Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
mattstar

Interest in Crystals

When i was little i used to have a couple of amethyst stones as i liked the look and feel of them - but they got left behind many many years ago.

Im reasonably new to my spiritual awakening and have found that my interest in crystals has grown somewhat.
In addition to the crystals i meditate/channel daily with the view to trying to contact/get to know my guides and i also use the runes from time to time as i feel these have great benefit in my perspective on certain issues.

Ive been looking at all sorts or crystals and their properties and am looking for a little guidance.

Ive got a small list of about 10 stones which i feel may be useful to me based on their qualities but wonder if this is too many to have and whether their are certain stones which should not be combined with others?

What im trying to use them for is to enhance my ability to channel my spirit guides, increase my vibrational energy, assist with psychic development, enhance clairaudience/voyance and also one day hopefully try and commincate with loved ones who have passed over.

My list which i feel may be of use is Amethyst (which i have) Blue Tigers eye, azeztulite, Honey calacite, Lavender quartz, Rainforest Rhyolite, shuttcukite, lapis lazula.

I have read that certain stones can be used on certain chakras - for example the brow - does this mean the stone is put DIRECTLY onto that position?

Any guidance is grealy appreciated.

have a fabulous day!

Last edited by mattstar : 05-01-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
kundalini

Hi Mattstar,

I have worked with crystals for some time now. I do not believe that there are any combinations of crystals which are dangerous to use. Having said that, I tend to only use 1-2 crystals each time I use them. Certain stones should only be used on certain chakra points though. Although off the top of my head I can only identify some of the crystals that you work with and their corresponding chakra points:

Amethyst - Brow and/or Crown Chakra
Blue Tiger's Eye - Probably Throat Chakra, due to it's colour. I'll mention more about this in just a second.
Honey Calcite - Possibly Solar Plexus Chakra.
Lapis Lazuli - Throat and Brow Chakra.

Now about the colour of a crystal...you can usually identify which Chakra a crystal should be used upon by the colour of it. This is because traditionally each Chakra has a particular colour associated with it. These are given below:

Root Chakra - Red
Sacral Chakra - Orange
Solar Plexus Chakra - Yellow
Heart Chakra - Green and Pink
Throat Chakra - Blue
Brow Chakra - Violet or Indigo
Crown Chakra - Indigo or White

So, were you to have a Red Jasper but did not know which Chakra it should be used on, you would now know by it's red colour that it is a crystal designated for working with the Root Chakra. There are a few exceptions to that rule but they are few and far between.

It's good that you are using crystals to enhance your ability to channel your spirit guides, increase your vibrational energy, assist with psychic development, enhance clairaudience/voyance and also one day hopefully to try and commincate with loved ones who have passed over. However, please remember that although these are all qualities mainly associated with developing the higher chakras - throat, brow and crown - that it is also vitally important you work with your lower chakras too - root, sacral and solar plexus - as well as your balancing chakra - heart. Working with your root chakra for example will help you to more easily ground your energies.

The following link contains information on the chakra system:

http://www.hehishelo.co.uk/chakra.htm

This link will take you to a par excellence crystals and their properties site:

http://www.hehishelo.co.uk/prop.htm

Lastly, it is sometimes said that you should not use a crystal such as amethyst for example, directly on top of the brow chakra located on the forehead area, for it is said that this can upset the balance of energies there. However, I find that this is a matter of personal preference and I myself have never experienced any problems doing this. I hope that this helps, Kundalini.
Old 20-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Whisperer

Hi Mattstar

Amethyst is often the crystal that everyone gets drawn to at the start because it opens us out to energies in a very calm and protective way. It has a beautiful energy that resonates with nearly everyone :)

I'd totally agree with what Kundalini has posted, using a few at a time really maximises the effectiveness of them. Otherwise you can end up with loads of energy shifting going on that can cause difficulties.

The list you have picked is a lovely one, lots of upper work so do remember to ensure you've grounded before and after you work with them.

Azeztulite is the Melody name for Snow Quartz but with a pumped up price. Snow Quartz is a very under-rated little stone.

Sodalite is also a great stone for opening out and receiving messages.

Working with crystals is a lot of fun, enjoy your journey with them.

Kind blessings,
Whisp
Old 21-02-2007, 11:49 PM
deltawaves

Thank you for the Crystal Website link Kundalini. It's excellent, very informative and I love it has pictures too.

And thanks also Whisperer for the info about Snow Quartz, enjoyable reading.
xx
Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Deactivated Account
thanks k that will be useful, i'm being drawn more to crystals at the moment
Old 01-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Temperance

I see its been covered but just thought id add.. ive been working with crystals for a while, and a good tip is.. if your drawn to a crystal, your meant to have it. Sometimes youll find youll walk into a crystal shop and go say, straight for a clear quartz (which btw is great for enhancing your ability to channel your spirit guides, increase your vibrational energy, assist with psychic development, enhance clairaudience/voyance etc) your meant to have it, ive had it once where i was browsing a store, and i kept going to this carnelian stone.. after the third time i picked it up i thought i really should buy this..so i did. I found out two days later after getting tests back that i had major problems with my metabolism... guess what the main property of carnelian is? you guessed it..

just go with your instincts, crystals have a way of calling to you when you need them most. A good easy guide book to try and get hold of it the Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. Over 200 crystals in there, really easy to navigate around :)
Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Deactivated Account
that is an excellent book
Old 01-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Whisperer

I'd also suggest The Book of Stones: Who they are and what they teach by Robert Simmons,Naisha Ahsian and Hazel Raven. Its has both masculine and feminine views on what each stone does and it includes some of the less common stones in it.

Unfortunately I found Judy Halls new book New Crystals and Healing Stones very disappointing :(
Old 02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Lapis

Another great way to get started with gemstones in general is by collecting the stone or stones that go with your astrological Sun and Asc. 'Rising' Signs. There's lots of books and sites that list what gemstones go with each of the 12 zodical Signs if you're not real familiar.

I'd suggest collecting tumbled gemstones for both your Sun Sign and Rising Sign at least, you can get much more elaborate later if you want with jewelry and such. If you're an astrologer and know your chart and it's highs and lows, then you can also collect the other gemstones for those other planets and aspects that you want to help out or enhance ect. Your astrological energies match and vibrate with specific gemstones (and quartz crystals) so you'll probably be naturally drawn to certain gems (and metals) over others. Happy astro gem hunting.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Deactivated Account
thanks guysxxxx
Closed Thread