Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-03-2018, 03:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout

What is the will of the Father?

If only we all knew just what Jesus represented?

I realize that we will all have our own interpretation of Jesus and his ministry, but what always stood out to me is his summation of the law: love God and love your neighbours. "There is no commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:31) Another important point he made was that “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27) I understand this to mean that the laws were made for the wellbeing of humanity; humanity was not created to be blind adherents to the law. This is modelled in his actions time and again when he set the needs of those around him above the letter of the law—Jesus healing a man on the Sabbath being an example.
Old 24-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
Jesus taught--One must live now to do his Fathers will --these get to enter his kingdom.( Matt 7:21--
Jesus taught-- Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God. OT-NT it takes years and one still learns new points. -- he( Jesus) meant every teaching he gave to us.

The Bible was written by people who felt close to God but wrote from their own cultures and limited understanding. Regarding the Bible as a rule book weighs believers down with observing rules instead of living freely and growing in love and maturity. Some find comfort in the bible and that's a good thing.... for them, but others find God beyond words, the writers of the Ancient scripts are just trying to explain in stories how they perceived the world around them and how creation began.
Enjoy your bible but don't say it is a ' Rule Book ' that has to be followed word for word otherwise you are doomed....
My God is in a rainbow, a newborn baby, a beautiful sunrise/sunset, I find God in creaton and the miracle of life. Every breath I take comes from the spark of God in me, I don't need a bible, the Kingdom of God is within me.
Old 24-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Newbie ;)

It sounds like there are a lot of passionate interpretations of Jesus and his message here—that's nice to hear! Perhaps we might consider continuing this conversation in a new thread? I would enjoy contributing to such a discussion, but I don't want to do so at the risk of pulling this thread off topic. I think the Holy Spirit gets overlooked too often as it is—it would be a shame to have this conversation overtaken, too.
Old 24-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Newbie ;)

I am curious—does anyone here have any strong thoughts about whether the Holy Spirit and the Shekinah are connected concepts? I am used to hearing the Shekinah being interpreted as the indwelling or presence of God, usually referred to as a feminine aspect. As there has already been some discussion of the feminine attributes of the Holy Spirit, I would be interested in hearing any thoughts on this matter. (A quick online search can provide more context; sorry, but as a newbie, I cannot share links to provide resources.)
Old 25-03-2018, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. H. Lillie
I realize that we will all have our own interpretation of Jesus and his ministry, but what always stood out to me is his summation of the law: love God and love your neighbours. "There is no commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:31) Another important point he made was that “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27) I understand this to mean that the laws were made for the wellbeing of humanity; humanity was not created to be blind adherents to the law. This is modelled in his actions time and again when he set the needs of those around him above the letter of the law—Jesus healing a man on the Sabbath being an example.

Hi Lillie, I love your insights. Thanks for bringing your views to light.

I like it, it resonates with me...
Old 25-03-2018, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. H. Lillie
I am curious—does anyone here have any strong thoughts about whether the Holy Spirit and the Shekinah are connected concepts? I am used to hearing the Shekinah being interpreted as the indwelling or presence of God, usually referred to as a feminine aspect. As there has already been some discussion of the feminine attributes of the Holy Spirit, I would be interested in hearing any thoughts on this matter. (A quick online search can provide more context; sorry, but as a newbie, I cannot share links to provide resources.)

Well taken from wiki, this is what it presents..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shekhinah

I have never heard of it, it's interesting. Need to look further, thanks for sharing this.

I have always felt the Holy Spirit as divine inspiration, truly has a feminine quality, loving, compassionate, peaceful. However I need to be aligned, she? only comes when I have been truly searching for Gods light. A Prayer/Christ-centered life is essential!

Grace, on the other hand, can come to anyone at any time, they are not the same thing the way I have experienced them in my life.

You should open a new thread on Shekhinah. Perhaps I will if you don't..

I am rediscovering the Christ in my life... again and again.
Old 25-03-2018, 01:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Bible was written by people who felt close to God but wrote from their own cultures and limited understanding. Regarding the Bible as a rule book weighs believers down with observing rules instead of living freely and growing in love and maturity. Some find comfort in the bible and that's a good thing.... for them, but others find God beyond words, the writers of the Ancient scripts are just trying to explain in stories how they perceived the world around them and how creation began.
Enjoy your bible but don't say it is a ' Rule Book ' that has to be followed word for word otherwise you are doomed....
My God is in a rainbow, a newborn baby, a beautiful sunrise/sunset, I find God in creaton and the miracle of life. Every breath I take comes from the spark of God in me, I don't need a bible, the Kingdom of God is within me.

The bible is Gods words revealed to us and wherein the preparation of the coming Christ... a history book of sorts too.. lol.

God is also witnessed in creation and the miracle of life. God is truly everywhere.!

Jesus is the biblical .... fulfillment, He was here!

But good goly miss moly, it's such a mystery, for those with eyes and hearts... to see?
Old 25-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Master
'The bible is Gods words revealed to us and wherein the preparation of the coming Christ... a history book of sorts too.. lol.'

It is if you perceive it to be but not everyone see's the same as you.

' good goly miss moly, it's such a mystery, for those with eyes and hearts... to see?'

I see with my eyes but FEEL with my 💟.
Old 25-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for your kind words, Nowayout. I think your idea for a Shekinah thread is a good one. I can try to start one when I get a chance, but if you beat me to it, no worries! :)
Old 25-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'The bible is Gods words revealed to us and wherein the preparation of the coming Christ... a history book of sorts too.. lol.'

It is if you perceive it to be but not everyone see's the same as you.

' good goly miss moly, it's such a mystery, for those with eyes and hearts... to see?'

I see with my eyes but FEEL with my ��.

So your view is not truly Christian as it seems to me.

That's fair enough, I believe in Jesus, the resurrection and the life to come.

You don't believe in the Christ, that's fine, but why do you keep pushing a non-Christian agenda in a Christian thread, it beats me...

The heart and it's love is a good thing, no doubt, athiest get that much too.

I have Faith in Jesus. I like to read the bible, it's been inspired by the Holy Spirit.

The thread reads, confusion about the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe...sky 123.. that Jesus was the Son of God.?