Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-01-2022, 05:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm loving all this talk of the Holy Spirit.

Tell me, Miss Hepburn, what do you think, is the Holy Spirit selective as a Christian spirit, one within the trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Or does she? move in all places...in all times, in anyone?

The Holy Spirit descended upon us at Pentecost, and here we are...
Old 27-01-2022, 12:47 PM
kjw47

Neither Enoch or Elijah went to Gods dwelling place-Heaven. John 3:13
Elijah wrote a letter to the king 10 years after the chariot event- 2Chronicles 21:12-15

If one notices Genesis 1:1-God created the heavens-- with an s--
1) our atmosphere
2) outer space
3) Gods dwelling place-- all referred to as heaven-- thus in light of John 3:13--- only those in darkness teach that Elijah and Enoch went to Gods dwelling place.
Old 27-01-2022, 01:33 PM
Master
QUOTE 10 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Father Son and Holy Spirit, we know this as the trinity. But are they equals?
Mind-body and soul, this is interesting theological, need to look at it again.
The Hindus also have a Trinity quite similar to the "Father Son and Holy Spirit" Trinity. What is your understanding of this Trinity?

Also, what is your understanding of the "Mind-body and soul" trinity?
Old 27-01-2022, 03:55 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 10 EXCERPT: Also, what is your understanding of the "Mind-body and soul" trinity?
Still Waters,

This particular thing has bothered me for a long time. It has to do with the constitution of man…..tri-partite vs. bi-partite. Biblically and traditionally man was constituted of body, soul and spirit. Then the Church decided in one of the Councils of Constantinople…..either 867 or 869 ?…..that man was bi-partite….body and soul. The understanding essentially became that soul and spirit were synonymous…….removing some of the uniqueness of Spirit. Hebrews 4:12 speaks of the word of God being sharper than a double-edged sword that can “divide soul and spirit”. This undoubtedly had long term effects on points of emphasis and understanding.
Old 27-01-2022, 05:29 PM
Molearner

FYI canon 11 Council of Constantinople 869 rejected the tripartite concept
Old 27-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
FYI canon 11 Council of Constantinople 869 rejected the tripartite concept

This distinction is significant in understanding the scriptures. Failure to understand this, among other things, has allowed the promulgation and acceptance of the doctrine of original sin.
Old 28-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
This distinction is significant in understanding the scriptures. Failure to understand this, among other things, has allowed the promulgation and acceptance of the doctrine of original sin.
I find myself paying less and less attention to theologians ... especially western theologians and their "doctrine of original sin". The doctrine of original sin is strictly a western concept and is NOT accepted in the Eastern Christian Churches. Here is a good video on how the doctrine of original sin evolved via the western theologians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgcnhI1K2Nw
Old 28-01-2022, 02:32 PM
Master
QUOTE 14 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Biblically and traditionally man was constituted of body, soul and spirit. Then the Church decided …..that man was bi-partite….body and soul. The understanding essentially became that soul and spirit were synonymous…….removing some of the uniqueness of Spirit.
Unfortunately, words cannot adequately describe the nature of man who is "made in the image of God". Hence, theologians and intellectuals quibble over the choice of words and only end up confusing everyone.

In Hinduism, there are the pancha koshas (the five bodies/sheaths of man with the "soul" being beyond all five). That is their way of describing the nature of man. There are many different ways in the various traditions to describe the nature of man and none of them are really adequate.

I always refer questioners to Psalm 46:10 ("Be still and KNOW that I AM God.") Instead of simply reading the words of theologians and councils which often contradict each other, it seems best to BE STILL and KNOW.
Old 28-01-2022, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
... theologians and intellectuals quibble over
the choice of words and only end up confusing everyone.
BE STILL and KNOW.
Stop talking like me!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2022, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Tell me, Miss Hepburn, what do you think, is the Holy Spirit selective as a Christian spirit, one within the trinity.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
I had experiences of the Holy Spirit long before any Christian input, if that helps. Called them God, tho; God experiences,
Divine experiences...or being shown Reality...since 8 yrs old.
I don't dabble in conversations re the Trinity anymore online.
I'm no scholar and I don't care what anyone believes about it, sorry.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru