Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-02-2024, 11:26 PM
Seeker

Talking Seeking Insightful Feedback on a Unique Meditation project.

Hello everyone,

I'm Randallrbaker, not new to this community, but this is my first post in years. I am deeply fascinated by the transformative power of meditation, and I'm currently working on a project very close to my heart: a website designed to unite people from across the globe for mass meditation sessions. The aim is to leverage our collective energy to effect positive change worldwide.

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for feedback and insights, not for promotional purposes but to ensure the platform meets the true needs of those interested in meditation. I highly value the community guidelines and wish to respect the fine line between sharing meaningful content and unintended promotion. Therefore, I'm not including a direct link to the website at this stage. Instead, I'm keen to engage in constructive dialogue about the concept.

My previous attempt to gather feedback on Reddit's r/meditation, unfortunately, didn't yield any responses. This has only increased my resolve to seek guidance from a community of like-minded individuals who understand the significance of what I'm trying to achieve.

Here's what I'm eager to learn from you:

Essential features you'd want in a global meditation platform.
Challenges you've encountered with online meditation sessions and your ideal solutions.
Any additional feedback or ideas to help shape this project into a valuable resource for the meditation community.

If the community agrees and it follows our rules, I'm happy to share my website link for feedback. I want to make sure it really helps people, based on what you all think. It's crucial for me to ensure that this platform is built with the community's needs and expectations at its core.

Thank you for considering my request. Your insights could play a pivotal role in creating a space that unites us in meditation, breaking down barriers, and spreading positivity far and wide.

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback.

Warm regards, Randallrbaker
Old 16-02-2024, 11:33 PM
Seeker

My meditation website is designed to connect meditators globally, offering easy-to-follow introductory videos and group meditation circles. We emphasize community through live participation tracking and total meditation minutes. The site features soothing soundscapes and a timer for seamless session transitions. Our aim is to foster worldwide mindfulness and collective energy. If there are any must-have features you believe should be included, please let me know. Your feedback is invaluable as we strive to make this platform as beneficial as possible for our meditation community.
Old 17-02-2024, 02:56 AM
Master
My honest opinion: the meditator who meditates, does not exist, in as a separate entity. Liken it to an actor on stage, so immersed in the role being enacted that he forgets who he really is.

So, in meditation, the limited entity disappears by melding with, merging with universal consciousness. The eternal awareness which always was, is and will be, it becomes the all-that-is in singularity, wherefrom duality arises as a manifestation.

Given this, the activity of group meditation proposed can be redefined as concentration rather than meditation, with a view of amplifying selected vibrations to attain a predetermined egoic goal. Why egoic? Because all doership is egoic. No harm done though but it is jumping from one trance into another.

Now, if the meditation or concentration contemplated were to surrender the activity as well as the outcome to the void, to God, with that innocence, purity and vibrant emptiness as an orientation, in my view it would then become a powerful entreaty, a prayer, a satsang. However, can all participants be in that stage of stillness to begin with, that the auric field is aligned like a laser beam?
Old 17-02-2024, 07:14 AM
Master
If you are going to have a global meditation website it might be best to have everyone meditating at the same time who are in different time zones. So using GMT or Greenwich Mean Time may be a consideration, although having people meditate at different times at their location may also be good.

This is not a new concept; there are many global meditation websites currently online. Besides global meditation websites there are also periodic announcements about people getting together physically to do meditation at their location globally at a prescribed time. Back in the 1970’s and 1980’s various gurus used to do this with their devotees. Also various religions would do a global day of prayer.

On New Years Eve I usually go to a meditation center to meditate with others, which is usually at 4a.m., which may be 12midnight in other places. The first global meditation I attended was back in the 1970’s. You might want to look at some of the existing global meditation websites and see how they operate. Just put global meditation website in your search.
Old 17-02-2024, 07:43 AM
Master
I'm thinking it has to be a metta meditation since it's externalised into the world, but therein lies quite a sublime problem that I think one should understand before undertaking a metta practice.

The issue is, when you have an outlook to the world and you see there's bad things going down, the desire to make it other than it is also the aversion toward those undesirable things, and through that reactive dynamic, your intent has already been determined.

Hence the typical process is undertaking mindfulness meditation to stablise one's equanimity with regards to all phenomena so that one is not misguided into the delusion that apparent good intentions are not but a clever disguise for ill-will that is already emanating from the reactive dynamic.