Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 14-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Docha

Numerology Birth and Married name comparison (Saxon)

Well The numbers are in...lol

Remember I do this just for kicks, but find it works. I have stopped presenting the idea to die hard numerologists because they all tell me I am wrong and it can't be true etc. The thing is, women choose to take on a married name (or not) when they decide to get married. It would work on the same concept of a name change. The new name starts to influence the path as well... so this is what got me curious.

I am only going to post my numbers, doing multiple may get far too long. I will leave out the things in regards to the birthday, as the birthday numbers don't change even if one gets married.

*I use western based numerology as well, as I haven't mastered eastern. But would assume it would work on the same premise.

Docha's Birth Name:
Expression number (full Name) - 6
Soul Urge (vowels)- 3
Inner Dreams (consonants) - 2
Karmic Lessons - 3 and 6

Docha's Married Name:
Expression - 5
Soul Urge - 7
Inner Dreams - 8
Karmic Lessons - 6 and 7

Now to highlight the personality of a 6:

Direction of growth in your lifetime will be toward a greater sense of responsibility, love, and balance. Development in life must make you more helpful, conscientious, and capable of rectifying and balancing any sort of inharmonious situation. You must be a person very much inclined to give help and comfort to those in need. You have a natural penchant for working with the old, the young, the sick, or the underprivileged.

The positive side of the number 6 suggests that you are very loving, friendly, and appreciative of others. You have a depth of understanding that produces much sympathetic, kindness, and generosity.

If there is an excess of the number 6 in your makeup, you may exhibit some of the negative traits associated with this number. This can include stubbornness, self-righteousness, or dominance. There may be a tendency for you to be too exacting and demanding of yourself, too. In this regard, you may at times sacrifice yourself (or your loved ones) for the welfare of others. Many with the Destiny of the number 6 worry much too much. In some cases, the over zealous 6 has difficulty distinguishing helping from interfering.

(stealing from astrology-numrology.com it's easier to copy and paste)

This description fits the core of me, as in this is what I was like as a teen, and early adulthood. I still tend to fall to these personality traits but they are not a full description of who I am now.

My name as it is now: (married)

5 Destiny suggests that the direction of growth in your lifetime will be toward becoming a harbinger of change, freedom, and progressive thought and action. The number 5 Destiny potentially endows you with the wonderful characteristic of multi-talents and versatility. You must develop in ways allowing you to do so many things well. The tone of the number 5 is the constructive use of freedom, and in your drive to attain this freedom, you must be the master of adaptability and change.

As you mature, you must become good at presenting ideas and knowing how to approach people to get what you want. Naturally, this will give you an edge in any sort of selling game and spells easy success when it comes to working with people in most jobs. Whatever you do, you have the capacity to be clever, analytical, and a very quick thinker.

You must learn to accept changes as they come along and avoid clinging to the outdated. Avoid rebellion, and focus on enlightenment and progression thinking that will benefit mankind. You life is broadened by gaining an understanding and an appreciation of all kinds of people.

If there is too much of the 5 energy in your makeup or if you develop negatively, the negative side of the number may appear. Your restless and impatient attitude may keep you from staying with any project for too long. Sometimes you can be erratic and scatter yourself and your energies. You have a hard time keeping regular office hours and maintaining any sort of a routine. As clever as you are, you may have a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over again. Much of your response to such errors is glib reaction rather that thoughtful application.
I do find that before I was married my longing was for a stable relationship and peace and harmony in the home. NowI long for freedom and definitely am focusing on enlightenment and all that...lol hence I am here.

My soul urge:

With a 3 Soul Urge, you gain a sense of contentment when you engage in creative endeavors. Exercising your verbal or writing talents to gain status in your environment makes you feel good about yourself. Social interaction and just having a good time produces a sense of fulfillment.

I love to write - I will always love to write, I enjoy drawing, painting etc. creative endeavors are a part of who I am and always will be.

