Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Deactivated Account

If we identify with certain ideas, they create an experience of now and an experience of myself. For example, an idea I am a person on this journey in linear time. Obviously we are moving now to now to now, so a journey is imagined BUT it is always only now. Now in this now, we imagine we are on a psychological journey. Like I am not the same today I was yesterday. BUT what if we are? What if under these constantly changing states and their congruent experiences, which are wholly dependent on what I am identifying with (which is not me) in any given moment, what if under this content we are creating and identifying with, is this unchanging me? Then there is a part of me that is not only not changing, it can't change. Well it's not a part is it... it is me! It is the witness itself. The idea of changing (and of me as a part) and of me too, are IDEAs! It is content I am creating by adding an idea to now. And like I said, ideas present in the now create an experience and a state of me.

So jumping off the diving board into the deep end now, which actually turns out to be quite shallow on on the surface and obvious, if the above is true, becoming is a myth, a delusion, a fantasy. There is only now, and an experience of now, that includes all of these ideas, (or not) that make it and MYSELF into something. Not actually of course, as it is ALL an imagined creation that unfortunately becomes all too real as ideas are projected outward through the physical body into physical space. Take away the ideas then what is left? And don't imagine it! It's not hard. Be here now without an idea. See for oneself. Just do it for a minute. So then it can't be scary as you will be right back in a minute. Also, we are not talking about the you or me at all! This is not, does not, have ONE thing to do with erasing yourself or an experience of something. Something is an idea! It's only about taking perception (which is what we are) off of ideas. That's all. We are not affected at all! This does no harm to us. Like I said, don't imagine it. That's where it goes off the rails. Trying to know what it is like through an idea.

I will also say as far as going off the rails, this is where it happens every time. One cannot think about a thoughtless state. So I'll just say it as some will never do it, well maybe eventually, anytime really as it is always a potential now, heck I am not in this state most nows, but I have experienced it and so know what it is, though the achievement of it is not usually here, but then it is always here at all times.... this post is turning into alice in wonderland. Where was I? I don't know. In ideas of course.

Oh yea, off the rails, this part is a mystery, though perhaps I know why, but a stream does not easily change course, or stop moving all together, it has momentum. If I just am, as I always have been, and I have never changed and never will change, what in the heck am I talking about? I am talking about that now is a created experience. The potential of what this now can be, hmmmmm yea I was going to say it's unlimited, but yea it's not. That's an idea, an interpretation added to now, and that is not what we want, we don't want anything at all, but yet we do. We want freedom. Freedom from the prison we are creating in each moment. The addition of a "person" that is concerned about this and that. That is on some kind of "spiritual journey" that makes us a pain in the blank to all of those around us. The "spiritual" here now is me as not me. So yea no journey. No judging me verses you. About who is further along lol. Who is more advanced. All non-sense. We are all the same thing, identical really, perception perceiving what it chooses to, creating experience all here together. All perfectly divine. We create conflict, the universe provides that experience and that destiny. It bends to our will as quantum physics states.

Two people in a room, they can be arguing, fighting, or at peace and content, two perceptions identifying with what they choose. Take the attention off of the idea, the authority, the seeker, the person, "you need to" "that's not it" "there is more" right all these reactions to the "idea" one needs not become anything, to the idea we are a perception and that's all. Because it turns out, not identifying, is the ultimate "becoming" as we are as we are, as it is, without trying to contort it into something else. It turns out to be ok as it is, peaceful, beautiful, light, all is well. It's not great, not terrible, both are ideas one needs a person to make real. Someone has to be here as an idea to care. I move from now to now as it is when I bring none of my own created additions, my content. I am not content. I am the perceiver or holder of content. I can be free of it. I don't have to bring anything but myself, and I am always present. I don't even have to bring myself it turns out.

Oh life, it's bigger
It's bigger than you

Consider this
Consider this, the hint of the century
Consider this, the slip
That brought me to my knees, failed
What if all these fantasies come
Flailing around
Now I've said too much

But that was just a dream
Try, cry, why try
That was just a dream
Just a dream

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwtdhWltSIg
Old 04-03-2020, 05:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
silence...a runway to greater depth.

i agree in not stopping ones progress.

Being and experiencing without our minds limited way of reducing it to ideas, it is a "journey" of sorts as each now can be perceived differently if the perceiver is configured differently, if it is more "liberated from it's mental/mind content. The depth is infinite. One cannot know what has the potential to be experienced, and is here now, until one is configured in such a way it can be experienced. But it is what mystics and sages talk about. One person was before his guru and asked how to experience the divine, and the master poked him in the chest and said there is too much you in there, you have made no room for the divine.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I have experienced two types of the Witness.
There is only one you, the one you are now. Experience is always here now, nowhere else. Any other "you" is imagination. So when you say, I have experienced this or that, that is imagination and not experience at all. Experience is now only. That other stuff are just ideas, memories, vapor. It's never what I did, it is what I am doing.

