Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-06-2014, 12:54 AM
blackout2626

Thumbs up Any advice? :)

Hi everyone! This is quite long but I hope you read it

Since starting at university in October, my beliefs about myself and how to go through everyday social situations have changed so much. For a short while a couple of months ago, I believe I was the closest I've ever been to my highest self. Everything at that time was perfect in my life and everyone in my life seemed to gravitate towards my new-found positivity and aliveness. It wore off after a while and I assumed that surge was meant to be only temporary; I don't know how it even came about! However since then I feel I've dropped far from my highest self.

Now I've always told myself I want to learn to be completely happy alone/by myself which I believe will mean being closer to my highest self thus more at peace. I think recently I've been staying away from human contact for that reason. However I feel like my world is falling away from me as I hear all my friends having fun and laughs altogether without me. I tell myself I can be part of that fun once I've become happy by myself, but I think this is making me unhappy and I keep conjuring up negative thoughts. I don't know if this is temporary or if it will continue well into my future.

My question(s), to you lovely people out there is - is this period of unhappiness right now a natural and temporary phase which must be gotten through to achieve my goal of happiness by myself and higher self? Or am I wrong to go down this path to achieve higher self? Should I be more social and make an effort with people?

Adam
Old 05-06-2014, 03:25 AM
primrose

Adam it isn't necessary to stay alone to achieve closeness to your higher self.

I think this unhappiness is a temporary phase while you figure out exactly what it is you expect. Only be more social if it comes naturally for you to do, you could still do meditation when you are alone. There is no right or wrong path it is what feels comfortable for you.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Yvonne

My advice is don't question yourself, just do what feels right for you