After I changed my name:

With a 7 Soul Urge, you have a strong inner need to gain a spiritual sense about the world around you. You have an inborn appreciation for nature and the wonders of the world around you. Fulfillment comes with being able to spend time in solitude and in seeking wisdom.

lol....I don't need to further explain this part.

Inner dreams: secret desire or fantasy.

2...You dream of close and meaningful relationships, cooperation with those around you; family and friends. You want to be a peacemaker and mediator. You present an image that you are a very pliable and easygoing person who would be very easy to get along with.

very much me as a child/young adult again. This is how many see me.

8...You dream of success in the business or political world, of power and control of large material endeavors. You crave authority and recognition of executive skills. Your secret self may have very strong desire to become an entrepreneur.

This is true, I have tossed around the idea of different business prospects etc. I became very much more material goal orientated after I married, however its starting to fall off again now that I am single. I may try to publish my writings or perhaps do astrology/numerology/tarot things for profit etc.

Notice the Karmic lesson's change as well. The site I copied doesn't include karmic lessons. I can't recall what my book says, as I don't have it with me at the moment I can only relay what I remember.

3- karmic lesson had to do with being in the public eye. A very difficult thing for me, giving speaches etc. I couldn't do well. But I was always somehow stuck doing things that had all eyes on me.......until I got married. The day I got married was the last time I was forced to be the center of attention. Interesting no?

6- karmic lesson is about relationships and learning how to be romantically involved, I have yet to find a person that takes away my karmic 6, if I were to take on their last name. Also very interesting to note.

7- Karmic lesson is about dreams, success I think if I recall, maybe self discipline to master something. Notice how this ties in with the 5 personality I now seem to take on as well. - I also lose this if I choose to go back to my maiden name.

I have tossed around the idea of going back to my maiden name now. Just to see how things would change yet again. But - I very well could get married again and the playing field would change yet again.

*I have found two men who I have befriended and done charts with as well, if I took either of their last names I would stay exactly the same in my chart. No numbers would change at all.

So it's not a matter of multiple personalities to me, but an added layer to who I have become. In reverse it would be the same for my ex husband, as he gained things from me as well, except his personality when it comes to numerology was the stronger of the two, he didn't opt to change his name. So the lessons gained and things would be less obvious to acquaintances and more so to close friends and family.

If you take it a bit further and trade names of friends you may be able to pick out the things each brings out in the other. Though the personality traits would only be apparent when with that particular friend.

It's just something I played with over time. It's kind of like doing the synestry and comparison charts in astrology. I thought it very cool anyway.
Old 15-08-2011, 09:38 AM
saxon

I forgot. Can you please post your dob and the year you got married?
Old 15-08-2011, 03:50 PM
numerouno

Personally I suspect when a woman takes her husband's surname can cause devorce , I noticed months after marriage they go through a change. Some women are depressive and husband sometimes says : she is not the woman I married.

He doesn't know that is very own surname maybe the cause.
Old 15-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Docha

I know I changed after I got married.

5/18/1975 = 9 Lifepath/destiny (the changes make sense according to the destiny)
11/7/1971 = 9 (his)

5/18/1997 = 22/4 personal year me
11/7/1997 = 8 personal year for him

10/18/1997 = 9 married ( endings, lol bad choice of date)

According to numerology, astrology etc. My husband and I were a good match. (Once I took his name more so...lol) I don't hold on tight to the ideas of it. Obviously its not set in stone. I find it extremely interesting though that to change my name to other possible intrests, the numbers as they are now don't change. So likely I wouldn't 'surprise' many others. Lol

If you take nicknames and shortened first names of people you also get the basic premise of their personality within their close friendships.

Docha = 4 so a four personality may come accross to others on the forums. Though that would be missleading, its the view others may see.

