Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-10-2012, 09:58 PM
coolchic101

Ex-Lovers/Ex-Spouses On the Other Side

Interesting question. Let's say you are divorced and you don't like your ex. Do you have to see them once you're both on the Other Side? I mean it wouldn't be Heaven if you bump into your ex right? LOL

Another scenario. Let's say you passed away first and your widowed spouse remarries, would you get jealous in Heaven that someone has taken your place?

I understand we will not be able to know this until we're actually "there". What are your thoughts?
Old 18-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Henri77

Would you both be in "heaven" if you still carried a grudge-and couldn't forgive,

My ex tried to fix me up with a lover more than once, after she "left"
Also her father acted as a guide of sorts to 2nd wife & myself.

We referred to him as "Uncle Charlie" as we both sensed his presence on occasion.

But who can say ,really. Who one will meet in the afterlife....

I tend to believe we re-encounter those we've had significant interactions with, based on what some have reported-written.
Old 18-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
Interesting question. Let's say you are divorced and you don't like your ex. Do you have to see them once you're both on the Other Side? I mean it wouldn't be Heaven if you bump into your ex right? LOL

Interesting question, what are the chances though, with all the souls on the Other Side, that you would meet up with an ex ? When you think about all the ones who have gone before, from the beginning of time ~ I am thinking it is going to be a bit crowded

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-10-2012, 06:18 AM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Interesting question, what are the chances though, with all the souls on the Other Side, that you would meet up with an ex ? When you think about all the ones who have gone before, from the beginning of time ~ I am thinking it is going to be a bit crowded

I have heard that only like minded souls would gravitate towards each other. So I assume that if you still have issues with your ex and vice versa, then you won't be gravitating towards them anytime soon :P

Another opinion I've heard. You can block out people you don't want to see. They may see you but you won't see them. I like this one too.

Only 1 of my ex's, I wouldn't mind seeing on the Other Side. We've already resolved our karma in this lifetime so we are cool. I think we've shared about 1-2 other past lives together. For the rest of my ex's, well they can all go to (fill in the blank LOL).
Old 18-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting thoughts about like minded souls gravitating towards one another, nice idea.

Quote:
Another opinion I've heard. You can block out people you don't want to see. They may see you but you won't see them. I like this one too.

kind of like an ignore button on the Other Side

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Henri77

I think many of us underestimate our capacity for compassion-love and ability to forgive once we leave earth.

Also who can say what we may have done to them in another life.

In a film when many folks underwent regression hypnosis, many who died in Nazi camps expressed compassion for their captors ,and forgave them when in the between life.

This film, Flipside documents this and is pretty enlightening how entangled our relationships can be over lifetimes. (Amazon streams- rents it)

I have no direct experience, but many have investigated such things through regression hypnosis.
Old 18-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Pinkroses

I don't think we meet up with anyone that we don't really want to see. I believe that just as on Earth, we have choices of who we want to spend time with. I also believe that there is no jealousy on the other side. Our exes want us to be happy and enjoy life.
Old 18-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Henri77

I feel it's a certainly we will meet all those we've had significant interactions with, simply to face them in that circumstance,,as the price of admission.....,but it seems unlikely we'll have any reason to 'hang out" beyond that unless both are assigned the same level..... and have resolved any differences

This is what the life review process seems to be.......to see the truth behind our interactions ....

While we create our reality, we don't create the rules to be there ... any more than we create the rules of college admission.
Heaven is more than a playground, it's also about facing the truth about ourselves, and learning the truth behind our our life experiences.

It's an interesting topic, yet many HAVE researched this by astrally visiting the afterlife or interviewing this who remember through hypnosis.

One can learn a lot from those who've really investigated it.
Old 18-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Henri77

This man has visited the afterlife extensively and has lots to share.

http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M...ter_death.html
Old 21-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101

I understand we will not be able to know this until we're actually "there". What are your thoughts?

Another scenario. Let's say you passed away first and your widowed spouse remarries, would you get jealous in Heaven that someone has taken your place?

It would be like here. You can see people or not see people.

It is possible that the person who has passed over, could meet someone.
I think we are meant to get on with our lives and best as we can. I cannot say if I would get jealous as I am not in that position. I think I would be happy for that person that he found happiness. I would not like that person to remain in grief.