Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 17-07-2013, 05:43 PM
afarin

Angel1 Confusing spread! Interpretation regarding a new relationship? (Picture included)

Hey guys, I was hoping I might be able to get some more experienced clarification about a tarot spread I got after asking about the mindset of a guy. Basically, I was asking what his current feelings/mindset was about me and if he would talk to me again.

Just quick background info: I met him around a week ago, and he actually initiated the conversation and everything. Anyway, I'm pretty good at reading interaction (I don't try to lie to myself) and we genuinely had an instant connection on both sides. We spoke for hours and hours. A few days later we talked again, and it was still great, and we were both openly flirting and all that ****. I'm now wondering why he isn't initiating a conversation with me again or just being more direct in taking me out, etc.

I asked what his mindset was about me and if he would contact me again, and I duplicated the spread I got in image form for a visual aspect below.

Here's the text format of it as well:

celtic cross:
1 (hidden): Ace of Cups, upright
2: Nine of Swords, upright
3: Four of Cups, reversed
4: Three of Swords, reversed
5: Ace of Swords, reversed
6: Ace of Wands, reversed
7: Knight of Swords, upright
8: Eight of Pentacles, reversed
9: Five of Swords, reversed
10: The Empress, upright

Really appreciate any help!

IMAGE URL:
(I would post the image but it isn't letting me. Says you need 15 posts or more, which I have, so I don't know why it isn't letting me. So here's the URL, just take the spaces out between the link)
s15.postimg. org/m63jn34o9/tarotspread. png
Old 17-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Bellia Morgana

Card 1 - Shows the initial attraction you feel, the stirrings of emotion he has awakened in you.
Card 2 - Nine of Swords is a card of worry and fear, and quite often tells of a situation of stress that may not actually manifest as a real event, and may dwell only in the mind.
Card 3 - With this card being reversed, you are released from the apathy and boredom of everyday life, and have woken up to the cup being offered to you. You are not necessarily hoping for a long-term relationship right now but just someone to entertain you and make you feel alive again.
Card 4 - Someone who has been hurt in the past and finds it hard to trust, but who has started to recover and pick the pieces of their life up again.
Card 5 - Again, this may be someone who still carries the pain of past losses, and may have cut themselves off emotionally for fear of getting hurt again. A negative outlook on love in general.
Card 6 - Brings delays and setbacks to an otherwise promising new beginning. Is your own negative attitude towards romance hindering your progress? As there is miscommunications and crossed wires.
Card 7 - I think this represents the guy in question, and we get an idea here of the type of person he is. He is aloof and intelligent, and tends to be attracted to people that can engage in banter and a good conversation but he takes his time becoming involved with the more *emotional* aspects of a relationship.
Card 8 - Someone who has trouble with commitments and deep attachments. Or who has alot of other things on his mind (work issues) besides romance. 'Out of sight, Out of mind' It can suggest someone who is a bit of a chancer and prepared to take advantage wherever they get the opportunity.
Card 9 - A fear of being hurt or discarded rears its head again.
Card 10 - A positive outcome amidst some very dark sword cards, she says that instead of wasting your energy thinking negative thoughts, pour your energy into something creative, and restore your confidence and self esteem in this way. She does tell of sensual pleasures and sexual encounters also, but these will tend to be more for physical gratification than spiritual enlightenment. Whatever happens, she heralds a period of personal growth.
Old 18-07-2013, 12:33 AM
afarin

Very interesting. I purposely wanted to do the reading as if it was through his mind, so would this cards not relate more to his feelings? Like, I initially read it as his anxieties, worries, etc. because that is the type of reading I purposely engaged in. What do you think?
Old 18-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Bellia Morgana

Quite possibly ... but if so, you may be dealing with someone whose fear of getting hurt is dominating his current relationships with others. If the Empress represents you then your influence could be a positive one. But it could just as easily represent his own mother or a woman in his life who is closely connected to (someone who has children or is pregnant, maybe).

I'm just speculating :)
Old 18-07-2013, 08:00 AM
afarin

Yeah. It's definitely a thought provoking spread. Anyone else have some insight?
Old 21-07-2013, 08:04 PM
spiritspark8

Ace of cups is upright but my concern with three other aces coming up reversed might show somethings not manifesting so there may be a struggle on some levels of communication later, however empress being the outcome shows good potential with this in that he does see you as an ideal.
Old 25-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by afarin
Yeah. It's definitely a thought provoking spread. Anyone else have some insight?

Hi afarin

I think I see what is going on with him. He has a history of communication challenges that eventually surface in his intimate relationships. The 5 of swords as his unexpressed feelings says "we are communicating great now. What happens if I change my mind about something will that cause this relationship to end up like the others?"

The reversals are all his subconscious concerns about the relationship developing with you. As is typical, our memories can influence our expectations.

The 8 of pentacles reversed is how he sees you now, your influence. He is saying to himself "wow she really wants to see something develop materially (physically)." That in turn sets in motion the concerns about communication patterns - "can the dialogue patterns last?" he seems to ask himself.

The outcome looks very nice though! Empress, nurturing, a door. Everything will work out for you two as long as you keep in mind that he has not always had healthy communication patterns in his past. (9 of swords crossing ace cups).

I hope that helps. Blessings!
Mike
Old 26-07-2013, 12:08 AM
afarin

Wow, really great interpretation. Thanks! I actually agree with you. I haven't reached out to him recently though. I figure I should just let him be and put it on him to reach out when he is ready. What do you think?
Old 27-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Knower

DEAR AFARIN

Write him a real letter in the mail, and share whatever is on your heart. That would be a new path with him in communication and then you know you did what you could. I think he would love to hear from you like that!
(I drew the Ace of Pentacles as the outcome card in the celtic cross for you, and that was the idea that spirit suggested I tell you! :)
blessings
Mike