Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Matthew's account of what Jesus said includes something that Mark left out.
So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Matthew 24:26,27

When Jesus returns everyone will see it so there will be on need to tell someone else that he has returned.

maybe no One would have to be told but that wouldn't stop the exclamations. i mean, if there's one thing we humans are good at it's stating the obvious.

a news reporter stands amid the tornado caused rumble of what was once a town and says ... "there is devastation here".
Old 29-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
Just for arguments sake here, and although it may sound kind of funny; But what if Jesus returned in a UFO and every eye saw it? What would the fundamentalists do then? Would they accept that or warn everyone that this was not the real Jesus?
It only takes one thing out of place to make those buried in religions doctrines to be thrown for a major loop.
precisely.
Old 16-02-2022, 06:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobs
I just want to get a conversation started on this topic. The end times has been interesting to me for some time.
This thread has been around for awhile ... anyone still interested?
Old 16-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Pathfinder
Hi All,

For what it might be worth, I am of the view that "The End Times" applies to each of us individually [as an allegorical "blow-by-blow" description of what we each must go through on our individual journey to spiritual maturity] vs. applying to the whole world.

Just my viewpoint and two-cents-worth,

David

"...better...the day of death than the day of one's birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

"Memento Mori."
Old 16-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids
For what it might be worth, I am of the view that "The End Times" applies to each of us individually [as an allegorical "blow-by-blow" description of what we each must go through on our individual journey to spiritual maturity] vs. applying to the whole world.
Hi Dave,

Well, this is an actual (religious) subject, but historically there's a major problem. Christianity is the source for the beliefs on this today, but, if you look at the history of the subject, this belief is traceable back to the Hebrews, and from there to the Zoroastrians.

In other words, since writing began, there was NO end times story to be found anywhere, in any culture, until the Zoroastrians came up with it. Their belief was connected to a "one coming" called the Saoshyant, and this belief, during the Hebrew exile, was simply absorbed by the Hebrews and brought home when they returned. The Saoshyant became the Messiah figure, and finally popped up as Jesus. This "return and end times" picture was supposed to have happened in THEIR lifetime (no exact date), and people have been waiting for over 1900 rounded years. When you deal with lines like these ... there is no confusion ... the return never happened.

“…that hour which is about to come upon the whole world…(Rv.3:10).
Behold, I am coming quickly...(Rv.22:12).
Yes, I am coming quickly. (Rv.22:20)
For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay. (Heb.10:37).

There are more lines, but you get the idea.

The story actually doesn't stop here ... and the question is - why did the Zoroastrians suddenly decide to come up with this picture?
Old 16-02-2022, 10:36 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case (Post #15)
...the question is - why did the Zoroastrians suddenly decide to come up with this picture?
Hi Justin,

Thank you, a very interesting [historical] post.

In answer to your [above posed] question, I would say that humankind had advanced/evolved Spiritually far enough to [finally] need/want the answer to that question.

As an analogy:

When a three year old child asks their mother where babies come from, they might get an answer like, God/[or a stork] brings them.

Then, when they hit around six, they might get to wondering about that, and ask again, i.e. now the original answer no longer suffices [because of their increased awareness/maturity].

Now they might be told that their mother went to the hospital and got the child. Again, that answer will probably suffice FOR NOW.

Now again, when they hit maybe ten, the question comes up because the last answer no longer suffices/fulfills [and for the same reason as before].

Maybe this time their told that the baby came out of mom's stomach. Again, that may suffice for their current level of awareness/maturity.

And, to take it further, when they [roughly] hit around puberty [or just before], they are probably going to start wondering just how that baby got into mom's stomach!

Finally they are READY for the "full" [anatomical] explanation.

I do believe humankind/society/any individual is/has been like that child. It is only until a certain/sufficient level of maturity/awareness is reached that these issues are needed to be dealt with.

As Jesus said, to arguably the most Spiritually advanced/mature men of his time-and-place, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now." (John 16:12 KJV)

Just my viewpoint,

David

"...better...the day of death than the day of one's birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart. Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth."

"Memento Mori."
Old 16-02-2022, 11:41 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davids
I do believe humankind/society/any individual is/has been like that child. It is only until a certain/sufficient level of maturity/awareness is reached that these issues are needed to be dealt with.

Very well put ... but thus far, I haven't seen it anywhere.

With regard to "why" the Zoroastrians developed this picture of the end times, it seems around 600+ BC the magnetic north had slipped down over Eurasia, and the aurora they saw for centuries led to some interesting "interpretations." It's not too odd to see the religious leaders jumping to the same conclusions.

In Richard Stothers' explanation. from 467 / 468 BC (which would tie to the time of Zoroaster’s religion):
For seventy-five days continually, there was seen in the heavens a fiery body of vast size, as if it had been a flaming cloud, not resting in one place, but moving along with intricate and irregular motions, so that fiery fragments, broken from it by its plunging and erratic course, were carried in all directions and flashed fire, just as shooting stars do.

Not too hard to put 2 and 2 together with centuries of sightings like that...details like "flaming heavens," "fiery sky dragons," and even a "rain of blood."
Old 16-02-2022, 11:50 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
With regard to "why" the Zoroastrians developed this picture of the end times, it seems around 600+ BC the magnetic north had slipped down over Eurasia, and the aurora they saw for centuries led to some interesting "interpretations."

In Richard Stothers' explanation. from 467 / 468 BC (which would tie to the time of Zoroaster’s religion):
For seventy-five days continually, there was seen in the heavens a fiery body of vast size, as if it had been a flaming cloud, not resting in one place, but moving along with intricate and irregular motions, so that fiery fragments, broken from it by its plunging and erratic course, were carried in all directions and flashed fire, just as shooting stars do.

Not too hard to put 2 and 2 together with centuries of sightings like that...details like "flaming heavens," "fiery sky dragons," and even a "rain of blood."
An interesting postulaton!

"Memento Mori."
Old 17-02-2022, 12:06 AM
Master
WW2 was the end time, but it got pushed back to today..
I'm going north, have a cabin up there ... I may be feeble-minded. But hey, it's my life. ( just kidding around)
I almost died last fall in a car accident, no #$%^ lucky for me my car was bigger. Bought a lottery ticket, still a loser on that front. The other driver did not do well, I'm a trucker now, social work does not pay well. It's a contemplative life too.

But there are the birth pangs, you know. Plagues, pestilence and disiease. The environment is going south, and Elon Musk simply figures AI will kill us all one day?. The coming of the Cosmic Christ has already happened and is happening. A spiritual revival of sorts? Darn fundamentalists want to keep us all in the dark ages.
As you may have figured, I get a bit jaded with it all.
Hi Sophia.

Last edited by Nowayout : 17-02-2022 at 12:57 AM.
Old 17-02-2022, 01:12 AM
Master
Watching this right now on Netflix, it's amazing. God is everywhere..

Islands Of Fatih

https://www.netflix.com/watch/812924..._ROOT%2C%2C%2C

Is the world ending?

Life is really simple really if we just take time to contemplate.