Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 27-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Experiencer
How

How would I go about contacting my spirit guides?
How do I know when they are present?
Old 27-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Experiencer
When speaking to a guide or angel must you ask or speak aloud or can one simply think thoughts to yourself and have the same effect?
Old 27-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Pathfinder

I believe that thinking, and speaking have the same outcome.. For higher powers can hear your thoughts.. Although I think that speaking aloud may add for emphasis.. There are plenty of different methods people use to contact their guides. Meditation, Astral projection, certain spells or "calling" You can read about others methods on other threads people have posted! Goodluck :)
p.s most people usually know or can feel when their guides are present or trying to speak to them. Although in a sense I sort of feel they are always around!
Old 27-10-2014, 01:52 AM
Experiencer
Thanks for the reply, I'm still learning and am a very curious cat!
Old 31-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Raven Poet

Hey there, comicalcanary! Welcome to SF - love your user name by the way.

One key in making contact with our SG is to strengthen our silence practice. We humans tend to get so busy in busy-ness and noise and keeping our noses to the grindstone that we cut off the channels to our SGs.

In the world religions there are ceremonies which aim to slow us down, calm the mind and heart, and envelop us in silence ... when all these external distractions are removed, the channel is free and open for our SG to come to us.

And it doesn't have to be complicated. I have some of the best conversations with my SG and with Great Spirit when I am sitting outside in my quiet back yard, just being ... I get so quiet and calm that the connection is easy to plug into. Or even any repetitive movement, even washing the dishes. Your mind shuts off as you scrub and rinse and you drift into the "zone" ... and then voila, a remarkable message or thought or solution to a problem pops into my head.

And always say thank you. I think our SG appreciate our gratitude and it seems to strengthen the connection. Gratitude opens our heart and mind even more to the guidance we seek.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicalcanary
How would I go about contacting my spirit guides?
How do I know when they are present?

White Warrior's excellent topic is here:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=white+warrior