Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Neville

Not entirely all you.

taking into consideration the possibility of soul division based upon population growth and indeed the possibility of new souls in a creational production line. Is it possible that (assuming we are not one of the all new souls,) that we can leave a bit of our soul or rather who we were in a previous life in the spirit realm?

How much of a foot hold has my soul got in this existence? Are old souls diluted and just a littlepeice of the soul they once they were?

If you attempt to answer, congratulations because this stuff seems one of my imponderables
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Neville

Quote:
Even when you are incarnate, the greater part of you remains in spirit form.

Enya, this is a possibility that has occurred to me too.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Medium_Laura

From what I can understand, and it's difficult for our human brains to even get 1/10th of the concepts of the spirit world. (so my guides tell me...lol) That we, this incarnation are a fragment of a whole. Therefore, we can, incarnate in many lives. So yes, we can be in the past and now as well (they tell me time is not linear, but more like a pancake stack). So shards of our collective soul can be in many different times at once. This concept also brings me to "twin souls". Where you can actually meet your own fragment (male or female) and feel an immediate connection (love or just platonic). Then when this body is done.. we all gather back to our soul in the Other World and blend.. then back out again to learn more.

They tell me there are 7 levels of hiarchy of the soul. Our soul goal is to reach 7 which is where we blend into the God-head :)
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Neville

Thankyou Laura,

I find it genuinely interesting and quiet possible that a different aspect of my soul is occupying another time/plane.Sometimes, rarely, I don't feel my usual self or act out of character(whatever that is). At these times, If I am not being me. Who am I being ? more to the point , If a person is not their usual self..Who are they ?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
taking into consideration the possibility of soul division based upon population growth and indeed the possibility of new souls in a creational production line. Is it possible that (assuming we are not one of the all new souls,) that we can leave a bit of our soul or rather who we were in a previous life in the spirit realm?

How much of a foot hold has my soul got in this existence? Are old souls diluted and just a littlepeice of the soul they once they were?

If you attempt to answer, congratulations because this stuff seems one of my imponderables

This works for me - http://www.lobsangrampa.org/overself.html

There was a thread about Parallel Lives as opposed to Past Lives. If Spirit has no concept of time then that makes sense. However, to me that raises the question of if that is the case, what happens with the Soul? So if we have - say - ten Parallel/Past Lives, does the Soul jump between all of those Lives in turn or can it cope with being a part of all ten Lives at the same time? One thing I've learnt from Past/Parallel Lives is that there's a very common thread happening, and I'm a variation on a theme. Slightly different hair colour perhaps but the same look in my eyes. My character has been close to the same as well, within the realms of having different backgrounds and experiences.

I believe I am an aspect of a Spirit - or at least my Soul is. It's like how Lobsang Rampa describes the Overself. Based on that, Neville, then it's more than possible that each Soul - being an aspect of that Spirit/Overself - would be variations on a theme. That would account for perceived similarities across Spirit and Lifetimes. It would be like building a clone from your arm or leg that would be individual in its own right but still be connected to your body.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Neville

Somewhat interestingly and perhaps relevant to this question is a thread on Monad Souls

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ht=Monad+Souls
Old 03-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Experiencer
I have asked my guides a good few questions around this subject and I think Laura is entirely correct that much of the way spirit works is beyond our comprehension as physical beings, such as the ability to split our soul into multiple parts (though it would be nice if we physical beings could do that - I might actually get some work done ).

They have told me that one of the purposes of having multiple incarnations - among many - is to experience ourselves as different people and so, when we return to the spirit world, we can choose our own identities in a very powerful and meaningful way. Because we have experienced many, often opposing, personalities, views, experiences, appearances, we know which of these aspects resonate with us most powerfully and are able to build our most real self our of all the pieces which feel best. Usually when we return from Earth to the spirit realm we remain in the form and personality we had in our last lifetime for a while, but in time we return to the whole self and understanding of everything we have been before. Older souls seem to make this adjustment more quickly, while younger ones might remain as their last incarnation until they enter a new one.

I know what you mean about not feeling yourself. I spent much of this lifetime not understanding who I was - I felt that I was not being "me" at all but I had no idea who "me" was. Seeking spiritual understanding has helped me find that person and understand why I felt the way I did; my higher self deliberately chose a lifetime and personality unlike those most comfortable for it because there is such learning potential inherent in that dissonance.

Older souls are not diluted. Quite the opposite. With every new lifetime they grow fuller in knowledge, experience, and strength of personality, because with new experiences they grow more certain in the knowledge of what is truly the essence of themselves.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Summerland

This can be SOOOOOOOO confusing..... I have heard of parallel lives and understand the concept; however that would mean that our soul would need to split into fragments for all the multiverse versions of us. And what about the Shamans who do soul retrieval for fragmented souls? If a multi-verse us dies, what happens to that fragment ? (ever see "Time Cop"?)
This whole concept makes my head spin.
What if most of the souls that were created in the very beginning, have decided to pick this era to reincarnate ?
Then on the third or fourth hand,maybe there is absolutely NO WAY that we are meant to understand all of it? Even the scientists have realized that as soon as they think that they have found a definitive answer, all that happens is that more questions are presented. They cannot find any absolutes. How can we find absolutes to non-concrete questions?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Dilchannan

Maybe the soul doesn't play by the same rules as we do with time/space here on Earth.

It might be possible to be in two, three, four, 25 different places at once without being fractured, split, etc...
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
Maybe the soul doesn't play by the same rules as we do with time/space here on Earth.

It might be possible to be in two, three, four, 25 different places at once without being fractured, split, etc...

Like I said, I have enough to do trying to figure out what I already know of past lives, this life, in between lives and being in Summerland. I don't know if my wee brain can hold much more I try to absorb the multiverse idea and can ALMOST get it, but my soul getting all divided up; people may not be so wrong when they say that someone is a scattermind~~~~~~~~~