Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-06-2014, 01:42 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
With so much hate, crime, violence, NWO agendas and the list can go on and on.....I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the theory that we are all part of one collective consciousness.

Its hard for me to think people like Jeffrey Dahmer ,Charles Manson, the illuminati or Hitler are part of the whole.

Just can't grasp this angle of thinking.

I suppose I can see the viewpoint that source wishes to have experiences of all possibilities and knowledge of such....but, its also hard to accept.

Any insight would be appreciated

You cant think your way there that is why.

You really got to unravel yourself back to the point of nothing to understand everything really.
Old 15-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Master
I believe it was the Swiss psychological therapist and theorist Carl Jung who came up with a term similar to "collective consciousness". The idea has spread and probably been interpreted in a variety of ways.

Anyhow, Jung had been a co-worker and student of Sigmund Freud, and Freud had detected a personal subconscious mind, which he and his followers worked with in doing therapy with people. Jung felt that besides that, there is also a family subconscious, a national subconscious, a racial subconscious - and these are like currents running under our ordinary everyday conscious awareness. He also taught there was a collective subconscious (or unconscious) functioning underneath all of this.

The thing is that in any given individual at any point in time, the influences of these different factors can combine in different ways. So we get all sorts of variety among human beings. Not all of these humans are kind or humanitarian.

In his dialogues with spiritual teachers (such as D.T. Suzuki, the Zen scholar), it was suggested to Jung and other Western psychologists that beyond the collective human unconscious exists a "cosmic unconscious" - a cosmic intelligence that many people are either unaware of or only very occasionally aware of.
Old 23-06-2014, 01:51 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
With so much hate, crime, violence, NWO agendas and the list can go on and on.....I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the theory that we are all part of one collective consciousness.

Its hard for me to think people like Jeffrey Dahmer ,Charles Manson, the illuminati or Hitler are part of the whole.

Just can't grasp this angle of thinking.

I suppose I can see the viewpoint that source wishes to have experiences of all possibilities and knowledge of such....but, its also hard to accept.

Any insight would be appreciated

Well, it's not that the Source WISHES to experience all. It's more like it just DOES. It was designed to do it (so to speak). It's how it exists. It's what it does. It's like air. It doesn't wish to help us humans to breathe. It just does because that's what it does.

LIFE is about seeking the best solution. I guess it's hard to explain what I meant by that exactly. But LIFE and everything in it exists by growing.

Everything on Earth grows, right? The flower grows from the seed. The adult grows from the seed/baby. The planet Earth starts off with something and grows into what it is now.

Everything in life grows. It's just the way it exists.

The spirits told me that humans are all good. I know it's hard to understand. But it's like humans are the seeds which will grow into flowers. When you look at the seed and it looks ugly (nothing like the flower into which it will grow), you will still lovingly handle the seed because you know that it's really the flower (or it will become the flower). But the essence of the flower is in the seed.

The same thing with babies. Babies are disobedient and they cause messes and trouble. And yet parents don't see them as bad and send them to jail. Parents see them as adorable. They expect them to grow and to change. The bad behavior is expected of the babies.

Humans are like the seeds which will eventually grow into flowers. So they are perceived as flowers to begin with (by those who know that these humans will grow into flowers).

Humans are like unruly babies which will eventually grow into mature and good adults. So those who observe them adore them. (afterall, when adults see babies fight with each other, they don't say: you're bad, you're disgusting and ugly. They just distance the babies because they know that the babies simply did not learn NOT to fight.

So the bad exists because life is designed with a growth factor in mind. Things start from the seed and eventually become the flower.

The bad people are the future beautiful flowers. It's the law of the universe. It's how life is seeded and becomes something good.

Plus, reincarnation exists because people can't magically become good. They have to GROW INTO GOOD. They have to grow. And as such, they will experience growing pains. It's inevitable. People don't just cross over and became good. They continue growing and learning and changing.
Old 23-06-2014, 01:53 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
You cant think your way there that is why.

You really got to unravel yourself back to the point of nothing to understand everything really.

I am not sure if you know this, but to others (to those who read this), this sounds like a meaningless statement. You probably have some point, but it can't be seen through this particular statement.

When you say "unravel yourself to the point of nothing" it's like saying: alj;ldkaj;fkljdalk;fjasdjfl;kdsajf;lksadj;fjsd.

So you'll have to find a different way to explain your idea.
Old 23-06-2014, 02:02 PM
elisi

we are all connected. the native americans believe separateness is an illusion.

it's all about balance.
Old 23-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Master
My own internal definition of the ideas of Collective Conscious, is more than just the fact that its a massive spiraling entity connected to a singular more powerful conscious - its also the fact that our minds and bodies can operate on levels of consciousness through our own internal and external energy bodies. Essentially, it means we are more than just the left and right brain, or that same personality we feel throughout life - that we are a collection of energies and thought-forms and of course universal creativity. It goes both ways of course.
Old 23-06-2014, 03:05 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
I am not sure if you know this, but to others (to those who read this), this sounds like a meaningless statement. You probably have some point, but it can't be seen through this particular statement.

When you say "unravel yourself to the point of nothing" it's like saying: alj;ldkaj;fkljdalk;fjasdjfl;kdsajf;lksadj;fjsd.

So you'll have to find a different way to explain your idea.

For you it may sound meaningless.
So perhaps you are asking for some deeper meaning yourself?

I wonder who your speaking for?
Old 23-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Guide
Quote:
I'm going to pop in, and say that this statement to me, is personally deep and profound. I found it really uplifting, and so much power behind it.
Thank you for sharing, it has a very deep meaning to me.
Old 23-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Master
i don't suppose universal mind has rules on how it should play out. "Good" will prevail, i imagine, its in the the fabric of matter isn't it? certainly the universe seems more full of beauty than pain.. perhaps mans faults are his own making & not part of some divine plan? they might be looking on and going what the hecks going on? I feel i see traces of higher beings at work in common culture, for the good. But if they hold our hands, if they exist that is, we remain children. not in the sense of innocence but in the sense unable to support ourselves. ive recently been getting the feeling that consciousness itself is common to all. the body just makes its version of it. every morning you wake you are already part of universal consciousness. that connection is strong at birth and slowly becomes the same as the rest of societies, disconnected by poor health and psycholgical ideas and concepts.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 23-06-2014, 07:09 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
For you it may sound meaningless.
So perhaps you are asking for some deeper meaning yourself?

I wonder who your speaking for?

Someone else claims to have understood. But it's only because they must have more information. Because a statement itself means nothing. But if a person knows the explanation behind it, then they would get the meaning. Or maybe it means to them completely something else than was intended. I was just saying that deep and profound statements won't be understood unless they have an explanation attached. Unless you don't care if people understand it of course.