Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-02-2022, 01:16 AM
Master
Faith is unconditional as truth is, and is a way to access the truth. That does not mean that the conditional mind will get what it wants or think it needs. Faith is giving permission for the truth to present itself. For instance, I ask in faith to have more patience, and what I might get is more trials and tribulations so I can learn how to be patient. The truth part here is that my impatience is of my fears of things not going my way. And until I can see that, I won't learn to face and let go of those fears. Faith taps into the potentials of what is true and real.

Belief is an agreement made on what we think or assume to be true, regardless if it really is true or not. Belief is an agreement because we can choose to 'believe' anything to be true. For instance, while searching my desk looking for my house keys, a part of me believes that the keys are somewhere else. The truth is, the keys are in plain sight in front of me, but I chose not to see / recognize them; effectively they are not on my desk. It is only when I give up the search of everywhere else but the desk do I see the keys.

Faith has a way of putting our beliefs on hold, to allow the truth to reveal itself.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:24 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Also, Mark 9:24……”I do believe, help thou my unbelief.”
... My belief is not equal to my faith.
That was a great, thoughtful post.
Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2022, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Simply put; something I have faith in is something I can always count on, while something that I believe in may waiver.
In my opinion faith is stronger than belief.
That was deep ..I have to ponder what you said!! Thank you.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2022, 01:32 AM
''faith seems to be an affirmation we keep reinforcing about a belief system''
I loved your entire thoughtful post, Unseeking...this sentence stood out.
Thank you! :)

Old 10-02-2022, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Faith is unconditional as truth is, and is a way to access the truth.
Faith is giving permission for the truth to present itself.
Faith taps into the potentials of what is true and real.
"Belief is an agreement made on what we think or assume to be true."
(Or know to be true...also.) .
Thank you, Visitor, for your deep thoughts.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:45 AM
tadaysgone

For me to just have faith only, very simply put is like being blind.

Not a man's business.

Beliefs vary.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:09 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaysgone
For me to just have faith only, very simply put is like being blind.
Not a man's business.
Beliefs vary.
Your post largely echoes my views on the matter.

There is the term having 'a leap of faith'. I did just that regarding something pivotal in my life. It had a major, transforming effect that upturned my fatalistic mindset.

To explain: In my psychology degree course, I encountered this (somewhat alien) notion to me, namely freewill and choice - that we could choose our reactions to situations (humanistic psychotherapy). I thought those experiencing this, that I saw as being happy in this belief, were just duping themselves.

However I had nothing to lose (being at a very low ebb) so I suspended my disbelief (cynicism) and took a leap of faith! Opening up my mind to the possibility of freewill being real, I gave it my best shot.

Long story short (ha! I wrote a short story about the transformation) I had an amazing life-changing experience! That was some 4 decades ago and still have a positive mindset now hardwired into me.

So, now I have the BELIEF of freewill/choice being real, except that I live the proof so not sure it constitutes a mere belief. It would SEEM a belief to others, i.e. that were (as I had been) somewhat cynical that this could be true/real.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:43 PM
tadaysgone

Good to hear you feel happier in your life now ameliorate..

Nikos
Old 10-02-2022, 02:06 PM
Guide
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaysgone
Good to hear you feel happier in your life now ameliorate..
Nikos
Thanks. As mentioned, my positive transformation took place some 4 decades ago, i.e. half my adult lifetime away! I'm now 72, centred/empowered and in harmony/at peace with myself.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:52 AM
tadaysgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Thanks. As mentioned, my positive transformation took place some 4 decades ago, i.e. half my adult lifetime away! I'm now 72, centred/empowered and in harmony/at peace with myself.

Good, I 'm in my 40's.
Something happened yesterday afternoon that made me decide to leave the forum.
So, I guess, good to had the chance to talk with you.

Best wishes