Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-02-2022, 12:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Could you personally ' Name ' that ' One ' religion please.? I see many different Religions who's actions/fruits would be pleasing to God....
The one that listens to Jesus first over errors.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiw1
The one that listens to Jesus first over errors.
Many people from different Religions fit into that category do they not.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes 34,000. Jesus is with 1
Jesus said ' For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them.' He didn't mention the name of any Religion.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
. The New world world translation is that bible.
But the NWT bible omitted many Verses contained in all other Bibles. There are also differences between the 2013 edition and the 1984 version of the NWT...... Not really 100% reliable, imo.
Old 04-02-2022, 03:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Jesus said ' For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them.' He didn't mention the name of any Religion.
Thats talking about the real Jesus. There are 3 different ones being taught on earth.
Old 04-02-2022, 03:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
But the NWT bible omitted many Verses contained in all other Bibles. There are also differences between the 2013 edition and the 1984 version of the NWT...... Not really 100% reliable, imo.
They found more corrections, and try to make it easy to understand.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

A lot of translations have corrected errors and removed scriptures that should not be there. Look at all the variations there have been to the King James Bible. The first 'edition' of the King James Bible had 2 variations, not a big deal.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-02-2022, 04:44 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

Sky,

You and I have both quoted this scripture in the past….John 5:39….”You diligently study the Scripture because you think by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.” Also….”must be worshipped in spirit and in truth”….

The only way to worship in Spirit is to be spiritual and that is what gives the real truth. No one becomes spiritual by reading any particular translation of the Bible. There is no course that one can take and become spiritual. Receiving the Spirit comes by the grace of God….there is no other way. The Bible is a tremendous aid……but the Spirit of God is available to all people….Bible or not. Does anyone believe that indigenous people have no access to the Spirit ? As far as grace is concerned……James 4:6…”God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”….it is hard for me to see the humility of those that are judgmental and profess to know everything. Unlikely candidates for grace. I thought to myself the other day that the way to get noticed by others is to misspell a word but the way to be noticed by God is to bow your head…..:)

Actually IMO the many translations of the Bible, even paraphrased versions, is a good thing. The discrepancies gain our attention and encourage us to really think about it…..much like koans and the parables. It is in this time of need that God can be standing by…..His aid can come in various ways but your humility can be seen.

Another thing to ponder: If thought is the creative process to what extent do we create our own heavens or hells ? Our wrathful God or loving God ? For example if we believe heaven to be a place of complete happiness but believe in a wrathful God how happy can we be to see if we look down into hell and see many of or loved ones ? Enough for now…. )😊
Old 04-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

Another thing to ponder: If thought is the creative process to what extent do we create our own heavens or hells ? Our wrathful God or loving God ? For example if we believe heaven to be a place of complete happiness but believe in a wrathful God how happy can we be to see if we look down into hell and see many of or loved ones ? Enough for now…. )😊

With our thoughts we do create our reality....
Old 04-02-2022, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
They found more corrections, and try to make it easy to understand.
But they 'Ommited' verses and I'm sure it wasn't done to make it easier to understand. People have been understanding very well way before Mr Russell walked the earth....