Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-01-2022, 08:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I am under the impression that both the 'Old' and 'New' Testaments were directed to God's People and then secondarily, to all of mankind.

The Beautitude I mentioned was the third one which reads: "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." I was under the impression that most people do not believe that.

BigJohn,

And I was under the impression that the Jews were the people of God in the OT and that the NT was for Jews and Gentiles(all that were not Jews).

In regards to ‘blessed are the meek’ popular opinion does not verify truth. A mantra of sorts for me is Mark 9:24….”Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief”. This is saying that one has total faith but needs help in understanding wisdom and truth. It speaks directly to me…..I accept the truth of the Bible but cannot claim to understand it fully. Faith is a gift of grace from God. Hebrews 11:1….”Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do nor see”. No one can become a Christian if he insists on agreeing with every scripture. There is a difference between those who seek to discredit and those who seek to understand it. “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”…..if one humbles himself by pleading ‘help my unbelief’ he becomes eligible for the grace of God.

It is best to forget some of the connotations of ‘meek’. In this verse it can be understood as one who is without anger. surprisingly, the ‘meek’(those without anger) can be the most courageous of people…..carrying no resentment of others leads to not being afraid of anyone. Think of holy men, gurus, etc……it is difficult to imagine them as living in fear.
Old 16-01-2022, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
The word 'Mourning' has various usages, we can mourn over our own sins/mistakes which make some feel separated from God. As I said in a previous Post, Mourning leads to Repentance which leads to inner Comfort.
Repent and your 'Sins' will be forgiven.

I like this and have experienced it in my life. Thanks..
Old 16-01-2022, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,
And I was under the impression that the Jews were the people of God in the OT and that the NT was for Jews and Gentiles(all that were not Jews).
In regards to ‘blessed are the meek’ popular opinion does not verify truth. A mantra of sorts for me is Mark 9:24….”Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief”.
Also very true to my views, we must humble ourselves before God's Holy Wisdom. In other words let the Holy Spirit move through us, and not spend too much time trying to prove what we think, although we have a view and the good holy books to help guide us. In other words, silence is a great teacher too.

That universal wisdom, it's there.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-01-2022 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 16-01-2022, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
''Attachments'', ''clinging to life'', ''unending mourning'' etc. reveal where you are coming from. There is a lack of recognition for complexity there. Why judge people that mourn?
Backstepping a bit, mourning is healthy, and healing! There is judgment in this biblical view on mourning, we go astray.. and it's not hocus pocus, rather pointing to the inner workings of the heart and God's forgiveness.

John the Baptist baptized with water and said, Repent, and sin no more. Many thought he was the new messiah..

Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit by God, through John, as God willed, what a mystery that one. Jesus said the same thing to many people, go sin no more, however knowing we will, again and again, the point is to awaken to the process of Holyness.

Matthew 3:13-17
New International Version
The Baptism of Jesus
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Hence, blessed are those who mourn.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-01-2022 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 16-01-2022, 04:43 AM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT And I was under the impression that the Jews were the people of God in the OT and that the NT was for Jews and Gentiles(all that were not Jews).
Who were God's people before the Jews?
Where Adam and Eve...... Jews?

Why in the Law, where there provisions for non-Israelites?

As for ‘blessed are the meek’: I was looking at the (b) part which speaks that they will inherit the Earth.
I suspect many will argue that is not true.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-01-2022, 05:02 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

As for ‘blessed are the meek’: I was looking at the (b) part which speaks that they will inherit the Earth. I suspect many will argue that is not true.

BigJohn,

I suspect that many people will not attempt to understand it. It is a futile exercise to engage with skeptics…closed minds are their source of pride…:)
Old 16-01-2022, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Altair,

The Bible says precisely the same thing: Blessed are they that mourn. ‘Blessed’ by definition implies healthy, good, etc. It is good that you understand that it is a process rather than something with no ending.

But the time of that process and how someone deals with it is very personal.

I wouldn't call mourning a 'blessing' but more a natural response.
Old 16-01-2022, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
I like this and have experienced it in my life. Thanks..

Blessed can be seen as being ' Fortunate ' enough to be able to mourne and repent which obviously brings inner comfort.....
Old 16-01-2022, 02:02 PM
Molearner

Hahaha…..I am seeing a lot of resistance to all of this. Maybe we should consider something completely different ?

Cursed are those who mourn for they shall be tormented ?…….:)
Old 16-01-2022, 03:18 PM
Quote:
...closed minds are their source of pride…:)
Did you just make that up- it is very right on. I never thought about it that way.

And please rem everyone, 2-3 sentences when quoting others here...a-hem, Nowayout!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru