Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Experiencer
Change in Karma from Spiritual Development

I recently contemplated the idea of someone's karma becoming less harmful due to progressive work in spiritual matters, such as improving one's life and following a spiritual path. I got this idea once I noticed the multiple physical bumps, scratches, and bruises I have been accumulating lately (rather than emotional ones), and after reading Autobiography of a Yogi when Babaji alters one of his disciple's karma:

Quote:
The guru suddenly seized a burning branch and lightly struck the bare shoulder of a chela who was close to the fire. "Sir, how cruel!" Lahiri Mahasaya, who was present, made this remonstrance. "Would you rather have seen him burned to ashes before your eyes, according to the decree of his past karma?" With these words Babaji placed his healing hand on the chela's disfigured shoulder. "I have freed you tonight from painful death. The karmic law has been satisfied through your slight suffering by fire."

Any thoughts on this theory?
Old 16-12-2013, 11:32 PM
ramat

Namasthe

Repentance can really reduce the effects of previous karma as repentance washes away the bad in us. This has been explained in some scriptures. Many religions also advice to practice this. Taking spiritual path or doing good deeds shows that one is actually changing his nature taking away the bad out.
Old 17-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by couuurtp
I recently contemplated the idea of someone's karma becoming less harmful due to progressive work in spiritual matters, such as improving one's life and following a spiritual path. I got this idea once I noticed the multiple physical bumps, scratches, and bruises I have been accumulating lately (rather than emotional ones), and after reading Autobiography of a Yogi when Babaji alters one of his disciple's karma:

Hi Couuurtp .

I know there are many notions to how karmas work (or don't work) that result in our influences had and thus in how we perceive things .

I am at a pivotal point in regards to karma satisfaction, similar to the meaning behind the quote above .

I think many recognise the relevance of sufferings had in life, some might say that sufferings are inevitable but sufferings of others are sufferings for the one that notices them also .

I understand that whatever happens, happens because of something and not by chance . Chance is something random and yet the deeper one understands what unfolds it would not be by chance or by accident .

Anyhow's back to where I am at, there seems to of been a conditioned program that has been running within my awareness that had allowed me to sense others sufferings and not rest until I have helped them in some way .

As many can gather the world is rife of sufferings at present and for the last 15 or so years this has been my pattern of being in awareness . It seemingly has been getting worse by the day so to speak and the people that I consciously help is on overload and there seems no rest-bite .

Just step back one could suggest ... If the program dictates otherwise, it would be like saying to an addict to stop drinking at the drop of a hat, It isn't how it works most of the time .

There is a saying when one has suffered enough will there then be an end to it . This is a point had at this moment in time where I wasn't seeing an end to the misery of my life experience through the sufferings of others . The deep rooted program of not allowing myself to be happy until others are happy .. The overwhelming feeling that I am not allowed to feel the joy of life until everyone else is joyful first .

This has come to a point of late and I had a very very interesting reading with a channel over the weekend who has just herself gone through the same karma transition where one has reached a point of release .

Very damn cool indeed when one begins to understand the connection between how one feels and what karmas are present . I mean it is possible to notice the sufferings had of others and not get deeply affected and it is equally possible to carry the burdens of others upon your shoulders also .

There is a reason for why one does what one does and what one feels in reflection always .

Understanding the reasons behind one's awareness spreads some light on the multi faceted self . Its a coming together of sorts .

I have acknowledged this pivotal point within myself and other aspects regarding certain spiritual energies around me and it's like my awareness is playing catch up all the time being one step behind the play of life .... but one can catch up once one has released what binds them ....

Up to 15 years of sufferings I thought to some degree that was my true nature so to speak, but once there has been release then one could say the same again lol .

I suppose that's why the beyond mind, the beyond the emotional and the mental fields is where one is free, or should I say one is released from their chains .

x daz x
Old 17-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Welcome here couuurtup! Anyone that quotes Yogananda, I just love!

I type this story sometimes here...you willl like this...I have changed it a bit to be
more relatable to Westerners...

A student asks his teacher (a devotee to his guru, see?),
Why did the bad man of the village just find 5 gold coins under the tree,
while the 'good man' of the village just get robbed?
Teacher: Not is all as it seems.
The bad man, because of his past karma, was supposed to find a chest full of gold,
but he has done bad things, so he only found 5 coins.

The 'good man' bec of past karma was supposed to be robbed and hung to die upside down
from that tree...but bec he has changed and has done good things...he was only robbed.

Not is as it seems. ;)

Now, between you an me...the story was actually the bad man neglected attending sat sang.
And by doing so changed his karma....same with the good man...by attending
sat sang his past karma was so changed ...he was only robbed.

Thus, the power of sat sang....and also, repentance and not doing the bad behavior
anymore....that is key...not part of the story...but, i'd like to add, actually learning to stop
the e bad behavior, really 'getting it'...is key to 'moving on' from it.
I personally am taking a long time, lifetimes to learn ONE little lesson...gossip...
I swear one day I AM going to conquer this urge to pass things on...even when true!!
Ha!
( I actually was shown a past life when an elder of the tribe was teaching me, as a male,
'Never have thoughts such as these for anyone."......How long is it going to take me!?
Silly me....)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Experiencer
God-Like your words are inspiring and full of beauty. I cannot imagine having been programmed, as you say, to that degree.

Miss H the Auto is easily becoming one of my favorite reads! I also enjoy the parable you mentioned. Good luck on conquering gossip
Old 19-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Welcome here couuurtup! Anyone that quotes Yogananda, I just love!

I type this story sometimes here...you willl like this...I have changed it a bit to be
more relatable to Westerners...

A student asks his teacher (a devotee to his guru, see?),
Why did the bad man of the village just find 5 gold coins under the tree,
while the 'good man' of the village just get robbed?
Teacher: Not is all as it seems.
The bad man, because of his past karma, was supposed to find a chest full of gold,
but he has done bad things, so he only found 5 coins.

The 'good man' bec of past karma was supposed to be robbed and hung to die upside down
from that tree...but bec he has changed and has done good things...he was only robbed.

Not is as it seems. ;)

Now, between you an me...the story was actually the bad man neglected attending sat sang.
And by doing so changed his karma....same with the good man...by attending
sat sang his past karma was so changed ...he was only robbed.

Thus, the power of sat sang....and also, repentance and not doing the bad behavior
anymore....that is key...not part of the story...but, i'd like to add, actually learning to stop
the e bad behavior, really 'getting it'...is key to 'moving on' from it.
I personally am taking a long time, lifetimes to learn ONE little lesson...gossip...
I swear one day I AM going to conquer this urge to pass things on...even when true!!
Ha!
( I actually was shown a past life when an elder of the tribe was teaching me, as a male,
'Never have thoughts such as these for anyone."......How long is it going to take me!?
Silly me....)

Love it!!!

LOL...I love the story you shared (does this count as "good gossip"? hahaha)

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 19-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Couuurtp .

I know there are many notions to how karmas work (or don't work) that result in our influences had and thus in how we perceive things .

I am at a pivotal point in regards to karma satisfaction, similar to the meaning behind the quote above .

I think many recognise the relevance of sufferings had in life, some might say that sufferings are inevitable but sufferings of others are sufferings for the one that notices them also .

I understand that whatever happens, happens because of something and not by chance . Chance is something random and yet the deeper one understands what unfolds it would not be by chance or by accident .

Anyhow's back to where I am at, there seems to of been a conditioned program that has been running within my awareness that had allowed me to sense others sufferings and not rest until I have helped them in some way .

As many can gather the world is rife of sufferings at present and for the last 15 or so years this has been my pattern of being in awareness . It seemingly has been getting worse by the day so to speak and the people that I consciously help is on overload and there seems no rest-bite .

Just step back one could suggest ... If the program dictates otherwise, it would be like saying to an addict to stop drinking at the drop of a hat, It isn't how it works most of the time .

There is a saying when one has suffered enough will there then be an end to it . This is a point had at this moment in time where I wasn't seeing an end to the misery of my life experience through the sufferings of others . The deep rooted program of not allowing myself to be happy until others are happy .. The overwhelming feeling that I am not allowed to feel the joy of life until everyone else is joyful first .

This has come to a point of late and I had a very very interesting reading with a channel over the weekend who has just herself gone through the same karma transition where one has reached a point of release .

Very damn cool indeed when one begins to understand the connection between how one feels and what karmas are present . I mean it is possible to notice the sufferings had of others and not get deeply affected and it is equally possible to carry the burdens of others upon your shoulders also .

There is a reason for why one does what one does and what one feels in reflection always .

Understanding the reasons behind one's awareness spreads some light on the multi faceted self . Its a coming together of sorts .

I have acknowledged this pivotal point within myself and other aspects regarding certain spiritual energies around me and it's like my awareness is playing catch up all the time being one step behind the play of life .... but one can catch up once one has released what binds them ....

Up to 15 years of sufferings I thought to some degree that was my true nature so to speak, but once there has been release then one could say the same again lol .

I suppose that's why the beyond mind, the beyond the emotional and the mental fields is where one is free, or should I say one is released from their chains .

x daz x

Daz...that's very inspiring and I'm glad to hear it

Thanks for sharing

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 19-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by couuurtp

A very moving tale...and one where great compassion was shown...
may we all be so fortunate

Peace & blessings,
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 20-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ha!
Silly me....)

My life in between my last life and this one I was on a gray planet full of gossipers, lol. I called it the Gray Planet because there was nothing but gray. Gray sky, barren gray ground, no green trees or plants. There were people there that I called the Murmurers (gossipers). They wore gray robes with gray sandals by the way. And that is all they did was gossip. They would come and see me (I lived in a bubble with lush vegetation a cozy cottage and a horse to ride) and walk away murmuring and gossiping. That was why these people were there to fulfill their desire to gossip.
Old 20-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Master

I believe when the lesson is learned the karma is cancelled; it is no longer needed for that particular lesson.