Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 01-07-2014, 09:10 AM
aadi007

Question Nadishastra!!!! Any one know ?

Hii friends
I am new here. So i kind of heard about the Nadishastra. Not the technique involving veins but kind of different. It involves the two nasal passages and the observation on that. Ita kind of weird but who knows.
I asking this because i want to see if anybody know about this.
Thanks for your response
Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 PM
This could also be placed in the astrology section...maybe they would know?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 PM
oops double posted.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Aad; I belive what you actualy mean then,is Nadi Shodhan - a form of breath enhancement used prior to deep meditation..Do you know Pranayama..?..Breath connected to the esential energy of the body..?..Kundalini..?..This is the area you are exploring here..Sometimes,if Iam a little stressed or finding it hard to relax sufficiently to meditate,I will use this technique..Even in its basic form,its quite effective - and in its full form,can be used to clear all manner of energetic,psychological and emotional symptoms..Especialy good for migraines and th elike,but essentially a technique to stimulate the mind - linking Conscious thinking mind,directly to subconscious mind through the control of the breath - a direct gateway to the greater Self,if used correctly..

Sit comfortably with your back straight,shoulders relaxed..Maybe prop against a wall first few times to hold the position..Sit cross legged but comfortable - dont force anyhting.Put your left hand palm upwards,resting on your left knee..Take your right hand,and place the tips of the index finger and middle fingers in between the eyebrows,extending slightly above the brow line about half inch - there is a crucial energetic node here - Ajna - 6th of the primary chakras,known as the 3rd eye,seat of Widom..Slightly press the tips of the fingers against the forehead,and immdeiately sense it start to tingle,place your concentration upon this sensation..Allow the the ring finger and little finger to rest on the left nostril,and the thumb to rest comfortably on the right nostril...

Breathe in through BOTH nostirls,perhaps five or six times - slow and even..Slightly force the breath as you exhale - it should make a gentle sound like wind in a pipe..When you feel relaxed,start the process for proper :

Breathe in deeply - Press your thumb down on the right nostril to close it,and breathe out gently through the left nostril - slow and even..Keep the right nostril closed..Now breathe in from the left nostril and then press the left nostril gently closed..Allow a slight pause,open the right nostril,and breathe out slowly,gently,evenly..Slight pause..Breathe in from the right nostril and exhale from the left..

Repeat that process - perhaos ten or fifteen times - whatever sits comfortable - then swap hands - place right hand right knee,and use left hand to mask the face as described - do a similar number on that side also..

Thats all there is to the basic technique..Works best if you keep the eyes closed,concentrate on what you are doing..If you wish to try this,specifically for energy work,especially working with Kundalini itself,then change the pose slighty - instead of an open palm up - hold the tips of the thumb and forefinger,left hand,touched gently together - this creates a circuit that will compliment and enhance the touch activation of the 3rd eye..

That sensation in the forehad is essential..Dont start the breathng technique properly,until you can notice "something" at the tips of your fingers..I dont want to tel lyou "what" you will notice,for simply,it will be unique to you,your own sensation of your own energy..It may be heat,itchy,tingly,pain even - only you will know,but you WILL know as soon as you feel it..Once you are sure there is activation,even if only slightly felt,then the breathing technique becomes useful..

Try it and see - if nothn gelse,I promise it is really really relaxing,and will give you a good nights sleep afterwards,guaranteed..
Old 06-07-2014, 12:15 PM
aadi007

Hii pete thanks for your reply, sorry for late reply, my internet connection was down, so pete you answered about the breathing yoga, that was not my question. Nadishastra is knowlledge about using the two nadis in your body to enhance your spiritual capabilities. Its actually a secret knowledge mostly hidden from the world. I searched on internet but no info so i posted here.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:11 PM
kumarjitghoshal

Hello aadi007 :) ,
This link might be useful -
http://www.nadishastra.com/

I don't know about this.

In case you are referring to Ida and Pingala nadi as two nadis in our body to enhance spiritual capabilities (as in your above post) .... yes it is a secret way of controlling 49 Bayu in the body (5 are main such as Pran , Apan , Saman , Udan and Bayn)... it is a way to tune human limited consciousness to supreme one.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:29 AM
aadi007

Yep thats the one, i dont believe i miss that. But the info on that site is basic. Its about using for astrology, real application of nadishastra is much more deeper than that