Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2023, 08:48 PM
Newbie ;)

It is one in a million, but it is possible. Anything and Everything is possible.
Not of the practical point of view, but I feel it still exists. And if you knew him before he became famous, there was a "foot in the door."

Why don't you outright get in contact? What do you have to lose?

Old 01-07-2023, 04:28 AM
Master
"My Celebrity Soulmate" is of my out of my league, He is from Georgia and I'm from Wisconsin. there are Zero chances of me ever being in proximity of him.
Old 01-07-2023, 11:35 AM
Master
So what about the other side of the story, which is illusionary?
I always feel for the celebrities, and certainly their partners, for having to live with tens of thousands of fans thinking they're are the right one for the celeb.
In many cases ending up with stalkers that are convinced they're in a relationship with the respective celebrity of their delusion, even entering their homes.

I think of this stuff whenever I listen to -and watch- Peter Gabriel's Secret Live gig, which is often.
All these girls & women screaming "PETER!!!" will likely think they're special to Peter, possibly imagine they've got a 'thing' going with him, or wanting to simply have sex with him, hoping & thinking more will come of it.
It was like that everywhere they had their gig, new girls & women thinking they were special to Peter.
All thinking they know him.
Must be so annoying in a way as he is there to sing and perform, to entertain, NOT to find himself a partner. He's not on stage thinking it's a dating site.

I think for a celebrity is great to have fans, but the extent many go to is way too much. It'd drive me up the wall and some celebs have quit what they were doing and loved because of it. Living a normal life is made impossible by fans.
They think they know the celeb yet all they know is the image. In case of an actor the roles they played, or a specific one, which is not who the actor is. That's why it's called "acting".

As an example, I always like the Stonebridge character from "Strike Back". A lot. But then you got to be mature enough to realise it's a character you like, thought up by someone and only brought to life by an actor.
Heck, he doesn't even speak with an English accent in real life! Whenever I hear him in another series/movie speaking in AmE he's immediately not attractive to me anymore, hihi.
Now if I was different/younger/not had a life of my own/whatever I could come to believe he was my soulmate. Which would be utterly nuts as my adoration is for a fictive character, not the real man. I don't even know the man and never will. And to be honest, don't want to as he isn't that Stonebridge character!

I think it's very easy to get lost in such things to the point of obsession and then it's maladaptive and can and likely will ruin your real (love) life.

I wonder if this is mostly a thing that happens to females? Maybe because we are wired to seek for an Alpha male and a celeb could easily be interpreted by our subconscious as such?

Do I think it is possible? Sure. But I think the chances are the same as the moon suddenly becoming our sun.
In 99,99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999% of the cases it won't be someone's SM let alone TF but a figment of their imagination.

My thoughts...
Old 15-08-2023, 04:51 AM
Master
Even if they were not in the lime light they still would not be my "Soulmate" . Famous people are just regular folks too No overused magical term or divine intervention is going to change anything.
Old 15-08-2023, 04:52 AM
Master
I don't have a celebrity soulmate it is not realistic
Old 17-08-2023, 01:13 AM
Master

realism can be a bit overrated, but, on the other hand all the celebrities who seem like they would be possibilities seem happily paired... it gets tiresome having to wistfully dream about people who clearly don't want me as if something could happen...

and I still think it would be a bit much to have to deal with that kind of life on tope of everything else...
Old 26-08-2023, 10:31 PM
Master
There are 3 types of Parasocial Relaitonships:

Entertainment-social relationships mean that fans are attracted to a certain celebrity because they are entertained, and the celebrity is a source of social interaction and gossip among their peers.

Interpersonal relationship, or celebrity worship. It reflects the intensive and compulsive feelings about the celebrity, even bordering on obsessive. For example, a fan in an intense-personal parasocial relationship might consider the celebrity as their soulmate.

Borderline-Pathological parasocial relationship. This level of intensity is evident in ‘stalker fans’. It is characterized by uncontrollable behaviors and fantasies about their celebrities, many times bordering on delusion. For example, a fan in such a relationship might say, “If I walked through the door of my favorite celebrity’s house, they would be happy to see me.”

I know that I'm the 2nd parasocial type Interpersonal .
Old 27-08-2023, 02:48 AM
Master

for me a celebrity is another person, like anyone else. They just have high visibility in the world... Not really to be put on a pedestal though... the idea that one might like me was an oddity more than anything.

Between the problems with actually being with a celebrity and my other problems with believing in stuff that can never happen I've been lately thinking in terms a more mundane and less visible life though lol...

actually ... and it occurs to me I might have thought of this before but didn't act on it very well lol... I'm thinking BEING a celebrity like I have been in other lives is a bit much too, maybe a mundane 'normal' life is more to my liking. On the theory there aren't so many people who will decide they want to mess with who I am if I don't have something they want.
Old 27-08-2023, 04:57 AM
Master
Maybe not in this life but a Alternate world , I would have liked to have grown up with musican/artist Prince Rogers Nelson (R.I.P. 1958-2016) in Minneapolis Minnesota .
(the 70's is my personal favorite era).
Old 27-08-2023, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleFlower2

Plus, it might not be impossible for us to meet since we're both in the entertainment industry now. So, again, why is it impossible for your soulmate to be a celebrity? Why is it so unlikely?

Anything’s possible in relation to your focus, awareness and beliefs..

There are people in the world who are more kindred than others. I don’t say they are soul mates, more that I’m aware they exist.

In the end it feeds you in the knowing there is familiarity, commonality and kindred connections in the world in the ways you wish to see and view them.

What does it mean?

It means you’re noticing sameness.

But you can’t forget differences in relation to soul either can you? It’s just one feels different to the other and if you wish to grow through both, you’ll find yourself in there..