Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Master
Does a doctor need to have a bad heart to fix patents with a bad heart ?.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Maybe. I don't know, that's a good question. Are psychiatrists mentally ill? Maybe they need to be to relate to their clients.
Anybody who thinks that normal people are sane is definitely mentally ill.

This is my answer to slice's preceding post. A healthy heart is an objective and observable quantity. The problem with psychology is that they know that we are all messed up and in what way we are messed up, and in general do nothing to get a person on a real healthy footing. They follow Freud's maxim "The best we can hope for is to return people to the normal state of unhappiness."
Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Anybody who thinks that normal people are sane is definitely mentally ill.

This is my answer to slice's preceding post. A healthy heart is an objective and observable quantity. The problem with psychology is that they know that we are all messed up and in what way we are messed up, and in general do nothing to get a person on a real healthy footing. They follow Freud's maxim "The best we can hope for is to return people to the normal state of unhappiness."
Well isn't most people in the state of unhappiness, hence the search by many to find true happiness, even the psychologist are in the state of unhappiness so they know no better.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well isn't most people in the state of unhappiness, hence the search by many to find true happiness, even the psychologist are in the state of unhappiness so they know no better.

That's the bulk of the problem. We can chase our tails through an entire life seeking happiness as if it is not only our God given right but the Holy Grail. Is life really just about being happy or is about being.......everything!!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
That's the bulk of the problem. We can chase our tails through an entire life seeking happiness as if it is not only our God given right but the Holy Grail. Is life really just about being happy or is about being.......everything!!!!
Yea, I think its just being you, not trying to be anything else, for me life is enough, happiness is just the back ground that I don't even notice until someone ask me, why are you happy lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Yea, I think its just being you, not trying to be anything else, for me life is enough, happiness is just the back ground that I don't even notice until someone ask me, why are you happy lol.

I stopped really searching for a particular favourite state some time back. It became about acceptance. If there is happiness, well and good. If there is anger or grief, well that is OK as well. I found that all states are transitory anyway. Heck, if you spend a few decades on this rock in this meatsuit, you are prone to find that out anyway. So the thing is : what do you do when you stop seeking? Well, that is the bit I find difficult to put into words.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I stopped really searching for a particular favourite state some time back. It became about acceptance. If there is happiness, well and good. If there is anger or grief, well that is OK as well. I found that all states are transitory anyway. Heck, if you spend a few decades on this rock in this meatsuit, you are prone to find that out anyway. So the thing is : what do you do when you stop seeking? Well, that is the bit I find difficult to put into words.
What do you do when you stop seeking ?.....well you just simply live your life, that's why were here to live.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Rin

Quote:
Happy is ,,, being relaxed, being open to new impressions. Both are essential ingredients to cope with life better.
Happy enhances life, nurtures it, expands it. A state of happiness is far superior and preferable to one of unhappiness.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Happy is ,,, being relaxed, being open to new impressions. Both are essential ingredients to cope with life better.
Happy enhances life, nurtures it, expands it. A state of happiness is far superior and preferable to one of unhappiness.
I'd say I prefer happiness than misery for sure. But that was not the point of my post.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 AM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Does a doctor need to have a bad heart to fix patients with a bad heart ?.
That is a better example than the one I gave!