Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 AM
Seeker

Where was I

a few years back i had a Near Death Experience i was out of my body and all of a sudden i was somewhere else a place that was dark and cold and i was alone
Old 02-06-2015, 07:10 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark83
a few years back i had a Near Death Experience i was out of my body and all of a sudden i was somewhere else a place that was dark and cold and i was alone

My speculation:

In the physical universe we have physical "space" which is dark (in the sky). So it's like an in-between space (between the physical objects).

So maybe you were just "in space" so to speak. With no objects surrounding you. But it's a mental "space", the spiritual realm.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Master

Apparently some people get stuck in a "void" which is right before the light.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark83

You mean there was an absence of light/understanding/warmth... Do you usually rely on others to provide this rather than yourself...

The emptiness may well have been seen as darkness coldness and aloneness as it was such a contrast to your usual environment.
Old 14-06-2015, 01:13 AM
MrChiLambda

You were out of your body, cold and all alone.

The key point to remember is that you were all alone, so if that scares you practice on your empathy, and sense of belonging with others.
Old 17-06-2015, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
I know what you mean. I have experienced this too. With no idea what it was or what to do about it.
Old 17-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Experiencer

Did you induce your near-death experience yourself?
Old 17-06-2015, 08:24 PM
JosephSmithChristoferson

future is not looking good for you, just imagine if that is the place you currently belong to, given your moral evolution

if in your skin i would hurry up to do a lot of good deeds before my time is due
Old 17-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak.
Did you induce your near-death experience yourself?
I ask this because my dad did something reckless (because he no longer cared if he died or not) and he did pass. 20 years later I went for a reading with a babalao (oracle reader in Santeria) and my dad was allowed to come through to help me if I made my required offerings and abstained from the things I was told to abstain from. I did, and he was able to speak to me through my best friend, who's a medium. He said he had seen no light since his death until he was allowed to see mine. I don't know if it was cold where he was.

But all of the people who are confused about their deaths or had a trauma at death have said the same thing to me. They were in darkness until my light became visible to them. So, it's not necessarily true that you're going to this place when you pass on, but I encourage you to make peace with death, even if it should come to you when you don't expect it.
Old 18-06-2015, 11:14 AM
Ascender
I don't think it's really death, but a place where you feel cold and alone because you're vulnerable, ill, injured, ect. It's a state of being helpless. I could say it's between waking and sleeping.

Darkness isn't a bad thing. The night sky is dark. The comfort of being in bed is dark and sleeping is dark. It's like the womb. During an NDE I was drawn to going through a window which showed pitch black outside but knew it wasn't empty. It smelled of perfume.