Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-02-2022, 12:35 PM
Master

Some insights about the Way

Genesis 3:24 "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life"

And then we have Jesus saying.. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Can you notice something? The way to the tree of life is guarded but I AM is the Way so how can it be guarded? Does one need to "fight" with the Cherubims and the flaming sword in order to get to the Way? I mean, from a christian point of view, at least the one that has been for around 2000 years, if you do not follow the Way, you will not be saved, once again, this is christian theology, so no tree of life. Anyway, to me the tree of life is a symbol and not an actual tree for I AM is Life Itself and so the tree of life can not be on its own without I AM, one could say, the tree of life is I AM for I AM is Life.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:56 PM
Ascender
Here is the flaming sword.

From https://www.tarotjournal.us/

And no, you don't need to fight against the Cherubims lol, they will help you.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:37 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan

Can you notice something? The way to the tree of life is guarded but I AM is the Way so how can it be guarded? Does one need to "fight" with the Cherubims and the flaming sword in order to get to the Way? .

ThatMan,

I find agreement with the totality of your post. Last year in the forum we had a thread on the flaming sword. At that time I spoke to the verse you are referring to….Genesis 3:22-24. The key part to understanding is the clue in v. 22….”must not reach out his hand and take”. It is a very subtle but significant wording. To reach out and take is symbolically to be a robber. The fruit of the tree of life can only be a gift of God. One does not take…rather one is given. Think of the traditional way of receiving communion in the Catholic Church…….one does not ‘take’ communion….instead he receives it. These little gems are in scripture demonstrating that the smallest of details can be significant.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT And then we have Jesus saying.. I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Can you notice something? The way to the tree of life is guarded but I AM is the Way so how can it be guarded?
To me, this is a play on words by those who want to believe this. The Hebrew expressions mentioned, I AM and Way can be upper case and/or lower case. Same issue occurs with God/god.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Here is the flaming sword.

From https://www.tarotjournal.us/

And no, you don't need to fight against the Cherubims lol, they will help you.

Interesting, but say to yourself, have you experienced this to know it is real? I only trust in what I experience and even what I experience I do not take as absolute truths unless these experiences are so great that you are left doubtless.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Interesting, but say to yourself, have you experienced this to know it is real?
Yes.
You don't need to trust any scripture, your approach is good, I usually just read them to check that I've progressed, to know where I am. But basically I just sit and meditate without intention.
I didn't know about the Cherubims (they are angels btw, that's why I found fighting with them funny!) but I had an experience that can definitely be related to that bible verse.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
ThatMan,

It is a very subtle but significant wording. To reach out and take is symbolically to be a robber. The fruit of the tree of life can only be a gift of God. One does not take…rather one is given. These little gems are in scripture demonstrating that the smallest of details can be significant.

Really interesting, yes, that's the thing, the smallest details, usually these things are left out for they appear of no importance but when you look, when you reall look, consciously, you can see things that... Anyway, I agree with what you say.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To me, this is a play on words by those who want to believe this. The Hebrew expressions mentioned, I AM and Way can be upper case and/or lower case. Same issue occurs with God/god.

I am talking more from a spiritual perspective which is based on experiences and not only from the literal understanding for the literal as we see it is very open to interpretation.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
Yes. You don't need to trust any scripture, your approach is good, I usually just read them to check that I've progressed, to know where I am. But basically I just sit and meditate without intention.
I didn't know about the Cherubims (they are angels btw, that's why I found fighting with them funny!) but I had an experience that can definitely be related to that bible verse.

I do the same, after I have some amazing experience I google similar experiences and that's how I found out that these things are already known and have been known for years. I do not know if I have asked you this but have you seen your Inner Self? I think in christianity the Spirit is the closest we can get to the idea of the Self, the True Self.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
but have you seen your Inner Self? I think in christianity the Spirit is the closest we can get to the idea of the Self, the True Self.
Yes, that's the Samadhi concentration.
Then there are different stages of Samadhi, and plenty of things beyond.

You are young and used to being in meditative states, I'm sure you would be able to achieve it within a few months, possibly just a few weeks.