Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-11-2019, 09:19 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
One can try, but every time we try to talk about the absolute, the ineffable, incandescent reality that lies behind the curtain, it somehow never seems to do justice to the actual thing we are trying to describe.

I realise now that using language is limiting and is best avoided, or kept to a minimum. I merge with the Universal form of the Goddess and this is how we "Are". There really is no doing, no teacher or student, it is just a state of being, existing as the Absolute.

Yeah, that keeps happening to me all the time, along with 11 - 22 and so forth. It is so common nowadays that I barely notice it. It is the Goddess's way of letting me know she is always here for me.

Interesting, I was hard-agreeing with you until you mentioned goddesses. There was a period when God was unequivocally male (or at least best represented by a man), and now post-feminism, it's cool for God to suddenly be a woman. Of course belief in godesses has existed in other cultures and at other times, but to me it's all just part of the whims and fancies of human imagination. Surely whatever is behind the curtain transcends those limitations of our species?

And yeah, the 33 thing was a little discombobulating at first, but then I got used to it too. I wonder what it all means. And I wonder if it's possible to be combobulated?
Old 19-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
People ''channel'' and tend to ''experience'' what they believe in, and their culture, religion and likes/dislikes seem to be important. I have read many channelled messages that turned out to contain wrong information. When people postulate that humans came from Jupiter or that there are entire continents under the sea I know they're not speaking the truth. Also, the information is often very generic, like.. ''humans must focus on love''. I think channelling says more about the specific individual and his/her background and beliefs, IMO.
Old 19-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
Interesting, I was hard-agreeing with you until you mentioned goddesses. There was a period when God was unequivocally male (or at least best represented by a man), and now post-feminism, it's cool for God to suddenly be a woman. Of course belief in godesses has existed in other cultures and at other times, but to me it's all just part of the whims and fancies of human imagination. Surely whatever is behind the curtain transcends those limitations of our species?

And yeah, the 33 thing was a little discombobulating at first, but then I got used to it too. I wonder what it all means. And I wonder if it's possible to be combobulated?

This is a basic tenet of tantra, the primary philosophy and framework behind Kundalini. It is hard to explain, but there is plenty of information on it online, including on wikipedia, if you want to do some research.

A tantrika reaches the absolute by raising their Kundalini Shakti (the Goddess or female creative principle of the Universe) through all seven chakras, piercing each of them one by one, until she reaches the crown, the space above the head. This is where Shiva resides (the Male creative principle) and the two merge and annihilate each other in a burst of light and heat (much like matter and antimatter would), so Onenness and Unity, or in other words, Non-Duality is achieved. This burst of light and annihilation of dualities is variously referred to as enlightenment, Samadhi or Nirvana.

Both the male and female creative principles of the Universe are conscious, so for our puny human mind, thinking of them as God and Goddess, Shiva and Shakti, is the most convenient. It gets more complicated still, because each of them can also manifest a form for our benefit, so that we may more easily interact with them. These are the various gods and goddesses of mythology. Their separate existence from the absolute is temporary and for our benefit, though both Shiva and Shakti enjoy manifesting various forms and playing around with them.
Old 19-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
People ''channel'' and tend to ''experience'' what they believe in, and their culture, religion and likes/dislikes seem to be important. I have read many channelled messages that turned out to contain wrong information. When people postulate that humans came from Jupiter or that there are entire continents under the sea I know they're not speaking the truth. Also, the information is often very generic, like.. ''humans must focus on love''. I think channelling says more about the specific individual and his/her background and beliefs, IMO.

Well yes, most of the time, the channelled information comes from the subconscious, finally, it gets a chance to speak…

Not always though, in some cases, there really is an external intelligence at work, though whether it is truthful and benign is again another question.

Btw, that was your 1333 rd post
Old 19-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

Very true. The need to be spiritually "special" is extremely prevalent amongst spiritual people too and I've noticed this colours a lot of people's experiences. A lot of psychics seem to do this too, even though they may have some genuine ability. Is there anyone who's ever been to a psychic who hasn't been told they're special in some way?

Vagueness is also stock in trade for mediumship. It works well on most people who have large families and social group, since they can usually fit the description to someone in their extended circle. I have a tiny family and hardly any friends so it's kinda hilarious when people try and do it with me.