The first is a distance from thoughts, feelings. Like being able to observe your thoughts without being all caught up in them in daily life. There is still a Tom, but a separation from the attachments. This is what I call realizing silence in daily life.

Does one have distance from thoughts now? Not if one has the attention on thoughts now and is typing them out. I have no distance now. Being able to observe your thoughts and not be caught up in them? If you are observing them, you are caught up in them. Observe something else! There's a lot more to each moment than our ideas about it. Endless mysteries to know. Is there still a "me" when I am not caught up in thoughts at all? No care about them at all. Not observing, resisting, not having anything to do with thoughts. I'm running down a grassy green hill smelling the crisp morning air and watching the sun come out. I'm not thinking about anything. Not thinking about thinking. There is nothing to be or do. It just is. Yes I am running down that hill, but not as something or someone. Something or someone are ideas. I am all of it, the totality of the experience and of myself.

The second is much deeper. A separation from the ego known as Tom. This was more of an observer from deep within. More like the body was a projection and a separation from all that was Tom. This lasted for about a day and a half.

There is just now. Love can be the now. Every "experience" one had is a projection of thought, an idea brought into the now. One cannot have an experience without identifying with thought and mental content. We really don't need a word for now like "experience." That word infers two. The one and what it is having or had. This creates a mental concept of me and this as being of some different quality. I am this. I am perception. Adding in a person is a mental trick but then we create a person with mental tricks. With identification with ideas. Me and you are exactly the same. Our content and thoughts are different, but if neither one of us identified with our ideas, we would be equal in all ways. But then even if we identify with our minds, we are still equal in all ways!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I have experienced two types of the Witness.

The first is a distance from thoughts, feelings. Like being able to observe your thoughts without being all caught up in them in daily life. There is still a Tom, but a separation from the attachments. This is what I call realizing silence in daily life.

The second is much deeper. A separation from the ego known as Tom. This was more of an observer from deep within. More like the body was a projection and a separation from all that was Tom. This lasted for about a day and a half.

Even that was limited as there was no oneness aspect to it with everything which I have experienced before. i.e. see a cloud and feel the cloud and all that it is as you..

thanks jonesboy!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 04-03-2020, 10:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Being and experiencing without our minds limited way of reducing it to ideas, it is a "journey" of sorts as each now can be perceived differently if the perceiver is configured differently, if it is more "liberated from it's mental/mind content. The depth is infinite. One cannot know what has the potential to be experienced, and is here now, until one is configured in such a way it can be experienced. But it is what mystics and sages talk about. One person was before his guru and asked how to experience the divine, and the master poked him in the chest and said there is too much you in there, you have made no room for the divine.

yes. you have to become hollowed out as said by a member here. cant recall his username exactly. thanks for sharing!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 05-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
There is only one you, the one you are now. Experience is always here now, nowhere else. Any other "you" is imagination. So when you say, I have experienced this or that, that is imagination and not experience at all. Experience is now only. That other stuff are just ideas, memories, vapor. It's never what I did, it is what I am doing.

Does one have distance from thoughts now? Not if one has the attention on thoughts now and is typing them out. I have no distance now. Being able to observe your thoughts and not be caught up in them? If you are observing them, you are caught up in them. Observe something else! There's a lot more to each moment than our ideas about it. Endless mysteries to know. Is there still a "me" when I am not caught up in thoughts at all? No care about them at all. Not observing, resisting, not having anything to do with thoughts. I'm running down a grassy green hill smelling the crisp morning air and watching the sun come out. I'm not thinking about anything. Not thinking about thinking. There is nothing to be or do. It just is. Yes I am running down that hill, but not as something or someone. Something or someone are ideas. I am all of it, the totality of the experience and of myself.

There is just now. Love can be the now. Every "experience" one had is a projection of thought, an idea brought into the now. One cannot have an experience without identifying with thought and mental content. We really don't need a word for now like "experience." That word infers two. The one and what it is having or had. This creates a mental concept of me and this as being of some different quality. I am this. I am perception. Adding in a person is a mental trick but then we create a person with mental tricks. With identification with ideas. Me and you are exactly the same. Our content and thoughts are different, but if neither one of us identified with our ideas, we would be equal in all ways. But then even if we identify with our minds, we are still equal in all ways!

I get it. I get that you don't understand what I am saying.

It's okay.

Quote:

This is answered simply. If you can share your awareness with another it is not imagination. If you can with a thought help another experience deep silence or energy flowing in the them, around them, however they may feel it, it isn't your imagination.

Even more, what if you do nothing and can have the same impact mentioned above on another. The path is much deeper than what you currently understand.

Quote:

That is your belief which I have showed you many times is not a Buddhist belief. It is your belief, your concept because you have touched silence and now think you know it all...

Also, we are not the same, our realizations are not the same, our depth is not the same. Our issues and fears are not the same.

You are speaking from your concepts but haven't realized what presence/awareness truly is. You think what you have now is it.. it is far from it.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:46 PM
Deactivated Account

~All you need is love~ Nothing more. It determines our present and future.

