Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
moonlight1216

laura .. I really try to stay positive but everything around me is so negative.. poeple in pain and ofcourse poverty.. and Im a type of person who dont have so many friends because I dont have the time.. Im 23 and I havent had a long term relationship because Im so perfectionalist.. my mother have joined this group where they get some kind of energy from their masters to help cure people.. they did sooop much weired things.. and because I was scared at that time I did not join them and now Im not happy with that.. I realised If i learn to meditate and can communicate with the source maybe I could have the power to cure poeple too or let me put it this way.. cure myself first ;)
Old 10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
moonlight1216

thank you aaaall for your great advises and help.. :-)
Old 10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
moonlight1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex
I was one of those people who could not meditate or get in to Alfa state
But with music I get there so fast
And now I can walk even work in meditated states

But if you get me to set still and ty to meditate its like just asking my mind to go crazy
vortex.. what do you mean by meditating state? if you walk in meditating state how could it be meditating? maybe I dont know the true meaning of meditation
Old 10-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
To get in a state of inner awareness you have to quieten the mind from all the ****
Stop the judging, crital, voice in you head
And listen to your intuitive voice and other stuff that you’re the judging voice dismiss for you call it rubbish imposable or coincidence extra
You can do this any where
I have to go to work or I would go on more about have to go
Old 10-08-2011, 07:21 PM
moke64916

Start by focusing on your breaths and put your attention inside your body while doing so.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight1216
soo it seems meditation brings to me more conflicts than calmness
what do you recommend for my situation..?
thank you

Then I suggest that you bring peace to those conflicts.

Let the thoughts flow. Observe them with compassion and understanding. They are aspects of you that wish to speak. It is your job - to choose - to listen.

You also asked about 3rd eye exercises. Most suggestions about those types of meditation ignore the other chakras. If you are willing to invest the time and be patient with your body, then the exercises at this link would be helpful.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/exer...win_flame.html

Since you have a medical background you will understand better than most the progression of the energetic steps involved in these exercises. I suggest that you ignore the twin flame aspect, unless it is of interest to you, and focus on the value of these energetic accomplishments.

Keep in mind that we all have an inner guidance. Those conflicted thoughts are also present with the wisdom of your higher self. Once you respect and bring peace to all that you are then the highest aspect of you will speak, if not sooner is my guess.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Search

Hi moonlight,
First things first -
I have a busy day today, but just wanted to let you know, I want to come back and make a post later. I am really feeling for you ... must be my empathic side

Seriously, I think Laura has brought up an interesting point ... especially for me ... Thx Laura

Just off the top of my head, "as I head out the door" ... I think for those of us that struggle with the mind ... getting up and exerting ourselves physically can really help us to focus ... when you stop to recovery physically, just look for something ... hmmmm ... that catches the wind. I find stopping to catch my breath and watching the leaves/branches of a tree really helps me to tune into that source so many talk about. Just focus on the leaves,wind,feel the wind, smell it and so forth ... just practice on your breath in between the moments you are concentrating on exerting your body.

You Can Do iT!!! Just get up and move around enough to distract your mind from the wayward thoughts ... keep moving so that when you do stop, your still on your breath.

As I say ... I got to go but will seek to come back and write you ... YOU have Very Good English!!!

Take care ... Back Later
Old 10-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Medium_Laura

You're welcome Search :) Exercise is a great way to raise your vibrations too :)
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Experiencer
Their three main voices you can brake them down further
First and by far the loudest is the critical or judging voice
It will say things like right wrong, I don’t have voices in my head, why is that guy looking at me that way, the main voice in every ones head creates drama, meaning, creates stress extra

Next is the intuitive voice these are random thoughts like come out of no where al sow is the creative side of the mind quite and unobtrusive

Then is the wishfull thinking voice also creative but like the intuitive voice so you can get them mixed up
If only is not wish full thinking its critical
But something that inspires you to is wish full

The intuitive and wishful thinking are grate with guidance only from the critical voice
but most people the critical voice runs every thing
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 AM
Search

Moonlight,
I am very encouraged that you are studying medicine. I rarely see doctors due to their dismissive and stringent attitudes. However I am pleased to say that I am now seeing a positive shift in such attitudes with many medical practitioners (as well as my own perceptions) now becoming more accepting of alternative methods.

What can I recommend?
I'm no MD but I don't mind sharing, as doing so also helps myself. Make sure you are getting professional advise with easing off the meds. Especially after being on them for a long period of time. (also learn new copping mechanisms to help deal with the stresses the medicine was helping you with for so long) ... I will share some of what helped me.

Vortex” – makes an excellent point ( “To get in a state of inner awareness you have to quieten the mind...”) and breaks it down really well! I would love to hear more from you Vortex when you have time … please : ) I also agree with “Gem”. At times I get a little hung up on the different styles of meditation which create more conflict in my head. Whilst this keeps my mind open, thus learning more, it also complicates the fundamental aspects of meditation. Having only had a few years experience in meditation … I am still very much new to it and need to keep focused on building on the foundations, before venturing into unknown territory. The meaning and Use of meditation will change over time as you become more aware ... This has been the case for me ... I am a slow learner, but in many ways, that and my persistence is helping me, and something I hope you will strive for or appreciate.

If I may “Gem” I keep re-reading what Gem has said and everything is spot on! Allow me to quote this little section of that post. “...The practice is directed at retaining stillness of mind... and although many will suggest imagining this or that thing... more benefit is gained from suspending the thought processes and slowly allowing yourself to become silently observant...”

