Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Zach'riel

Clearing the mind

Needs help or tips on clearing the mind...

My sister watched the movie Grave Encounters and I've been curious and watched it, another reason was to try if I can handle seeing "spirits" now (haven't watched scary movie for more than a year now). I've been told that I was a clairvoyant and was thinking that I'm also a clairsentient, I've read that if fully developed you can see spirit and auras (for clairvoyant) and feel their energy for (clairsentience).

It's been almost a day and a half now and I can still see the face of the "spirit" on the ceiling and the one who attacked the main character... Luckily I didn't look on the girl or I will also see her when I close my eyes. I've been thinking about something else but it will always come back whenever I close my eyes, can't even meditate now because I will see it over and over again.

In the past whenever I watched I scary movie I always get nightmares about the movie and I was in it. Like on the Blaire Witch... I've dreamt that I was in the house on the last scene... I've even seen "her" (the one killing) before I run and she chased me. Lucky I haven't got a dream on this movie. Same with picture, whenever I see a pic of spirit it always sticks in my mind. Reading was somewhat ok, I can visualize them but it doesn't stick.
Old 27-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Lisa

Hi Zach'riel,

A tip. Don't watch anymore scary movies.
Old 28-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Zach'riel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Hi Zach'riel,

A tip. Don't watch anymore scary movies.

Thanks
Old 28-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Greenslade

Hi Zach'riel

Everything happens for a reason, and often the trick is to look behind the mask. What you see in front of you is a mask for the reasons behind it. The mask here is the perceived reality of the movie that your mind goes into when you're watching that scary movie. You get sucked into it for the duration you're watching and often it can become difficult for your mind to let go of it. It's a movie, it's contrived. Again, look behind the mask of the movie. What's behind the camera? There's a guy operating it, pointing it to the actors who are going through a script and a director making sure everybody does it the way he thinks it's supposed to be done.

See it for what it is, tell your mind to go that little bit further. And remember it for future reference.
Old 28-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Maiya

I have found that spiritual people are quite sensitive and should therefore be quite selective in what they read, watch, and even believe.

Clearing the mind is possible and it consists of thinking more about what you want and less about what you don’t want.

If something is really bothering you there is a DVD called Letting Go. It’s a good place to start when having a mental tidy.
Old 28-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Zach'riel

Thanks Greenslade and Maiya, will do what you both said