Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-02-2022, 09:05 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Lower case 'self' and 'I' generally refers to the ego-self, or ego-mind. The ego being nothing more than a story fabricated by the mind in the hope that it can make sense of itself. Why? Because the brain has no nerve ends of its own and therefore the mind cannot sense itself. So it starts to use memory of human experience to create some sort of identity for itself. The mind knows that the ego story is a fabrication and invalid, but is compelled to deny this truth so it can feel valid somewhat similar to everything else it validates. That is why humans are so busy 24/7 in maintaining a sense of validity; and why the mind may say, under great ego threat and loss, "I am losing my mind!"

Upper case Self, I, I AM, Spirit, and Soul refers to truth consciousness. This only happens when the mind humbles its ego story ("Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10), and allows the Truth to consciousness. Then our inner Being expresses the Truth of God... we become conscious of God/Truth.
In the Christian walk, we distinguish between the spirit and the soul and generally accept that the human being in his totality is devoid of truth. Based on my own learning, the "I AM" which you refer to is what we call 'the human spirit' and this is the part of us that is lifeless, save for those who have had it awakened by God. But this is not to say that any ordinary man cannot access they're spirit/I AM, but rather they will perceive it and as they go deeper, will find that its state is emptiness. A Christian does not need to humble his mind, rather, he needs to be reborn into a new (Adamic) consciousness that allows him to perceive and experience life through his human spirit as a base as compared to the flesh. God awakens his spirit into activity and liveliness, and this is how we learn to grow, live and walk in the spirit/I AM.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
In the Christian walk…….God awakens his spirit into activity and liveliness, and this is how we learn to grow, live and walk in the spirit/I AM.

Aknaton,

Thanks…..this has lifted the discussion….:)
Old 12-02-2022, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
In the Christian walk, we distinguish between the spirit and the soul and generally accept that the human being in his totality is devoid of truth. Based on my own learning, the "I AM" which you refer to is what we call 'the human spirit' and this is the part of us that is lifeless, save for those who have had it awakened by God. But this is not to say that any ordinary man cannot access they're spirit/I AM, but rather they will perceive it and as they go deeper, will find that its state is emptiness. A Christian does not need to humble his mind, rather, he needs to be reborn into a new (Adamic) consciousness that allows him to perceive and experience life through his human spirit as a base as compared to the flesh. God awakens his spirit into activity and liveliness, and this is how we learn to grow, live and walk in the spirit/I AM.
Humbleness is to let go of everything for Everything. Let go let God.