Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-06-2019, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Anyone who insists on a literal interpretation of ancient scripture will be in trouble. Anything that was written in the Bronze Age by people who didn't know where the sun went at night is at best taken as a guide. If we insist on a literal interpretation and use the commandments in scripture as a guide to how to conduct our lives in the modern world, we'll end up where much of the Islamic world is today. I don't think anyone would want to live like that. The Bible has commandments to kill you neighbour if you see them working on the Sabbath, stone gay people to death, that sort of thing. Do you really want to live by those rules?

Do you really want to live by those rules?[/quote]

No thanks, definitely not...
Old 05-06-2019, 06:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
2. There is such a thing as human doubt and crises of faith. No one is strong enough to be completely happy in their path.

God bless.

Not true, I am so extremely happy, content & sure of my path towards the holy kingdom, and if it were not for my desire to assist my folks in their latter years, untill they do not need my assistance any longer...then I would exit the flesh & Earth life , & continue my life in the lesser Heavens untill i have received sufficient of the fathers love & very essence that would fit me for entry into the Holy Kingdom.

SMILES once again from myself.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Not true, I am so extremely happy, content & sure of my path towards the holy kingdom, and if it were not for my desire to assist my folks in their latter years, untill they do not need my assistance any longer...then I would exit the flesh & Earth life , & continue my life in the lesser Heavens untill i have received sufficient of the fathers love & very essence that would fit me for entry into the Holy Kingdom.

SMILES once again from myself.

Assisting your Parents ( or anyone) is a labour of love to some and a millstone around the neck to others. We have the choice to choose which one applies.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:08 AM
Master
There is such a thing as human doubt and crises of faith. No one is strong enough to be completely happy in their path.

That's how you see it but others would disagree, perception again Honza, it's all down to perceptions
Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Assisting your Parents ( or anyone) is a labour of love to some and a millstone around the neck to others. We have the choice to choose which one applies.
It can also be both - one or the other, depending on how drained and tired you are.

Don't mind me...I was just sitting down on the lav..about to go, when my mum called me urgently from downstairs...I asked if she could wait for 5 minutes while I answered nature's call and she said "no, come NOW"...so thinking something bad had happened to her, I ran downstairs half naked, urine streaming down my legs, only to be met with "I seem to have turned my mobile phone off accidentally...how did I just do that?"

If I had a razor blade, I would have made small cuts all over my arms because the pain hurts less.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It can also be both - one or the other, depending on how drained and tired you are.

Don't mind me...I was just sitting down on the lav..about to go, when my mum called me urgently from downstairs...I asked if she could wait for 5 minutes while I answered nature's call and she said "no, come NOW"...so thinking something bad had happened to her, I ran downstairs half naked, urine streaming down my legs, only to be met with "I seem to have turned my mobile phone off accidentally...how did I just do that?"

If I had a razor blade, I would have made small cuts all over my arms because the pain hurts less.

, been there so I know where your coming from. At least we can laugh about it.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Master

Quote:

For myself, I do not class it as a labour of anything. I class it as my desire of love, because they gave me life eternal & brought me up lovingly.
& so while I am capable of assisting them in their latter lives, then I will put my short term desire for residing in higher realms off, till a little latter on in my eternal life.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Anyone who insists on a literal interpretation of ancient scripture will be in trouble. Anything that was written in the Bronze Age by people who didn't know where the sun went at night is at best taken as a guide. If we insist on a literal interpretation and use the commandments in scripture as a guide to how to conduct our lives in the modern world, we'll end up where much of the Islamic world is today. I don't think anyone would want to live like that. The Bible has commandments to kill you neighbour if you see them working on the Sabbath, stone gay people to death, that sort of thing. Do you really want to live by those rules?

Is 'that sort of thing' found in the New Testament, which was specified in the OP as the word a Christian lives by?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:21 AM
Master
Quote:
' But to actually be a Christian is unfortunately to declare that Christianity as found in the New Testament is the ONLY true way.'

If it works for you personally to believe this then that's good but please don't speak for every Christian in the world because you don't know.....

I am speaking for the Christians that read and believe in the New Testament, not Gnostic Christians. Gnostic Christians are much more politically correct, but they have to ignore the New Testament to be that way.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
You are correct Django....Christianity is a bitter pill to swallow for many people. Suggesting that Jesus is the only path back to God obviously shuts out all those who do not believe. They don't like that. It causes friction.

The whole issue causes me a big headache.

It's tricky on a pluralistic forum like this, but then I don't relate to the hard-line religious Christians either, so maybe it's a headache we're just stuck with now until... something, I don't know what.