Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Anandini.Devotee

DETOXING why is it dire for spiritual growth? lets bring our ideas together

There are many things harmful for our energy centers that we are eating and drinking daily I think we should discuss it here and come up with ways to detox.

and The two main aspects of Ayarveda medicine is nutrition and equal to nutrition is the removal of toxins.

Good digestion and a good heart are important to our health. For many with heart problems the vitamin niacin is recommended because it removes toxins from the body which hurt the heart. So even though I'm 29 and have no heart issues I take niacin because it removes the toxins from the foods we eat that have chemicals Put in by the food industry.

I can feel it working there is a burning sensation if you take it in the morning before food it will work better but beware the first time you take one break the hill into quarter pieces and take only one quarter you will feel this it really does work.

I want to find other ways to detox any buddy heard of any good programs or maybe a mix of different things we can use to help save money because a lot of people are now making a lot of money off of people who are now starting to see the importance but I do not believe this should be. We should be able to come up with our own affordable metheds. please contribute if you have any ideas Do you know the difference between a colon cleans a kidney blood or a liver cleanse maybe thyroid gland cleans? Our endocrine system is all about waste removal remember in this is also correlated with the chakras this is important we need to be alert . Thank you
Old 12-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
There are many things harmful for our energy centers that we are eating and drinking daily I think we should discuss it here and come up with ways to detox.

and The two main aspects of Ayarveda medicine is nutrition and equal to nutrition is the removal of toxins.

Good digestion and a good heart are important to our health. For many with heart problems the vitamin niacin is recommended because it removes toxins from the body which hurt the heart. So even though I'm 29 and have no heart issues I take niacin because it removes the toxins from the foods we eat that have chemicals Put in by the food industry.

I can feel it working there is a burning sensation if you take it in the morning before food it will work better but beware the first time you take one break the hill into quarter pieces and take only one quarter you will feel this it really does work.

I want to find other ways to detox any buddy heard of any good programs or maybe a mix of different things we can use to help save money because a lot of people are now making a lot of money off of people who are now starting to see the importance but I do not believe this should be. We should be able to come up with our own affordable metheds. please contribute if you have any ideas Do you know the difference between a colon cleans a kidney blood or a liver cleanse maybe thyroid gland cleans? Our endocrine system is all about waste removal remember in this is also correlated with the chakras this is important we need to be alert . Thank you

Hi .

I recommend Niacin also as I take it daily along with a complete B vitamin supplement .

Cleansing / detoxing the mind body seems part of a process that happens for sure when we associate a healthy body with a healthy mind or a pure body mind ..

What else do I take .. blimey where do I start, I have a list as long as my arm, I am sure I rattle when I jump up and down ..lol ..

Garlic, Cider Vinegar, Cayenne Peppers, Turmeric, Colloidal Silver, Vitamin C, Black Cummin Seeds, Coconut oil, Crystal elixir water, Kelp, Black Walnut Hulls, Vitamin E, Lecithin, Goji Berries ..

And thats before breakfast ..

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 12-03-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Steer clear of garlic it effects meditation in a negative way. That's well known in all of India.

Lets see does niacin remove the harmful medals?
Old 14-03-2013, 11:03 AM
amy green

God-like mentioned taking niacin in a complete Vit B supplement and this is how niacin should be taken. The reason being that taking any one of the B vitamins in isolation depletes the other B vitamins since they all work together.

Cydar vinegar (a little slosh in a glass of water) helps restore acid/alkalinity of blood and revitalises - is a tonic.

Skin brushing, e.g. after a bath/shower will stimulate the lymph glands and hence boost the immune system (which deals with removal of harmful bacteria and germs). There are special brushes designed for this.
Old 17-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Thank you very much
Old 17-03-2013, 07:59 PM
amy green

Re: cleansing the colon. I have read that aloe vera juice is beneficial (I personally found it too bitter to drink, but that is just my experience).

Soak 1 tsp. linseed overnight, then top it up with half a pint of hot water and drink first thing in the morning. (I have read this info from so many different sources over the years).

Re: detoxing. Unfortunately, in releasing stored toxins, apparently (or obviously?) this creates more free radicals. It is recommended hence to take antioxidants, e.g. a high dose of Vitamin C.

Before and after a detox I have read that taking a probiotic supplement is recommended also - makes sense since it helps restore the good gut bacteria.
Old 23-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Thank you so much, I am learning all this trying to figure out for myself. Fasting is so important, any more ideas why it is?
Old 23-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Colin cleansing and niacin together, should the colon cleanse be done first?
Old 26-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
Steer clear of garlic it effects meditation in a negative way. That's well known in all of India.

Lets see does niacin remove the harmful medals?

Hi...agree generally with what God-Like & Amy Green have written.
I feel that I could write books about this topic.

A small aside first...fresh garlic is a powerful blood cleanser, good for heart and kidneys..and I have never noticed negative effects on meditation. It may be that it cannot be used in combination with other items. In mediterranean cooking, it is (generally) not used with dairy products. Nor do we use many other pungent spices aside from garlic. This is also the way garlic is most commonly used in the west, in the context of mediterranean or middle eastern foods.

If it is constitutional, there are also differences, but almost no one is just one dosha, so unless your fire is up, fresh garlic is good, especially for detoxing. Ginger, peppers, ginseng, and many other spices are often far more irritating to pitta, and yet they are regularly included in the subcontinental diet because of the predominance of the vata-kapha type, which is much less common elsewhere. Now for me personally, I would say cumin negatively affects meditation, because I really dislike it if I can taste it Instead, I do like turmeric and saffron, both powerful antioxidants.

For detoxing in general...to keep it short, I would say the most powerful detoxers are lecithin and vitamin C. Far and away. Coconut oil is a great assist for the vessels, and olive oil is a great assist for the internal organs. Both are good for the heart. A good hawthorne extract and regular use of hawthorne tea will also help support the heart in processing the physical and emotional effects of detoxification.

But I would strongly advise a very prudent approach.
Gentle cleansing through ayurvedic detox teas..."Yogi" brand has some very good ones...and through a good vitamin regimen and plenty of vegetables and fibre.
For several weeks or months...and I would keep the niacin within a multi B vitamin...rarely do you need large doses.
Including VC (frequently or daily) and lecithin (biweekly or weekly) or in your normal routine is far better than fasting regularly or drastic detox regimes.

After gentle detoxing for weeks or even months, then occasional fasts of a day or so can be added if your health allows, along with generous amounts of water, herbal teas (varies depending on the need), and vitamin C and lecithin. And moderate amounts of garlic in the diet, with olive oil of course :)

Personally I am not a big fan of vinegar or sour in general...pickled & fermented foods, probiotics and bitters of any kind (greens, herbs, seaweed, certain teas) are much more my style and also help the body regulate pH and digestion.

If after all this one finds they have made a mess of it and gone off the deep end trying to detox too fast...or if for some reason you are overloaded...then take vC and lecithin, and call the guides. Ask them to detox you. They will take it completely out of your system from the top down. But remember that moderation is the key

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 30-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

A small aside first...fresh garlic is a powerful blood cleanser, good for heart and kidneys..and I have never noticed negative effects on meditation.
7L

Me too monkey man, I have not encountered any differences in my daily meditation when I take garlic .. I have noticed that it keeps the vampire ladies away tho ...

x daz x