Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 05-12-2012, 11:19 PM
travelgirlfl

Best method to not absorb energy around you?

I'm not an energy worker as I imagine many that read this section to be, but I now realize, via energy workers and psychics explaining what I've always experienced but didn't understand, that I absorb the energy around me, wherever I am, like a sponge. This why malls, concerts, crowds and the work I used to do (social work, around lots of dysfunctional drama) would often exhaust me or make me depressed, for example, my mom said ever since I was a kid she noticed this (though she had no idea why)....I've been told I can just walk into a store & pick up the guy in front of me's fight with his wife energy he has lingering, have no idea of this of course, and take it home with me.... (I suppose that must be true, but how would I know, not being attuned to this sort of thing yet...)

Anyway, I was hoping for a few suggestions about how to deal with this -- maybe a guarding/protection? And/or a cleansing? I tried reading one of Donna Eden's books by recommendation, but couldn't get into it. I've been told to imagine "sentries" and "roses" and different 'guards' of my energy field, and eh, these things don't resonate with ME, though I'm sure the imagery is effective for others.

Something simple would be great; something I don't have to think about all the time. I DO believe these energy concepts, but somehow just don't have an interest in learning much about them, though it seems I really should learn/do some basics....it's really overwhelming sometimes, to be this 'sponge' I supposedly am...

Thanks much!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Sangress

Energy shields and filters would do the trick.

You'll find a lot of information (especially step by step tuitorials) over the internet if you look around.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Gracey

do what feels the best for you. for me, i put water around me and a mirror. so what ever i pick up is reflected back onto the environment or muddled by the water. for me, the key is believing it works.

sometimes, i will have no shield and be open so i can send the negative energy love for healing.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 AM
travelgirlfl

Yes, Sangress, there's so much out there, I thought maybe some tried & true recommendations for an experienced/informed forum would help me sort through... specific books/techniques/site recommendations welcome!

Gracey, I'm not sure how that practice with water/mirrors works when you're out in the world? Though I could try it at home (some neighbors with icky energy I don't like I'd like to keep over by them!)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Henri77

Sending a PM with 2 links that should be useful
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Ascender

We all absorb energy from those around us,some are more sensitive and negative energy will effect them more.
The Aura is our natural sheild for protection and should be worked on to make it stronger.Deep breathing expands the Aura so a couple of deep breaths when you feel you are in a negative area/situation will help.Take a bath with 1 kilo of salt once a week to help clean the Aura or have it cleaned by an Energy worker.
There are lots of ways to strenghten the Aura so do a google search on it and best of luck to you
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Sangress

I find that visualisations work for a lot of people, like imagining being surrounded by a protective white light for example and others call on the protection of guides or angels.

I know a few individuals who learn to shield tactily through the sensation of energy and physical sense of touch alone.

I also know others who use rituals like bathing in salt baths, smudging with incense or carrying crystals to shield them as well.

Oh and theres also affirmations too, though I have little experience with that kind of thing.

Perhaps finding the way in which you learn and opperate is a good start to make so that you can hone in on techniques and methods your comfortable with?

(Travelgirlfl, I'll send you a link to an article on shielding that I found usefull.)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Master

I agree with Sangress, you should try different things and see what works best, or what feels right. Read through the posts you've received and see if anything calls to you.

I know exactly what you are feeling, I have felt that way my entire life, and I am learning this same thing. I have come to a place where I can now just walk away from the person that is spewing energy all over me LOL! especially if it is a loved one. As must as I love them with all my heart, I do not have to stay in their energy when they are feeling negative about whatever. I think it also has to do with the other person's energy. Some people are just better "spewers" than others, better senders of energy. Just as you are a good receiver, they are good senders...and you don't have to stay in that space. Usually they calm down after a bit and when I return, all is back to normal. I agree they should spew if they need to spew, I just don't have to be the one to be spewed at (boy I hope spew is a word LOL).

I spent a LOT of years protecting myself from negative energies, and I had a whole thing that I did with mirrors and such and it did work but it didn't.

It worked in the fact that I felt I was in a situation I couldn't get out of (work related) so I needed the tools of protection to be able to stay in that space around those negative peoples. However, using tools of protection protected me from the good stuff (hearing my guides). I never heard them until I stop using all those tools. So for me, that was an Ah Ha moment. But it was after I no longer worked there and wasn't in that energy space of negativity.

What I do now is simply surround myself and everyone I love and everyone on planet earth with a bubble of the white light of the holy spirit, and I envision a bubble of white light that is surrounding me (everyone gets their own bubble LOL). However, it is NOT for protection, just purity of thought I guess. It makes me feel good to do this, but I specifically don't use it for protection.

I don't need protection, because I live in a Safe Universe...until you believe you live in a Safe Universe, you might need protection (OOOO...)

If you are looking for recommendations, I would look to your fears. What are you afraid of? People's energies can't hurt you. When I am centered in myself and grounded in my own energy, it is easier not to asborb others energies. Allow them to be having whatever experience they are having and ask and allow yourself not to absorb it. And if you can't leave, send them light and go to the bathroom for some peace and quiet for a few moments until they are done spewing...

Good luck finding some relief from this. You can find it, just keep asking your guides for help too and allow the help in.

Light.
Old 31-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Shang Li

My best tip? If you don't want to be affected by negative or unwanted energy... don't give it the power to affect you. That will create a very powerful shield all on its own that will still allow in positive, loving energy. You don't want to block out ALL energies. Sometimes complicating things is not the way to go. I hope I could be of service :)
Namaste
Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 AM
perfect earth

Simple breathing that helps me in the moment mentally/emotionally/energetically and helps me to shape my life. With acceptance, breathe in from the infinite with the greatest good in mind and breathe out to the infinite with the same intentions. Everything has it's proper place. Breathing out through the mouth helps to send out what doesn't need to be with you.