Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 08-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Nicole14

Is anyone good at dream interpretation?

Hello!
I usually go through periods of time where I don't remember my dreams at all, and then periods where I have night after night of vivid dreams that I remember very well. Right now is the time where I remember them very well, and I had one the other night that is REALLY bothering me because I feel like it means something but I have no idea what.

I had a dream that I was getting married. Keep in mind, I'm 18, just graduated high school, about to move to another town for college, and I've been single for over a year. It wasn't just that I was getting married though...in the dream, it was my wedding day. All of my friends from high school were there and they were all a part of my wedding: both the guys and the girls. I was also getting ready for the wedding, and it's like it suddenly hit me that I had NO IDEA who I was marrying. It was almost as if I had originally known, and then I suddenly forgot, but everyone around me knew! Of course, I was much to ashamed to ask anyone who I was marrying, because how does a bride not know who she's marrying?? It was giving me a lot of anxiety, not knowing, not remembering. I didn't even have the slightest clue. Right before I was about to get dressed for the wedding, I woke up, and I never found out who I was marrying.

Does anyone have any idea what this means? I just feel like is has to mean something, or it's some sort of message.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:55 AM
VisionQuest

Sometimes we get married young.

The dream indicates a potential coming up quite soon. It also indicates you have not met this person yet.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Wedding dreams are not necessarily about an actual marriage. It is about big change and making a commitment. You are soon off to college and with it deciding your future career that you will be wed to for the rest of your life. I think this dream is indicating you may have doubts about the direction you want to take. You initially were pretty committed to your career choice but now you are questioning it and it is making you nervous that you will make a wrong decision. Your friends all seem so assured of their direction but you are maybe feeling a bit lost about it. It's OK, you may change your mind and your direction as you go, a lot of people do but just start walking and if you sense you don't like the direction or see something more interesting along the way there is no reason you can't change course. You are in a very uncertain time leaving behind what you know for the unknown. There is bound to be some trepidation but it will be fine once you get your feet wet. This said, you can also take some time to think about your career choice and decide what course of action to take. Best of luck whatever road you choose.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Master

It could also represent getting in touch with a part of yourself (uniting), a part which you are currently unaware of.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
It could also represent getting in touch with a part of yourself (uniting), a part which you are currently unaware of.

Agree with this.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:31 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole14
Hello!

I had a dream that I was getting married. Keep in mind, I'm 18, just graduated high school, about to move to another town for college, and I've been single for over a year. It wasn't just that I was getting married though...in the dream, it was my wedding day. All of my friends from high school were there and they were all a part of my wedding: both the guys and the girls. I was also getting ready for the wedding, and it's like it suddenly hit me that I had NO IDEA who I was marrying. It was almost as if I had originally known, and then I suddenly forgot, but everyone around me knew! Of course, I was much to ashamed to ask anyone who I was marrying, because how does a bride not know who she's marrying?? It was giving me a lot of anxiety, not knowing, not remembering. I didn't even have the slightest clue. Right before I was about to get dressed for the wedding, I woke up, and I never found out who I was marrying.

Does anyone have any idea what this means? I just feel like is has to mean something, or it's some sort of message.
Hello, Nicole 14. Like other members have said, we don't always want to take our dreams literally - that is, seeing them as a literal meaning for us.

I like to write intense dreams down, then scan my writing for words that pop out or stand out to my eyes - those are the ones I zero in on. I also remember the intense feeling/emotion of the dream - that can hold clues too. You used one word: "anxiety".

What stands out for me is that you are 18, just out of school, and are in a situation that requires - yep - commitment and devotion. And all your friends are there. And you felt/feel anxiety over the dream.

Is there some anxiety you are feeling at this point in your life - some pressure from your circle of friends/family/peers that is trying to get you to commit to something that you aren't so sure about? (as in, you don't know "who" you are marrying in the dream = you don't know what exactly you are supposed to commit to at this point in your life.)

Remember that you have the final say and you are the one who decides whether you say "I do" - or not - to what is being "proposed" to you by your social circle. You don't have to make the commitment unless it feels like a "yes" for you.

Good luck with your exploration of this dream's guidance!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Yaoughta

Weddings represent commitment, unity and responsibility among others. You are moving away to attend college and taking on a more adult role and thus, much like a wedding it is a BIG day. It is a big event in your life and you have some anxiety as to whether you will like it or not or even be able to handle the responsibility of it all. It is like entering into a marriage with your future self.