Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Jesus is the "every man" representative of humanity. He says "we" and "our" because he includes himself as a member of our human soul collective. Like him, our brother, we too will all sit at the "right hand" of the Source... we will understand our role as soul-spirit aspect of that Source.

But Jesus is not 'everyman', there is no one else like him, he was actually unique. I think

We are not like him, we won't sit at the right hand of the 'Source', unless we jump through some very difficult hoops, taking the narrow road for a start, knocking on the right door, and listening to His will and following it exclusively.

It's not our right as human beings, it would be our privilege, if we managed to do what is required of us first.
Old 23-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
But Jesus is not 'everyman', there is no one else like him, he was actually unique. I think

We are not like him
That's where we differ I guess. Christianity inserts the word "only" when describing son of god. No. The "first" son of god would be my suggestion. I came across a minister online who spoke about the problem Christianity has with this. He was saying the "only" aspect distracts from the real conversation about Jesus. He didn't believe Jesus was God, and that he was merely a human being. That's my understanding as well. He was our older brother, leading the way for the rest of humanity in the future.

My take anyway. And I appreciated your post, very inspiring and lots to think about.
Old 23-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
I imagine we are separated from God to the extent that we aren't doing His will.

I don't agree he meant the Holy Spirit here, because there is another quote where he says specifically that he will send the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was always very clear about his 'Father', and I don't imagine he would have used either term loosely, 'Father' or 'Holy Spirit', or used one term to mean another.

The only alternative for me is to say the gospels aren't an authentic recording, and therefore the statement "we will come to him and make our home with him" is meaningless.

We have created a illusion of an ego who is what we want others to think of us or what we want to be and so on and that has caused separation. We are not who we really are but who we want to be and that is our own will and not God's will.

When Jesus said the father is within him and he is within the father he meant being one with the father. This means he had no ego attachments and so Jesus was who he really was, ONE WITH GOD. That means doing God's will.

Being one with God means to me that God's works through one and in this case Jesus. God had control of Jesus and his life. Jesus let God the father control him by letting go on control (which is what the ego doesn't do, it always wants to be in control) and trusting in the father.

Jesus had no ego, no separation, no attachments and was one with God.
Old 24-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's where we differ I guess. Christianity inserts the word "only" when describing son of god. No. The "first" son of god would be my suggestion. I came across a minister online who spoke about the problem Christianity has with this. He was saying the "only" aspect distracts from the real conversation about Jesus. He didn't believe Jesus was God, and that he was merely a human being. That's my understanding as well. He was our older brother, leading the way for the rest of humanity in the future.

My take anyway. And I appreciated your post, very inspiring and lots to think about.

Baile,

Something additional to think about: Older translations of the Bible instead of saying "the only begotten Son of God" instead say "the once-begotten Son of God". As mortals we are all twice-begotten......i.e. having both an earthly father and mother. The Bible indicates that the birth of Jesus was a virgin birth.....not falling in these set parameters. Elsewhere the Bible refers to Sons of God.......indicating that others can be considered as once-begotten. Apparently other traditions also speak of virgin births. When the 3rd chapter of John speaks of being 'born again' I take this to mean the same thing. Being born again falls under the umbrella of being once-begotten. Likewise we can surmise that other traditions have legitmacy with certain revered figures. When John 3:16 says "that whosoever believeth in Him" for me that indicates a belief in the reality of a once-begotten birth which results in us becoming a New Man. I know that this will seems like anathema to some Christians but it gives me confidence in the wisdom and power of God to save the entire world not just the adherents of one particular religion.
Old 24-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Master
I see it as a stage in human evolution is available to us via Jesus, he opened the door to the kingdom within, and all of humanity will one day easily pass through this door, but for now it's one at a time and takes work. The more people that make it through the closer the world will get to a tipping point, it will be easier and more normal. I think what Jesus opened is pivotal though.

But I'm not thinking just the belief in Jesus is getting through the door, it is far more complicated and difficult than that. A moment's faith at the right time is all that's needed, but I believe we have to get to the door ourselves, and then knock.

When the door is opened, then Jesus and the Father will make their home in us, and guide us more directly, we still follow, but they are more present, and the direction they lead us is more obviously the way we need to follow.
Old 25-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
I see it as a stage in human evolution is available to us via Jesus, he opened the door to the kingdom within, and all of humanity will one day easily pass through this door.

But I'm not thinking just the belief in Jesus is getting through the door, it is far more complicated and difficult than that.
Yup yup yup... One of the more simple, clear, happy and light-filled explanations I've read on this subject.

And regarding your second comment above... keep in mind that all of this is still true, EVEN if Jesus never existed and the story is purely allegorical. I would go so far as to strongly remind that it is the artificial and erected belief-tenet that stands in the way of intuitive wisdom, and blocks the view of the inspired truth.
Old 25-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
We have created a illusion of an ego who is what we want others to think of us or what we want to be and so on and that has caused separation. We are not who we really are but who we want to be and that is our own will and not God's will.

When Jesus said the father is within him and he is within the father he meant being one with the father. This means he had no ego attachments and so Jesus was who he really was, ONE WITH GOD. That means doing God's will.

Being one with God means to me that God's works through one and in this case Jesus. God had control of Jesus and his life. Jesus let God the father control him by letting go on control (which is what the ego doesn't do, it always wants to be in control) and trusting in the father.

Jesus had no ego, no separation, no attachments and was one with God.

Nice answer :)
Old 25-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Nice answer :)

Thanks Tom!!!
Old 22-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Master
The Kingdom is within. Where else would the Father be except within?
Old 22-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
The Kingdom is within. Where else would the Father be except within?

And without.. it is everything..

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

But you have to realize it within you, to then find that is also what you first thought was outside of you.