Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2022, 01:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
WW2 was the end time, but it got pushed back to today..
I'm going north, have a cabin up there ... I may be feeble-minded. But hey, it's my life. ( just kidding around)
I almost died last fall in a car accident, no #$%^ lucky for me my car was bigger. Bought a lottery ticket, still a loser on that front. The other driver did not do well, I'm a trucker now, social work does not pay well. It's a contemplative life too.

But there are the birth pangs, you know. Plagues, pestilence and disiease. The environment is going south, and Elon Musk simply figures AI will kill us all one day?. The coming of the Cosmic Christ has already happened and is happening. A spiritual revival of sorts? Darn fundamentalists want to keep us all in the dark ages.
As you may have figured, I get a bit jaded with it all.
Hi Sophia.

Its impossible for ww2 to be the end time. Otherwise Gods kingdom would he here in total control with no more satan influences.
We are living in the end times. 1914 was Rev 6-The ride ofthe white horse( righteous war)= the war in heaven, satan lost and was cast to the earth. Rev 6 says-and peace was taken from the earth( not a single war a world war) After ww1 millions upon millions died from the things mentioned of the other 3 riders. We are at the end of the last days. Babylon the great must fall( religion), this triggers the tribulation.
Old 17-02-2022, 02:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
Its impossible for ww2 to be the end time. Otherwise Gods kingdom would he here in total control with no more satan influences.
We are living in the end times. 1914 was Rev 6-The ride ofthe white horse( righteous war)= the war in heaven, satan lost and was cast to the earth. Rev 6 says-and peace was taken from the earth( not a single war a world war) After ww1 millions upon millions died from the things mentioned of the other 3 riders. We are at the end of the last days. Babylon the great must fall( religion), this triggers the tribulation.

This is the main problem that has followed humanity over the last 1900 rounded years since Revelation was written. All of that information was to have happened back then ... no defining date ... but it was to happen SOON and, it never did.

The very first verse in Rev says:
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.

Verse 3 ends by saying: ...because the time is near.

Then in the last chapter (22) it says:
6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

7 “Look, I am coming soon!

12 “Look, I am coming soon!

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”

There are many verses throughout the NT text that say the same thing.

In Mark 9:1 it says:
“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

There are other references, like what was told to Caiaphas the high priest:
...hereafter you (Caiaphas) shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.

The idea is, there are either some very old people walking around today, and all we'd have to do is find them to verify, or, they all died and people's interpretation of all this is, and has been all along ... wrong.

What can I say ...
For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay. (Heb.10:37)

... 2000 rounded years is not "a very little while."
Old 17-02-2022, 07:36 PM
Experiencer

What can I say ...
For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay. (Heb.10:37)
2000 rounded years is not "a very little while."[/quote]

Its been 2 days to God- 2Peter 3:8)- We are on the verge, Babylon the great will fall.
Old 17-02-2022, 07:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
What can I say ...
2000 rounded years is not "a very little while."

Quote:
Its been 2 days to God- 2Peter 3:8)- We are on the verge, Babylon the great will fall.

If that were the case, then the verses that directly applied to the people of that time "not dying" and would "see this return" happening would be your next consideration.
God is in no hurry, but, WE (2000 rounded years ago) are STILL “the generation.”
Old 17-02-2022, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
What can I say ...
2000 rounded years is not "a very little while

How many times have some been predicting the 'End Times', from what I can remember, 1878, 1881, 1918, 1925, 1975, and a few times around the year 2000. If and when it happens nobody knows, from memory Jesus said 'Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.' or some similar words......
Old 17-02-2022, 09:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
How many times have some been predicting the 'End Times', from what I can remember, 1878, 1881, 1918, 1925, 1975, and a few times around the year 2000. If and when it happens nobody knows, from memory Jesus said 'Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.' or some similar words......
That's Mark 13:33 ... Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.

But if you really look at that picture, the "you" part would be the people being spoken to 2000 rounded years ago. It's like these verses:

Luke 12:40
You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour you do not expect."

Luke 21:36
So keep watch at all times, and pray that you may have the strength to escape all that is about to happen and to stand before the Son of Man."

Mark 13;23
But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

Granted, they didn't know "the day or hour" ... but they knew the generation.

When people read this today, they have been programmed to follow the basic story that this event is still coming, and the "YOU" aspect means THEM TODAY. But it doesn't ... these were people 2000 rounded years ago being told things by a person 2000 rounded years ago about something THEY should expect to happen.

Mark 13:30 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Old 17-02-2022, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case (Post #26)
Mark 13:30 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
I am convinced that when Jesus said "generation" he was using a verb [and not a noun].

Just my view and two-cents-worth.

"...better...the day of death than the day of one's birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

"Memento Mori."
Old 17-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

Why do you mention only those years? Those dates received virtually no attention....... now or back then.

One year that was pivotal for mankind was 1500 AD which did have much effect on mankind...... not Biblical which they expected, but nevertheless, the expectations what people expected for that year has already had Worldwide effects.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-02-2022, 10:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids
I am convinced that when Jesus said "generation" he was using a verb [and not a noun].

Just my view and two-cents-worth.

The idea is, ALL of the relevant lines that talk about this must be grouped together to get a picture of what's actually said. The "generation" lines are another part of the overall picture.

Now these things happened unto them by way of example; and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come. (1 Corinthians 10:11)
Old 18-02-2022, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:

Shure, OK. I'm not fully up to speed on much of this. I shudder when I think about it, who wants to suffer through the end times.

I love God, I love Jesus because I see his love was good. So good for us all. For those with an eye to see..

I believe in Heaven, I have great anticipation for this day. Lord have mercy on my soul.