Last edited by Phaelyn : 06-03-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
~All you need is love~ Nothing more. It determines our present and future.

Love is local mind.

Loving-Kindness in Buddhism means good will.

Again, your quote is your belief system but not one that any tradition would agree with.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Love is local mind.

Loving-Kindness in Buddhism means good will.

Again, your quote is your belief system but not one that any tradition would agree with.

One is perfect in every way, this now has all perfection within it. One needs to not do one more thing, no practice, no study or time with some teacher, no seeking, no desires for more, no reading, no tradition, no religion, this is Buddhism as lived and realized. Who or what tells you there is more? That is local mind. What judges others? Local mind. What thinks? Local mind. In this now, right now, drop your ideas, your beliefs, your opinions, your stated "truths." Stop telling others what is, when that what is is just more ideas, more thoughts, more conceptual words, conceptual reality, more local mind. One can live all day in the conceptual, but Buddhism points to a new way to be and live and experience.

Buddhism is pointing to out of the box of all those things. Leave all that. This now is the only place the divine is found. It is here now or nowhere. Projecting it out into the future, or into the past is addiction to local mind. Addiction to thought and thinking. Never let another tell you that it is not here now, perfect as it is. Never accept you have to be something, do something, achieve something, need something more. We are it. We are love. We are peace. It's like people were hit by sticks from others, so then they hit others knowing no other way to be or act. Love means loving yourself and all else. Not letting others minds or your own abuse you. Telling you that you are lacking in some way. That now is not enough. That some kind of "more" is needed.

We are all the divine. The divine is here now, always. Nothing is lacking. We have just become fixated on negativity created by the computer that is our brain. By thoughts and judgements and interpretations. Our true selves are full of compassion and love. So let go of all this local mind stuff and be what we are, what we are when we stop seeking, stop trying to become something, achieve something, stop being so self centered, so into what we want and desire, everything we want and desire is here now, under all this noise.

Judging others is bad, judging ourselves is worse. Love yourself unconditionally and others as well. Let others be fixated on ideas if they want. Let them say this and that. It is all meaningless local mind made important in this now. The important thing in this now is freedom, freedom from self imposed jail cells. Freedom from all conflict created by the mind. This is Buddhism realized. practiced, understood, actualized, lived. There is no Buddhism as a idea anymore, it is liberation in this moment and then the out flowing of what we are and have always been. Love and peace. No conflict within and without.

The answer is never more words. More claims. More statements. It is looking within and without, seeing what is, right now, and then choosing liberation and attunement with the divine and unconditional love, which raises everything you are and project to a higher frequency. We are all the same divine consciousness, that are just choosing what now is to them and then projecting that outward into this world.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:20 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
One is perfect in every way, this now has all perfection within it. One needs to not do one more thing, no practice, no study or time with some teacher, no seeking, no desires for more, no reading, no tradition, no religion, this is Buddhism as lived and realized. Who or what tells you there is more? That is local mind. What judges others? Local mind. What thinks? Local mind. In this now, right now, drop your ideas, your beliefs, your opinions, your stated "truths." Stop telling others what is, when that what is is just more ideas, more thoughts, more conceptual words, conceptual reality, more local mind. One can live all day in the conceptual, but Buddhism points to a new way to be and live and experience.

Buddhism is pointing to out of the box of all those things. Leave all that. This now is the only place the divine is found. It is here now or nowhere. Projecting it out into the future, or into the past is addiction to local mind. Addiction to thought and thinking. Never let another tell you that it is not here now, perfect as it is. Never accept you have to be something, do something, achieve something, need something more. We are it. We are love. We are peace. It's like people were hit by sticks from others, so then they hit others knowing no other way to be or act. Love means loving yourself and all else. Not letting others minds or your own abuse you. Telling you that you are lacking in some way. That now is not enough. That some kind of "more" is needed.

We are all the divine. The divine is here now, always. Nothing is lacking. We have just become fixated on negativity created by the computer that is our brain. By thoughts and judgements and interpretations. Our true selves are full of compassion and love. So let go of all this local mind stuff and be what we are, what we are when we stop seeking, stop trying to become something, achieve something, stop being so self centered, so into what we want and desire, everything we want and desire is here now, under all this noise.

Judging others is bad, judging ourselves is worse. Love yourself unconditionally and others as well. Let others be fixated on ideas if they want. Let them say this and that. It is all meaningless local mind made important in this now. The important thing in this now is freedom, freedom from self imposed jail cells. Freedom from all conflict created by the mind. This is Buddhism realized. practiced, understood, actualized, lived. There is no Buddhism as a idea anymore, it is liberation in this moment and then the out flowing of what we are and have always been. Love and peace. No conflict within and without.

The answer is never more words. More claims. More statements. It is looking within and without, seeing what is, right now, and then choosing liberation and attunement with the divine and unconditional love, which raises everything you are and project to a higher frequency. We are all the same divine consciousness, that are just choosing what now is to them and then projecting that outward into this world.

I can understand your vocabulary.