Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 02-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Experiencer
To be able to deal with "difficult" people

Hello,

I need some affirmations to help me to get on with people I don't like or that don't like me.
I need some harmony again :)

Thanks

Flora

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 PM
earthprowler

you're not always going to like everyone you meet nor are they always going to like you. you can't force the issue. and sometimes you just stop liking people you are friendly with for one reason or another, things in yourself change all the time.

maybe just an affirmation for your self to bring harmony in to yourself would benefit more.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Suspended
Flora,
I agree with EarthProwler. We're all changing - so it's good to keep open-minded.
Recently, after a difficult encounter with a person with difficult tendancies - I wrote about it...

Caring is good, but 1st priority is caring for self. If you are caring & open-minded, being around people will influence you. Some are more easily influenced than others, depending on:
1. How self-secure you are & how you care for yourself.
2. Trust &/or expectations. ie...If you expect someone to be encouraging when he/she has a pattern of being discouraging then you're banging your head against a wall, wishing/expecting it to become a door. Part of caring for self is establishing boundaries with people until they change (don't hold your breath) or until you become stronger in relating to them in assertive, healthy ways & you feel peace around them. So expectations & trust (in the form of physical or emotional boundaries) must be appropriate. That way, when people act rudely, it's not taken personally because you already knows that's the other person's pattern of behavior.

With that in mind... here are a few affirmations...
I am surrounded by love.
I enjoy people & find the best in them.
I come from the loving space of my heart & know that love opens new possibilities.
I rejoice in the love I encounter every day.
I was born to learn to love myself more & to share that love with people around me.
I am open to receiving & extending love.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Experiencer
Thanks you two
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
you're not always going to like everyone you meet nor are they always going to like you. you can't force the issue.

With most I don't want to force the issue - especially when I don't like them. But you cant always keep away from people you don't like. If you've got to work with or even for them, you have to cope and can't run away from the situation or try to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
maybe just an affirmation for your self to bring harmony in to yourself would benefit more.
I'll try one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Caring is good, but 1st priority is caring for self. If you are caring & open-minded, being around people will influence you. Some are more easily influenced than others, depending on:
1. How self-secure you are & how you care for yourself.
You know I feel very quickly if someone is not good for me and there are a lot of occasions where I leave because I don't feel secure enough e.g.
But I'm also one for avoiding situations because I fear that it might get to me in some way... which of course is not very helpful. So I try to get on somehow, try to convince myself that there are things I just have to do, even if I don't want to.

Cheers
Flora

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 AM
papadan

People can seem to give us difficulty from time-to-time. They are usually temporary in our life, by the scale of things.

One little thing I do, when dealing with what I call an 'unaware' person, is to say a prayer to the Angels to help them become aware.
It works for me.

Remember, it is not other people that cause particular feelings in us. It is OUR REACTION to their words or actions that causes us comfort or discomfort.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Master
Leave it in God's hands, bless them, send them away with love, and let God take care of it.
I find that by blessing them and seeing them in your mind's eye moving away from you with love from you is the best. EG I have a boss I dont' like but everytime she annoys me I shower her with love and let her be and leave it in God's lap and I don't let it get to me it seems to work.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Ciqala

The ability to deal with difficult people, is probably one of the most enlightening things, that will change your life for the greater good, thus i say, strive for it indeed.
As you may already know, it takes much self awareness, being kind and loving to the self first and foremost, before your ability is able to touch others. Loving SELF is the first thing you must accomplish, with that, comes the magical universal view changing of your outlook towards everything in your surroundings, and every person that is in your world.
With SELF AWARENESS in general, will come the amazing ability to be okay with negative things that pop up.

It is much more than just affirmations, it takes meditation time, to become relaxed, content within yourself, viewing your thoughts surroundings. I mean, i was even able to transform my Seasonal Affective (is that the word for it?) Disorder, by self awareness of my hatred of gloomy and cold weather, and then, i was able to develop a liking towards snow and darkness. I did not even practice affirmations, i simply developed such awareness, that i became okay with everything horrible, from there, i began to see the beauty in everything.

You may have heard, that the things we do not like in ourselves, are a mirror of what we do not like in others.

Anyways, now that you know that, i will give you some positive affirmations, to help your journey along of dealing with hostile and annoying folks, you can change them up to suit your style, i'm just putting them in notes. These are some of the ones i used on a regular basis, it's now to the point it is ingrained, and i am able to finally be enlightened enough to deal with anyone that crosses my path.

I am humble.
All of us are One, and part of this world.
I view everyone as if they are my relatives.
I treat my enemy as if he is sick and wounded.
I view the one who has hurt me, as he is sick and wounded.
I believe the universe is friendly.
I believe all people are loving creatures.
(once you understand that statement above, you will notice, that even the most hostile rude people, once you are truly loving and honest with them, will open up, and you will see a beautiful side to them.)
I see the beauty in every person.
Once you understand this above statement, you can even, do tasks, like finding someone you think is flawed, and picking out all the good things about them.

As for getting people to like you... that lies in self love, again, you need affirmations for confidence. Once you empower your confidence, and love yourself, people will see your beauty and strength, you will become powerful enough that people will see it, and you will know it. If not, you will have the ability to not care what they think.
Don't worry about sounding conceited, we all need to boost our confidence. Personally, i had my family, friends, write a list of things they liked about me, because at first i couldn't pick out anything to compliment myself on.
You use all of those things, for affirmations.

Things, such as,
I am beautiful. My legs are amazing...
More socially,
I am the life of the party, people can feel my energetic waves, and I magnetize amazing (or whatever type of) people into my life. You may want to do just that (magnetize people you are okay with) into your life.
Or even walking into public, think "oh i know they are all staring at me because i am so beautiful, and they can just feel how awesome i am."
But you see, the people you can't deal with, that don't like you, need something to go by. If you are sending out resentful waves towards them, of course they won't like you. But if you work on loving yourself, it will make things a lot better, and most of the time, you will realize some of the people that didn't like you, you only thought they didn't like you.

I used to be a very hostile person, very judgmental, hated all living things, and also diagnosed as a sociopath, but not anymore, because all of this has worked for me, thus if it worked for me, it can work for anyone i'm pretty sure.

However, i can see a little where the other commenters stand by, because especially with my spiritual path, i have come to a sense and understanding that "ignorance" is not very helpful all the time. We need to find a balance, thus taking time away from nuisances, can be very self healing as well. Doing things that you love, and surrounding yourself with things and people you do love, is very good. But of course, we all have to learn to be loving towards those we hate.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:35 PM
mistyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Leave it in God's hands, bless them, send them away with love, and let God take care of it.
I find that by blessing them and seeing them in your mind's eye moving away from you with love from you is the best. EG I have a boss I dont' like but everytime she annoys me I shower her with love and let her be and leave it in God's lap and I don't let it get to me it seems to work.
Spiritlite.

spiritlite, I really like this post as it is something I have been doing lately myself.. Instead of getting worked up, feeling the victim or just over analysing myself and other peoples relationships I just 'let go and let God'.. have read this for years yet I am only paying attention now I take my time lol
Old 06-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Master
all of the above are good, i would suggest visualizing pink around them as well, well you can try it a psychic suggested this on her show. Personally if I don't like someone I will ignore them and aviod the bad energy, if that's not doable i call them out lol