Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Experiencer

I want them good times to return

When I was 12 I was happy thankful to wake up every morning and the days were brighter two years later I'm extremely depressed feeling like there's nothing to live for anymore and I want to be happy again.It was something about me having imagination and great friends and family that made me happy now my imagination is gone all my friends are fake and my family annoys me I'm almost 15 and I want to be happy before school starts.I cry to God to make these good days return but it been almost two years since I haven't been happy will he make me happy soon?
Old 23-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercan
When I was 12 I was happy thankful to wake up every morning and the days were brighter two years later I'm extremely depressed feeling like there's nothing to live for anymore and I want to be happy again.It was something about me having imagination and great friends and family that made me happy now my imagination is gone all my friends are fake and my family annoys me I'm almost 15 and I want to be happy before school starts.I cry to God to make these good days return but it been almost two years since I haven't been happy will he make me happy soon?

Hey dreamer, this could all be hormonal changes that often result in a change of perception and outlook. They do even themselves out as you reach adulthood. I remember for me, I felt like a single grape that was cut off the vine and left to fall away from the rest. I tried counseling, self help books, became spiritually minded and growth oriented, all as a way to try and cope and get back to the "good times". By the time I hit about 19/20, things even themselves out and I was perfectly fine.There's a certain joy that comes from not seeing things in this new light, but I can tell you, that I did become happy again. I just don't think it's possible to "go back". Move forward. Whether or not you get happy again has to do with you and your choices, as you can no longer fully rely on your circumstances to dictate that for you. I think that was the change that happened to you. Start to develop a bit more self-reliance. You imagination can and will come back if you start doing things that fuel it.
Old 23-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Master
Quote:
all my friends are fake and my family annoys me. I cry to God to make these good days return
These are the good days, believe me. Wait until you work for a living and have a boss who threatens your job security every day unless you do things exactly as told. You'll be going home after work and crying all evening about how you took your friends and family for granted back when.
Old 23-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
These are the good days, believe me. Wait until you work for a living and have a boss who threatens your job security every day unless you do things exactly as told. You'll be going home after work and crying all evening about how you took your friends and family for granted back when.

Yea right -.- and by the way imma be the boss of my business so I wont have that problem :)
Old 23-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Guide

Quote:
Yea right -.- and by the way imma be the boss of my business so I wont have that problem :)

seems like u allready know the future. Does that make u happy?

There are certain kinds of happiness.

Perhaps what u experienced was happyness in darkness. In unconsiousness. However when aging happens, the darkness of the world takes over more and more and more and more and more and more and more.
Then u will understand there is no true happyness in the world other then those rare moments. Even if u become happy with someone darkness will strike sooner then later. :)
In this world u have to fight to become happy. Or... become mental ill. :)
In this world there is no true freedom. In the end only true freedom is what can make happyness. All the other is comfort happyness. Consolation.
Old 23-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Master

It's not nice to be disrespectful to those who take the time to answer your questions. They are giving you sound advice. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 24-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Deactivated Account

I have an idea,why not every day write something that makes you happy? We have journals here "your space". Every day,write 1 to 3 things that made you smile or happy. Did you know the more grace and happiness you put into the Universe the more you get back? This thread for example, is kind of sad,and your unconsciously putting the energy into the Universe and it could be reflecting more to you. In short,more happy thoughts. Even if they are small tiny things. Just a suggestion.

Hang in there,Keep your head up.
Old 25-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Master
Your name says it all dreamercan. I personally did not on balance particularly care for my junior high, early teen years (although there were good memories, Senior high was more my speed). I'd say remember to keep your sense of wonder (not to mention humor) discovery, and innocence of life. Experience can make a person tired and disillusioned over time, I too loved my childhood years and reminisce fondly of those days every once in awhile still.

Personally speaking if I could do it all again I would've focused right out of the gates about where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do with my life. The transition to adulthood is not without growing pains, but stay the course and trust things will work themselves out and avenues will open up to you if you do your due diligence by persevering and moving towards them.

You have that opportunity now, the seeds you sow during these years will chart your course in many ways. Stay true to yourself and you can't go wrong in my books. "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams..."

Don't look back! Your entire life lies before you, right now in this very moment. You can go in any direction you please, keep that imagination active and alive. :)
He who binds to himself a joy, does the winged life destroy;
but he who kisses the joy as it flies, lives in eternities sunrise. ~ *

-
William Blake
Old 25-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
seems like u allready know the future. Does that make u happy?

There are certain kinds of happiness.

Perhaps what u experienced was happyness in darkness. In unconsiousness. However when aging happens, the darkness of the world takes over more and more and more and more and more and more and more.
Then u will understand there is no true happyness in the world other then those rare moments. Even if u become happy with someone darkness will strike sooner then later. :)
In this world u have to fight to become happy. Or... become mental ill. :)
In this world there is no true freedom. In the end only true freedom is what can make happyness. All the other is comfort happyness. Consolation.

Wow, that's pretty hardcore.
Old 25-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Knower

Quote:

Ah, the good ol' days eh?