Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-07-2011, 09:57 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes
The truth is that attachment to the enjoyment gained from discussions involving comparative religion, and attachment to the feeling of satisfaction when you believe yourself to be right, does more damage than good. A good time to step back and analyse whether intentions, speech and so on are right.
I am attached to the Truth and establishing the Truth for the sake of everyone. That is spiritual. Even the impersonal Buddhist is attached to becoming enlightened. The only way to attain material detachment is to become spiritually attached.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:11 AM
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
I am attached to the Truth and establishing the Truth for the sake of everyone. That is spiritual. Even the impersonal Buddhist is attached to becoming enlightened. The only way to attain material detachment is to become spiritually attached.

You are wrong when you say even the impersonal Buddhist is attached to becoming enlightened.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:14 AM
yes

Quote:
Knowledge is pragmatic

This appears to be a quick posting empty of meaning, although it is possible I am not aware of what it is you are trying to convey.

Out of interest, is your preferred way the way of jhana?
Old 18-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes
You are wrong when you say even the impersonal Buddhist is attached to becoming enlightened.
If the aspirant has no desire to attain enlightenment then how will he motivate himself to sit and meditate everyday
Old 18-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes
This appears to be a quick posting empty of meaning, although it is possible I am not aware of what it is you are trying to convey.

Out of interest, is your preferred way the way of jhana?
Bhakti-yoga incorporates all four aspects of jnana(knowledge), vairagya (renunciation), karma (action) and dhyana (meditation)

All aspects are important and necessary in order to attain enlightenment.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:28 AM
yes

Quote:
If the aspirant has no desire to attain enlightenment then how will he motivate himself to sit and meditate everyday

This is the utter joy of Buddhism. Yes, the desire to attain enlightenment will motivate a person to start out on a path and perhaps that path will be the buddhist path. After so long, or perhaps very long, on the path, the twin pillars (wisdom and compassion for those who might not know) take over and the aspirant and the desire for enlightenment move farther and farther away.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes
This is the utter joy of Buddhism. Yes, the desire to attain enlightenment will motivate a person to start out on a path and perhaps that path will be the buddhist path. After so long, or perhaps very long, on the path, the twin pillars (wisdom and compassion for those who might not know) take over and the aspirant and the desire for enlightenment move farther and farther away.
Compassion is the attachment to helping others. This is also a desire.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:35 AM
yes

Quote:
Compassion is the attachment to helping others. This is also a desire.

I wish you well on your path and thank you for your thoughts.
Old 18-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes
I wish you well on your path and thank you for your thoughts.
It's unfortunate when Truth contradicts someones beliefs but since when did that make a difference.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:59 PM
northstar

Quote:
originally posted by I-Ching According to the Vedas at night the subtle body leaves the gross body and travels in the astral plane. NDE's give evidence that this is possible.

you certainly have me confused now... this is how i was taught by my teacher... now if the vedas are truth... then why do you question my teachings as hallucinations? i am confused...

her first instructions to me was 'remember what you see and what you hear... not what you perceive' (in your mind)

i also read elsewhere that you said translations of the I-Ching should not be trusted... yet you say you are now writing your own translation of the I-Ching... you have me very confused...