"I'm seeing an old man with a white beard..."
"Nope, nobody I know."
"OK, maybe it's an old woman. I could be wrong. Maybe the beard was a Halloween costume."
"We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia."
"OK, sorry, I'm getting that it's actually a pet."
Old 19-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Knower

Quote:
This is a basic tenet of tantra, the primary philosophy and framework behind Kundalini. It is hard to explain, but there is plenty of information on it online, including on wikipedia, if you want to do some research.

A tantrika reaches the absolute by raising their Kundalini Shakti (the Goddess or female creative principle of the Universe) through all seven chakras, piercing each of them one by one, until she reaches the crown, the space above the head. This is where Shiva resides (the Male creative principle) and the two merge and annihilate each other in a burst of light and heat (much like matter and antimatter would), so Onenness and Unity, or in other words, Non-Duality is achieved. This burst of light and annihilation of dualities is variously referred to as enlightenment, Samadhi or Nirvana.

Both the male and female creative principles of the Universe are conscious, so for our puny human mind, thinking of them as God and Goddess, Shiva and Shakti, is the most convenient. It gets more complicated still, because each of them can also manifest a form for our benefit, so that we may more easily interact with them. These are the various gods and goddesses of mythology. Their separate existence from the absolute is temporary and for our benefit, though both Shiva and Shakti enjoy manifesting various forms and playing around with them.

Thank you. I am vaguely acquainted with these principles and they do make sense when understood that way. Although again, any sort of manifestations of the Absolute seem to carry with them the possibility of distortion (or complete fabrication) by our imaginations.

I noticed the 333 on Altair's post too. Might have to take out a restraining order.
Old 19-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Thank you. I am vaguely acquainted with these principles and they do make sense when understood that way. Although again, any sort of manifestations of the Absolute seem to carry with them the possibility of distortion (or complete fabrication) by our imaginations.

I noticed the 333 on Altair's post too. Might have to take out a restraining order.

Well yes, human minds aren't exactly capacious. In evolutionary terms, we've barely climbed off our trees. By necessity, our understanding of the Absolute will be severely limited. Still, One tries.

Yes, the Goddess is definitely present in all of us now. She is very playful and particularly enjoys sending messages through number patterns.
Old 19-11-2019, 10:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Very true. The need to be spiritually "special" is extremely prevalent amongst spiritual people too and I've noticed this colours a lot of people's experiences. A lot of psychics seem to do this too, even though they may have some genuine ability. Is there anyone who's ever been to a psychic who hasn't been told they're special in some way?

Vagueness is also stock in trade for mediumship. It works well on most people who have large families and social group, since they can usually fit the description to someone in their extended circle. I have a tiny family and hardly any friends so it's kinda hilarious when people try and do it with me.

"I'm seeing an old man with a white beard..."
"Nope, nobody I know."
"OK, maybe it's an old woman. I could be wrong. Maybe the beard was a Halloween costume."
"We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia."
"OK, sorry, I'm getting that it's actually a pet."

I think we are all 'special' in our own way, we're not clones LOL.

The main issues I see with channelling are false information (''humans from Jupiter'' etc.) and how it can be used for religious agendas. Fact remains, you can probably see any figure you want by just focussing on it so it becomes self-fulfilment. By the way, I am not suggesting spiritual phenomenon cannot exist, but spirituality in general is just flooded with a lot of stuff that doesn't show something spiritual but is just psychological.

Your example of a conversation with a medium is a good example. You can probably really mess up a medium if you want to. I don't think that's ethical though, but you can check Derren Brown on YouTube for these things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duxQA9TcDcA [on contacting the dead]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51B8MzcxOX0 [on conversions]
Old 19-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Well yes, human minds aren't exactly capacious. In evolutionary terms, we've barely climbed off our trees. By necessity, our understanding of the Absolute will be severely limited. Still, One tries.

Yes, the Goddess is definitely present in all of us now. She is very playful and particularly enjoys sending messages through number patterns.

...Says NoOne with 633 posts. We could go on all night here.
Old 19-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned the Koran as that's a great example - it's regarded by many spiritual people, whether Muslim or not, as being an inspired text. Yet it's completely incompatible with the Bible and many other spiritual texts and contains many vile passages - particularly in the latter half, and particularly in its treatment of infidels. I can't see how any dogmatic, exclusivist text like that could possibly have any place in any sort of pluralistic spiritual view. By its very nature it completely defies any sort of pluralist interpretation.

Not trying to start a debate on the Koran here - just reiterating my previous question from a different angle: how can we accept differing sources that are logically completely incompatible with each other?
Same statements are made by Christians about the Old Testament.
The more I study the Old Testament and the Qur'an, the more they have unity with each other.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