I started getting interested in astrology first, numerology was to basic for my tastes so I started playing with all the possible personality layers.
Old 16-08-2011, 01:46 PM
saxon

I was a bit quick on my reason for not using the married name. You hit the nail right on the head with the growth we experience in these situations. Where I find a major issue with the name switch, is you could "erase" a karmic lesson with a new name, then "lose" it again if you divorce. I'll elaborate using your chart as an example. Other points of friction... why would marriage be the only type of relationship changing the deal? If we choose not to marry and go for a civil union or stick to BF/GF because one's not sure about a stronger commitment, aren't we going to experience exactly the same situations, joy, conflicts, that are going to foster similar growth in us? Same is true for all the people we get to spend quality/significant time with in our life. Family, friends, co-workers. I don't see why a husband should be singled out. There's also that it incidentally creates gender inequality as the man doesn't get any chart upgrade. And of course, without it, he's still going to grow or at least experience a lot of different opportunities to work on his issues through the relationship. So all this factored in, I'd rather look for room for change on the natal chart only.

While we're still on a theoretical level, part of the seeming upgrade effect from a new name can be explained with Karma lessons. Since the point of life is growth, it's important to look at the Karmic chart as hole meant to be filled. Suppose you have a 1 missing... the lesson is to become more assertive and self reliant. So it's not surprising to attract a partner with a decent number of 1's for sparring purposes. You're going to get your fill of 1's thanks to him if you work out your new chart, but that's just cosmetics. Whether you end up acquiring the 1 energy you needed will depend on how willing you are to grab the bull by the horns. If you happen to divorce, give up your husband's name, but realized you had to stand up for yourself at some point and built on it, the 1 energy will virtually be yours even if you lost some 1's on your updated chart.

On to your chart...

"I do find that before I was married my longing was for a stable relationship and peace and harmony in the home. NowI long for freedom"

You have a 5 challenge from 28 to 36 that could account for that

"With a 7 Soul Urge, you have a strong inner need to gain a spiritual sense about the world around you. You have an inborn appreciation for nature and the wonders of the world around you. Fulfillment comes with being able to spend time in solitude and in seeking wisdom. (...) definitely am focusing on enlightenment and all that...lol hence I am here. "

I don't think what you're feeling matches 7's vibes. 7 has a lot in common with Aquarian. Even on a good day, it's aloof, not very sociable. I'm not getting this sort of energy from you. What you describe is a lot more like 9's Piscean traits, which are on a similar level regarding spirituality.The reason I think you noticed it recently is your 3 Karmic lesson that has to do with nurturing our inner child, getting in touch with who we truly are. I'd say it took your marriage to awaken it fully because of your 3 Heart's Desire (Soul Urge) that kept you afloat but failed to reached your core until then.

"8...You dream of success in the business or political world, of power and control of large material endeavors. You crave authority and recognition of executive skills. Your secret self may have very strong desire to become an entrepreneur.This is true, I have tossed around the idea of different business prospects etc. I became very much more material goal orientated after I married, however its starting to fall off again now that I am single. I may try to publish my writings or perhaps do astrology/numerology/tarot things for profit etc."

I see it in your cycles instead. You have a 4/builder 2nd Pinnacle, supported by a 9 life path period and all this will bloom into a 9 Pinnacle and 1 challenge in a couple of years. It would nicely fit preparing for your dream/goal of a freelance spirituality-related job.

"3- karmic lesson had to do with being in the public eye. A very difficult thing for me, giving speeches etc. I couldn't do well. But I was always somehow stuck doing things that had all eyes on me.......until I got married. The day I got married was the last time I was forced to be the center of attention. Interesting no?"

That would be more the kind of influence we'd get from a pinnacle or personal year being linked to external events. Here, I'd see the influence of the 5 personal year in the final part of your 5 1st Pinnacle that kicked in a few weeks after the wedding.

"6- karmic lesson is about relationships and learning how to be romantically involved, I have yet to find a person that takes away my karmic 6, if I were to take on their last name. Also very interesting to note."

