Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Master

I can control the beats of my heart

I noticed that while in deep meditation sometimes, there are these moments when there's a longer period of time between the heart beats.It beats normally and then suddenly I can't hear my heart beating and I can't even feel the waves of the beats through my body.I though that this is something that happens because I am just too relaxed but I just did it on purpose, I stopped my heart for few moments, I did this several times and then I got scared because my heart would not start again, so I jumped from that posture and I checked the blood flow and it was flowing but it was so so slow that I could barely feel something.My breathing was so slow that I was thinking if I am still breathing.

It seems that I reached another deep state of meditation, something that I never experienced before.It was scary when I decided to simply stop my heart ( it was just a thought ) and then I could not hear it beating anymore.Do you think that in a very deep state of meditation one can interact with the mind in such a way that it can alter its own functionality?

I just read that this is a great step forward to reaching a state of union with the Creator.
Old 16-10-2019, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I noticed that while in deep meditation sometimes, there are these moments when there's a longer period of time between the heart beats.It beats normally and then suddenly I can't hear my heart beating and I can't even feel the waves of the beats through my body.I though that this is something that happens because I am just too relaxed but I just did it on purpose, I stopped my heart for few moments, I did this several times and then I got scared because my heart would not start again, so I jumped from that posture and I checked the blood flow and it was flowing but it was so so slow that I could barely feel something.My breathing was so slow that I was thinking if I am still breathing.

It seems that I reached another deep state of meditation, something that I never experienced before.It was scary when I decided to simply stop my heart ( it was just a thought ) and then I could not hear it beating anymore.Do you think that in a very deep state of meditation one can interact with the mind in such a way that it can alter its own functionality?

I just read that this is a great step forward to reaching a state of union with the Creator.

Quite normal and nothing to worry about, just ignore and Meditate....
Old 16-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Quite normal and nothing to worry about, just ignore and Meditate....

It was really scary but I experienced many other scary things before while in deep meditation and I am still alive I had heart palpitations and spontaneous movements of the different parts of my body, now I am at this "stage".

I notice that I feel more and more "fresh" ( so to say ) after a session of meditation, the effects are more powerful and they last longer than ever before.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:33 AM
JustASimpleGuy

This isn't something I do consciously but when I'm in a very deep meditative state my breathing slows down to three or fourth breaths per minute.

My understanding is the brain is a copious consumer of oxygen and it seems to make sense when it's very still that requirement is drastically reduced.
Old 19-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
This isn't something I do consciously but when I'm in a very deep meditative state my breathing slows down to three or fourth breaths per minute.

My understanding is the brain is a copious consumer of oxygen and it seems to make sense when it's very still that requirement is drastically reduced.

I experience something similar but I have no idea how many breaths I take because it's difficult to really sense these things when you reach a deep state.

It really scared me but I "defeated" that fear and I kept going on and nothing happened!
Old 19-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
I experience something similar but I have no idea how many breaths I take because it's difficult to really sense these things when you reach a deep state.

It really scared me but I "defeated" that fear and I kept going on and nothing happened!

If you are Meditating you wouldn't be feeling fear, neither realizing you have reached a deep state, you would be just Meditating and letting your thoughts float by like clouds in the sky. Following your thoughts about fear, how many breaths etc: is not Meditating....
Old 19-10-2019, 08:19 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
If you are Meditating you wouldn't be feeling fear, neither realizing you have reached a deep state, you would be just Meditating and letting your thoughts float by like clouds in the sky. Following your thoughts about fear, how many breaths etc: is not Meditating....

When practicing Vipassana or mindfulness of breathe it's quite evident when breathing slows down. Not sure how slow but 3-4 per minute is a good estimate. Might even be as slow as 2 per minute or even a little less.

There's a technique for entering the first Jhana that goes something like this. When practicing mindfulness of breathe and it becomes barely noticeable switch focus to a pleasant bodily sensation. A common place is the hands. If doing a technique like loving-kindness it's probably the heart center.

I've never tried but if you're interested the instructions can be found on Leigh Brasington's website under Entering the Jhanas.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
When practicing Vipassana or mindfulness of breathe it's quite evident when breathing slows down. Not sure how slow but 3-4 per minute is a good estimate. Might even be as slow as 2 per minute or even a little less.

There's a technique for entering the first Jhana that goes something like this. When practicing mindfulness of breathe and it becomes barely noticeable switch focus to a pleasant bodily sensation. A common place is the hands. If doing a technique like loving-kindness it's probably the heart center.

I've never tried but if you're interested the instructions can be found on Leigh Brasington's website under Entering the Jhanas.

Mindfulness – or “vipassana” — is a specific type of meditative practice from Theravada Buddhism. It involves learning to watch one's thoughts, feelings and sensations as they arise and pass, without becoming caught up in them.

Regarding Jhanas, best to learn how to walk before you run.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:34 AM
Master

Quote:

When you expand your awareness, don't you think that it's far more easier for you to notice all the sensations you experience? I don't think it's that easy to just go on when you heart has palpitations or when your awareness expands so much that you feel your body extremely huge or extremely small.Every new sensation made me to stop when I first experienced it and then I learned that there's nothing to fear and I could go on.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
When you expand your awareness, don't you think that it's far more easier for you to notice all the sensations you experience? I don't think it's that easy to just go on when you heart has palpitations or when your awareness expands so much that you feel your body extremely huge or extremely small.Every new sensation made me to stop when I first experienced it and then I learned that there's nothing to fear and I could go on.

I don't know what kind of Meditation your practising TM, but it's certainly very different to what I practice. Feeling your body big or small is just your imagination nothing to do with Meditation. To each their own