Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-02-2019, 11:02 PM
ImthatIm

I can see LOVE
I can feel LOVE
I can sense LOVE
I came from LOVE
I will return to LOVE
I WILL BE LOVE
I just can't spell LUV
Old 19-02-2019, 02:53 AM
Master

Just as the word is not the thing

Love is not a doing, it is a becoming

Old 19-02-2019, 03:44 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Old 19-02-2019, 04:23 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I can see LOVE
I can feel LOVE
I can sense LOVE
I came from LOVE
I will return to LOVE
I WILL BE LOVE
I just can't spell LUV

ImthatIm,

In my book, congratulations!!!! In my mind you are meeting all the criteria for experiencing God. We are fond of saying that God is love so, for me, any experience of love is an experience of God......:)
Old 19-02-2019, 06:22 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
any experience of love is an experience of God......:)

That's very true and important imo.

And because we're all part of God, love is an experience of our true nature.

If every choice is either born of love or fear, then to choose love is to be who you really are, and to choose fear (one form of which is to attack) is to assume a false self.

Peace, love, joy, wisdom, strength, and power are all an experience of our true nature.

Fear, greed, arrogance, hatred, or lack of love in any form do not reflect what we really are. To experience those things is to be out of touch with one's actual self.
Old 19-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Is it any more becoming than any of the other words that you say it is not? Isnt this just another way of defining it so that we may say we know it?
Old 20-02-2019, 08:08 PM
ImthatIm

I love this one.

Quote:
36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?" 37 He said to him, "'You are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the great and first commandment.

Then this one.

Quote:
39 A second likewise is this, 'You are to love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 The whole Law and the Prophets depend on these two commandments."

Above:Mathew 22: 36-40
From New heart English Bible.

Quote:
Romans 13: 10
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

To me these are the foundation of CHRIST-ianity
Old 20-02-2019, 09:48 PM
janielee

Love isn't a feeling, is it? If it was, it wouldn't be real.
Old 21-02-2019, 12:38 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Love isn't a feeling, is it? If it was, it wouldn't be real.

Good question.
Love is real.( God is Love )

The emotional center where you feel can feel it, but emotions can also be deceived by influences on the emotional state.
Old 21-02-2019, 05:12 AM
janielee

Found a nice quote by Meister Eckart, the German theologian

“For God is really not lovable, since he is above all love and lovableness. How then should one love God? You should love God mindlessly, this is, so that your soul is without mind and free from all mental activities, for as long as your soul is operating like a mind, so long does it have images and representations. But as long as it has images, it has intermediaries, and as long as it has intermediaries, it has neither oneness nor simplicity. And therefore your soul should be bare of all mind and should stay there without mind. For if you love God as he is God or mind or person or picture, all that must be dropped. How then shall you love him? You should love him as he is, a not-God, not-mind, not-person, not-image – even more, as he is a pure, clear One, separate from all twoness. And we should sink eternally from something to nothing into this One. May God help us to do this. Amen.”

from Breakthrough, pg 180 - Meister Eckhart