You've known the only person that could take away your Karmic 6 for over 3 decades. If you get to the core of 6, the lessons are about service, commitment, balance, duty, healing... There's a pattern you need to identify in you that leads you to expect others to trigger some quick fix in you. When I was typing earlier, I felt a strong dark energy blocking your yellow chakra. Something that points right to your 3 and 6 Karmic lessons. Another thing I have to relay to you is you're being held back by resentment which you've been trying to soothe by keeping it at bay. I'm not told if it's your husband or something that occurred earlier and got reactivated by him, and it's none of my business. As long as you don't let go and find the energy in you forgive, it's going to hinder your search for enlightenment. The healing process is what will take you there more than any further intellectual research on spiritual matters anyway.

"According to numerology, astrology etc. My husband and I were a good match. "

I always cringe a little inside when reading about synastry because it misleads people into having expectations that are often bond to fail. It's very natural to wish for happiness and compatibility but it's often more beneficial to have bumps and tension to bring our issue out to the surface. Which is what we get a lot of in our early years.
Old 16-08-2011, 03:28 PM
numerouno

What is the meaning of a 0 challenge.

A person born on a 5th day on the 5th month his first challenge = 0

Is 0 the same as 9 far as challenge is concerned.

Secondly what if we have minus figure (-3) when finding out a person' challenge.
Old 16-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Docha

I'm sorry I would quote and address each point but being limited to using my smart phone makes that really difficult.
So I will try to respond without skipping things.

First, I want to point out, that in charting changed names I am not assuming one becomes a completely different person. I'm not assuming it changes the core or birthchart. Its an added layer to insights of the personality.

My view on karmic lessons according to astrology or numerology is they are not set in stone. These are lessons or experiences that can come and go. Hence karma can be cleared or not. Perhaps even thought to be cleared than come back. It all depends on your view of karma and how it works. Perhaps changing karma to lesson would be more fitting. Karma seems to imply destiny that I have a personal issue with.

Marriage is not the only way in which a chart could change. Name changes of any kind could ne applied in the same way. I know plenty of men who have changed their last name legally. Civil partners have legally changed one's last name to match the other without marriage being involved. I've also mentioned briefly nick names and just trading names temporarily with friends also seems to work on the premise of seeing different personality dynamics within personal relationships.

Men not getting a chart upgrade would be a matter of free will. There are men who choose to take their wives last name
It would work the same for them. The thing is, the name change allows for the free will to be consideted in a chart to my way of thinking. One should not ignore the birth chart with the new chart but add it for a bit more insight. Kind of like a progression chart with astrology.

What amuses me some is that you point out the places in my chart that the same insights would hold true. My married chart does not change those things from my birthchart just brings them upfront. Makes them more visable so to speak.

I understand why you cringe when the charts say...lol that was my point. Its why I will draw a chart and throw it away. They don't account for soul growth and life experience. Its a glimpse to understand a person not the end all be all.

Name changes, nick names, and things like that, add to the dynamic of the personality for me. Its added insights. Not meant to replace. If used as a basic guide it seems to be quite helpfull.

According to both astrology and numerology, my core personality is friendly and sociable. How ever I do cycle and pull back from the world and introspect on my own as well. I do become aloof and introverted. People wear on me. Neither of my charts account for that aspect..but my married chart would...

There are so many different aspects to one person's personality that a straight birthchart misses. Its just a more open approach to these things. Not cut and dry.

I had someone tell me once it doesn't work because if it applies to one it applies to all. The thing is it does apply to all because its the power of choice. I didn't have to take my husbands name. I chose to. My husband could have chose to take my name instead, he chose not to. Its only unbalanced because of free will. Which is the main problem in any chart anyway.

Its a different perspective. If one finds it confuses and doesn't help when reading for others then I should be disregarded. Its as much of what the reader is comfortable with as it is the seeker.

Thank you for your response and consideration of it though. :) I usually get told I'm wrong end of story. Lol I probably am wrong but haven't had anyone who asks me to look give me negative feedback. Infact quite often they say 'that makes sense!' As it makes things a little more clear to them. But I do it for fun, not to change anything. Its up to them what they do with the information.