.999% of all people cannot accept that this is a 'dream' or an 'illusion'.
Absolutely correct imo. We tend to think we can change once everything is perfect, not realizing what perfection is. The body is temporary, so what, live with it.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:31 PM
Master

Consider asking any and all . . . in exactly what way is this all a dream or illusion? To make a blanket and generalized statement that it is such-and-such is an easy out. So is . . . “when we die we go somewhere else so that makes *this* an illusion.”
Old 02-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Consider asking any and all . . . in exactly what way is this all a dream or illusion? To make a blanket and generalized statement that it is such-and-such is an easy out. So is . . . “when we die we go somewhere else so that makes *this* an illusion.”
Yes if one sees consciousness as existing. Where the body is temporary, consciousness is not. I of course remember nothing before opening my eyes here which can only be the experience when one opens their eyes. If it occurs here will it happen again, not here. We actually don't go somewhere else if consciousness is dimensional. But even if linear one moves on, hence continues on a journey.