Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Guide
Lightbulb 29 Purported Truths about Jesus

Although I'm not a Christian, I have always been fascinated and resonated with Jesus, i.e. as he is portrayed and come to know him.

Some interesting revelations here, e.g. no. 18 'Jesus is mentioned more in the Quran, the sacred scripture of Islam, than the Prophet Muhammad (Jesus is mentioned 25 times, whereas Muhammad is only mentioned four times).'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...BoPWjQ#image=1
Old 11-02-2022, 12:46 PM
Experiencer

They still say God doesnt have a son and he was only a prophet.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
And a certain Denomination say Jesus Christ is an archangel, named Michael.....
Old 11-02-2022, 04:11 PM
Master
........ and most 'Christians' believe Jesus is God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1

I believe Muslims believe in 'sons of God' but don't include Jesus as a son let alone the first son of God. Whereas most 'Christians' believe Jesus was God.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-02-2022, 11:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
........ and most 'Christians' believe Jesus is God.

I believe Muslims believe in 'sons of God' but don't include Jesus as a son let alone the first son of God. Whereas most 'Christians' believe Jesus was God.

I am sorry, but not "some", I can't understand the problem some of you have with this belief, I see no one coming here trying very hard to prove that Jesus is God but I see the JW propaganda and those who adhere to it trying very hard to prove the opposite.

To be born again, deny the self, humble one self? Dreams.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:46 AM
Master
........ if you notice, many seem to believe in the Trinity which claims Jesus is God.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-02-2022, 01:58 AM
Molearner

Quote:
........ if you notice, many seem to believe in the Trinity which claims Jesus is God.

BigJohn,

Does that seem odd to you for Christians ? Or is it assumed for those who are not cChristians ?
Old 12-02-2022, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,

Does that seem odd to you for Christians ? Or is it assumed for those who are not cChristians ?

............... are Unitarians non-Christians?
And there are others who do not believe in the Trinity.

When I look at the Trinity, certain unanswered questions pop up. For example:

Isn't it strange that older manuscripts do not contain 1 John 5:7?

1 John 5:7-8 reads in the KJV Bible as:
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
So why do Trinitarians still quote 1 John 5:7 even though it appears to have been a later addition?

Interestingly, I never have heard from a Trinitarian an explanation on how to translate the Koine Greek word θεὸς. That word is found in 2 Corinthians 4:4, which refers to the god of this age/World, etc. and that same word is also used in John 1:1 and can be translated several diverse ways such as God/god/gods, etc.. From what I have seen, this question always goes unanswered.

If you take the scripture "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" and translate it back in to Greek, you get
Στην αρχή ήταν ο Λόγος, και ο Λόγος ήταν με τον Θεό, και ο Λόγος ήταν Θεός

which is different from the original Greek. The original Greek reads:

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος.

Why such an irregularity?

Old 12-02-2022, 05:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Why such an irregularity?

I think it's amazing that we can understand anything written 2000 years ago. It was a different world then. Different people. Different language and cultures. The only way to see at night then was with fire or moon or starlight.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:05 AM
Master
Most of the issues can be resolved at looking how certain words are translated. For example, in Genesis 1:1 the word that sounds like Elohim was written and translated into English unfortunately as God. That Hebrew word was written as אֱלֹהִ֑ים. When that word was translated into Greek..... there was no corresponding Greek words for that Hebrew word. Because of that, the word should have been written in Greek so it would sound like the Hebrew word but it wasn't. It should have been translated in to Greek something like ελοχίμ which in Greek sounds something like the Hebrew word which sounds in English like Elohim.

This was the way the word AMEN was translated in almost all languages. If you go and look it up, the word in almost all languages sound almost the same as AMEN.

Unfortunately, there seems to be little interest in making these corrections. But at the same time, these 'errors' make it harder for somebody to understand what Christianity is all about.