Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 17-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Administrator
Open Sharing of Life Lessons from 33 Years

Hello

Many of you know that I have just recently stepped out of a long term relationship of 33 years. To move into my own home with my three kids. In reflection I know well it was the right time and the right path to do so. While many say that I could have made the move sooner, I know well that the lessons along life's paths would not have yet been learned.

I would never condone that anyone stays in an abusive relationship, that anyone stays in harms way. Mine was not that way it was EGO controlled and EGO driven on the ex's side of life. In meeting him at 18 and being the only man I ever dated, I knew not what the path would be. I knew not what an alcoholic was nor a drug addiction. I remember when I was told "run" by a parole officer that realized how very naive I was in life's path, but run I did not. Learn and grow is what I did, to become whom I am today.

That shy and inward 18 year old was on a path to grow up and to experience what the World had to offer up to me. To go into the darkest bowels of what one's would call "H" and see where man can land from addictions. To work with an outreach program and hotline. To grow into the Psychic and Medium aspects that I am.

The path of 33 years gave me much in personal growth and 3 wonderful kids, that are so happy to be in our new home. For them to even be is something that is not understood. I could have no children nor could the mate yet we have three. They are teens and at that age where breaking free was the right path, but too at the age where they can see the lessons of the darker side of life and avoid those pitfalls. (we hope ) . To see what the drink does first hand, what smoking does first hand. To know what LOVe is as I too have found that with someone.

33 Years seems like a lifetime and truly it was. Looking at it I see that it was never really great and there never really was LOVe there more that sense of duty I was raised with that one gave one's body to one man til death parted one from them. I know now that is not reality and that is a prison sadly too many woman lived or do still live.

LOVe it sees was meant to find me and a member of SF. We met in the Chat Room.....some 7 years ago now. It was a natural progression to find the other in a deeper level than friendship. Then it took a huge leap of faith for me to trust in being strong enough to break free.

For those being both woman and men out there that are stuck in that place of just existing in a relationship know that if one has the trust in the Universe once can break free. While its harder to be single for a bit and balance the money it is the best of the best for me and the kids. I look 10 years younger in a week and a half. All the stress has melted away.

So whom else has found that inner power, as that is what it truly is to break free from the control of EGO from a mate they have or had.

We see abuse as a fist to the face at times but man it comes in so many other forms we seem to put up with. Yet we should not put up with it ever.

Lynn
Old 17-11-2014, 04:47 AM
Ascender
Hi Lynn

May your new life, home and love be ever long. It's lovely to see the freedom with which you express your joy and a well deserved new lease on life.

All the best

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 17-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Master
That sounds good, Lynn. Not the easiest change to make, but a courageous move on your part. Bless.
Old 17-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Dead Crow experience

I salute your bravery for your personal progression

curious to see that every time you spelled "love" you capitalized LOV.
Old 17-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Ivy

It's good to hear that you've found your way out of a relationship in which one wants to dominate, they are never healthy - and yet, as you have done, those times can be used to develop ourselves.

I don't think anyone else's story is needed here, your story is inspiration enough x
Old 19-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Experiencer

I really needed to see this today as I've been very stuck in a relationship with a very exploitive but very charming person and last night decided to end all contact. It is very hard to start anew and give up one's dreams for that relationship but your experience proves that there is amazing lightness and joy on the other side.
Old 19-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Administrator
Hello

That is what I hope to inspire is that we can move forwards. That we can break away and open our heart to let that Light in.

For me I think the life path was just that a life path of growth. I had personal dreams but went so day to day in the relationship routine. We can all fall into this place at times its that comfort zone, that place of two incomes one home.

What we truly need to clearly see is that while we seek that partnership we too are individuals on a Spiritual Path. I have to feel that we have at times we enter a relationship to grow the Soul that we have. To maybe change the path of the wrong directions that if we look at the family line there has been.

In not looking for someone I was given someone in him not looking for someone he found someone. At that cliffs edge in England before we even met, we re connected where in a past life we both died. The Universe guided us on this path. The end of the one part of life's path opens us to a new life path if we are willing to open that door to dream bigger and see farther. We too many times get stuck in that tunnel.

My hope is to break those paths so that we can grow. This is both for men and woman out there in this place of being stuck.

I now have the next challenge to face getting mine here from England to be his wife, for my kids to have a role model for them that can show that LOVe.

I do feel for the mate that I had, that his Soul finds its path in life. For him the hardest thing to give up was "control" he honestly thought he held that over me and the kids. I was stronger is all in the end.

Lynn
Old 30-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Hello

As the journey moves forwards we often get lost in the mix. People coming at you from this direction and that direction and you are in the middle. How many out here can relate to this in the "wedding planning" space of being ?

This is where I am at right now. While I am blessed not to have the "family" dynamics out there to deal with where its 'done this way' I am feeling that pull to stand my ground. I want a simple wedding without invites and the formal digs of a church. I am doing it at the spiritual centre I help run, on a Sunday at the regular meeting time. Whom ever is there is there with a simple Pot Luck afterwards.

I am leaving the cake in the hands of a friend will see it that day, want no flowers as I have so many allergies, theme is Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatters Tea Party.....so funky hats are welcome. Yet some feel that I need that traditional vail on my head...ICKY POTTY expressions !

The date I picked to some clashes with another even in town that will take some there, but at the time I had no clue of this event....so again I am asked to change my date. Hmmmm no.

Its a wonder that we do not all run away to wed.....

Share your family and friend dynamics of this special day so maybe I do not feel so alone and out there as I do right now.....

I am off to England April 2nd back April 10th wedding April 26th....yes I can do this....Breathe is the advice I get most. LOL

Lynn
Old 30-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Master
One of the most incredible life experiences I have discovered, is that some light can only be shown, when we are boxed in and see no way out.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

That is what I hope to inspire is that we can move forwards. That we can break away and open our heart to let that Light in.

Sounds good.

Quote:
For me I think the life path was just that a life path of growth. I had personal dreams but went so day to day in the relationship routine. We can all fall into this place at times its that comfort zone, that place of two incomes one home.

What we truly need to clearly see is that while we seek that partnership we too are individuals on a Spiritual Path. I have to feel that we have at times we enter a relationship to grow the Soul that we have. To maybe change the path of the wrong directions that if we look at the family line there has been.

In not looking for someone I was given someone in him not looking for someone he found someone. At that cliffs edge in England before we even met, we re connected where in a past life we both died. The Universe guided us on this path. The end of the one part of life's path opens us to a new life path if we are willing to open that door to dream bigger and see farther. We too many times get stuck in that tunnel.

My hope is to break those paths so that we can grow. This is both for men and woman out there in this place of being stuck.

I now have the next challenge to face getting mine here from England to be his wife, for my kids to have a role model for them that can show that LOVe.

I do feel for the mate that I had, that his Soul finds its path in life. For him the hardest thing to give up was "control" he honestly thought he held that over me and the kids. I was stronger is all in the end.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn,

One thing that's hard is leaning on the past in trying to find a future way, because we really only have what we know from the past in the sense of living and learning. Mostly we learn what doesn't work and try something new, and we don't really notice what does work because it doesn't jump up in our face. I wonder if we can move forward from here without knowings from the past, if we're going to be free of the conditioning we use to get by, which is free of the comfort zone. That most likely means some discomfort as there is some uncertainty when we don't lean on past crutches, and we don't go into the doors of the past where our possessed comforts are kept. Where our patterns of habit are. Then we can lay the old to rest for it's truly dead and find something really new and alive instead.