Whilst many people require assistance with visual and audio queues … Me being one of them! … I am beginning to understand just how crucial it is, to meditate in silence in order to become the observer. Getting to that state is such a Fantastic Feeling, BUT peacefully so … for me it is the closest I can get to being attached and unattached at the same time … its not an “ARRRR I see all now!” feeling … It's just a nice peace FULL existence in a quiet mind that is SO relieving. (it is in such states that both the mind and body can heal!) Edit ... Lately, I have really been connecting with becoming the observer ... this has taken me quite some to really understand ... to start thinking about the voice that commentates during my meditations, to really connect with that voice ... it's completely opposite to the negative banter ... this voice brings about an understanding and a peace about the things I don't understand ... it also feels really reverent in some ways ... whatever it is ... I like the feeling it brings me. I don't get to that state by switching it off or on ... it's comparable to some of my long distance runs when I experience "runners high" ... in as much as the reason why so many runners keep chasing that feeling. It is something I strive to connect with as it really grounds me for quite sometime after the event.

I reach such states when doing solo trips into the woods, sitting by a creek bed and recovering after a treacherous hike. The more often I do such activities, the more I can handle life in general; which is why routine is so important. To dedicate yourself to a routine you have question your intent to keep motivated. In the beginning it will be hard, but gets easier as time goes by. Just like exercising, the hard yards put many off.

John32241's reply to yourself, about the conflicts meditation brings to you [Quote “...Then I suggest that you bring peace to those conflicts...” is one of the strongest mind sets we can adopt to combat negative emotions! When faced with Anger turn to Compassion, when faced with Jealously build on self esteem, when faced with loneness turn to hope and so on … This may involve additional activities other than meditation, but addressing such issues will help to clear out the negative banter that creates so much static to begin with. Only then, can you begin to appreciate what meditation can bring to your life and how working on awareness will eventually carry on over and enhance our many other activities, designed to make us better beings. Edit ... perhaps the conflict that arises for you, may not be appear obvious as these kinds of emotions; however the frustration that commonly evolves from such conflicting thoughts eventually lead into negative emotions of some sort ... so it is that I raise this aspect of dealing with and taking steps to becoming aware of such feelings.

I learned this technique from Dr Judith Orloff listening to her Audio Book “Emotional FreedomLiberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life". I listened to it several times and even typed out a few chapters most relevant to me.
Edit ... Learning my "emotional type" [empath] really helped me understand how I operate and also helped me to choose the right steps in learning to overcome my weakness and build on my strengths. This has also helped me to protect my sensitivity from others. (something my type is susceptible when energy levels are low) Off topic - sorry - Basically becoming emotionally aware is a huge step in Awareness full stop - Some of the biggest developments of late, is the discovery of how Thoughts effect our Emotions and the impact that has on our Health. If you can identify with your emotional type and the corresponding feelings Positive and Negative, you will be able to learn how to control them like a doctor prescribing chemicals to balance the levels to match someones Brain Type.

THOUGHTS! Arghhhhhh … To think or not to think?, Tis the question. Try not to get to hung up on this aspect within meditating. I say this because it was my biggest hangup. Not just because my head has been chemically imbalanced for so many years, but like you … my perfectionism would have me “wanting” to be a Zen Monk after only several attempts. This is where visual aids and audio queues can be of immense help to those of us needing guidance. To catch a thought and suspend it with an invisible beam that does not exist will come in our Zen years … in the mean time enjoy what peace comes from the attempts, early on and build on that.

If a thought comes … accept it and let it go … don't accept it by analyzing it, just accept that it came to be and just let it float on by as though it has no meaning at all. This is what I think someone just starting out should expect “after” first practicing with breathing and focusing on the other fundamental aspects which have been talked about.

Forgive my long mindedness (lol @ auto correct, I mean windedness) moonlight.

You've got great advice given by all and I see you've given gratitude already. I think you will make a great student at whatever you do.

Please excuse me as my mind is starting to race a bit now...
before I go … some of what I started this post with earlier - but have left till now:

Best advice that helped me in the beginning ... "TO" QUIET my mind, was to first deal with all the **** in order that I could even begin to Hear and See.. I learned to deal with my emotions as I gave up a lot of the poisons I was using to nullify the all to often consequences of my negative manifestations (out bursts). As I started working in these areas of my life, motivation soon sparked into a burning desire. I worked on my diet and also learned the importance of keeping active and so on. During these early years, I still struggled with my Highs and Lows (Bi-Polar tenancies - whatever ...) and now doing my best to find balance by using meditation to help my mind and body recover from the ongoing "effortS" that are required in order for me to live a reasonably stable and healthy life, both physically and mentally.

As mentioned, I found some excellent tools to do this with Dr Judith Orloff's book “emotional freedom” Links Provided. Learn as much as you can about how our thoughts trigger emotions and in turn how they manifest and make us feel! Learn about it on a chemical level which will make you a great doctor and perhaps take in the teachings on intuition and become an even greater one :)

Being the perfectionist that I still am … ( positively so!) … I only wish I could of presented this in a much more digestible manner. Try your best to turn all that negative chatter in your head around by identifying those thoughts, emotions and manifestations … face them and beat them with positive action steps by practicing confidence,compassion and forgiveness in all areas of your life.

The fact is … until I started practicing doing just that, I too was unable to quiet my mind to begin with. Wishing you the very best. I'll still be on the side...best go do the dishes.

Take Care
Dave … (Seriously I don't know, but thanks for listening ;) ) I still make a LOT of mistakes, but getting back up is getting easier!

Dr Judith Orloff Energy Psychiatrist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Orloff

“Emotional Freedom”Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life.
http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Emotio...escription.htm

Last edited by Search : 11-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.