Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 15-05-2015, 04:19 AM
bl4z3sh1ft

Any Chaotes in here?

I'd like to share some ideas or just get information... thanks.
Old 15-05-2015, 06:08 AM
Master

OK, I'll bite - what's a Chaote?
Old 15-05-2015, 07:02 AM
bl4z3sh1ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
OK, I'll bite - what's a Chaote?

Thank you for responding, Jenny.
A "Chaote" is a pagan that practices Chaos Magick.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=5359539

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic
Old 16-05-2015, 04:23 AM
Master

Thanks - I guess you can learn something every day. I'm not one, of course, so can't help you but I know they're around
Old 16-05-2015, 08:11 AM
Experiencer
I like some things ,mostly the ideology,my practice is not very emphasised,i sort of apply things at conscious level.Glad to see someone in Chaos Magick here.
Maybe we can share some ideas.
Old 17-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Shamot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4z3sh1ft

Hi bl,

I'm not a Chaotist but it is interesting. I like the idea that you can use elements from different systems, if they suit your needs at that time. A constant state of flux!

My spiritual journey (insert cliche ) has ended with the Gospel of Thomas. Before that, I read a lot about different belief systems & could see parts in each, which sat well with my intuitive self. It all came together in Thomas - for me.

Chaos - interesting stuff! our universe would not have existed without it. Our bodies are made of star dust (minerals) - from this chaos! I have read how this is becoming less the case in the universe & things are quieting down. Makes sense since everything is moving away from each other...hey...what if it reverses?.
Old 17-05-2015, 09:55 AM
bl4z3sh1ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamot
Hi bl,

I'm not a Chaotist but it is interesting. I like the idea that you can use elements from different systems, if they suit your needs at that time. A constant state of flux!

My spiritual journey (insert cliche ) has ended with the Gospel of Thomas. Before that, I read a lot about different belief systems & could see parts in each, which sat well with my intuitive self. It all came together in Thomas - for me.
Gospel of Thomas--this is very, very interesting particularly for me because understanding the GoT is also where it came together for me as well. About eight years ago, a friend that read a book called, The Disappearance of the Universe helped open me up to some different philosophies and the Course In Miracles. While this system does not resonate with me, its teachings are unique.

I think that the CiM system didn't resonate because I've always been deeply interested in magick and all things pagan and couldn't really merge the interests. It's possible that I simply wanted to spend more time exploring magick and its systems and theories that what the Course In Miracles offers. I'd like to say that paganism is a passing-fancy but it's not. It's something that I've explored for many years and I keep coming back to it, to me that means something significant.

Specifically, how did understanding the Gospel of Thomas bring things together for you? (if it's not too personal)
Old 18-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Shamot

Quote:
Gospel of Thomas--this is very, very interesting particularly for me because understanding the GoT is also where it came together for me as well. About eight years ago, a friend that read a book called, The Disappearance of the Universe helped open me up to some different philosophies and the Course In Miracles. While this system does not resonate with me, its teachings are unique.

I think that the CiM system didn't resonate because I've always been deeply interested in magick and all things pagan and couldn't really merge the interests. It's possible that I simply wanted to spend more time exploring magick and its systems and theories that what the Course In Miracles offers. I'd like to say that paganism is a passing-fancy but it's not. It's something that I've explored for many years and I keep coming back to it, to me that means something significant.

Specifically, how did understanding the Gospel of Thomas bring things together for you? (if it's not too personal)

Well, how much time have you got? A big question.
As to CIM & DOTU I hadn't heard of these until after my exploration of GThomas - which I'm glad about. I wanted to do my exploration based on what biblical scholars had said about it and my own revelations. This happened through a long process of reading and comparing other sources & the NT. The books you mentioned - I have since looked into them and i don't really think much of them. The concepts seem quit derivative of Hindu theology & the premise of the grand illusion. I agree that this existence is an illusion - to an extent, but I don't believe I have created the suffering I see in the world. That's an egotistical existentialist approach I don't subscribe to.

How did my understanding bring things together? My previous interest in Wicca was from a romantic notion of being able to control natural elements for the benefit of myself and others - harming none in the process (of course). In short, GThomas gave me an understanding that far surpasses this interest. What I have know is difficult to put into words.

What kind of pagan practices are you into right now, if I can ask?
Old 18-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

Some background in it. Not an expert. It'd be fun to talk about. That kind of approach tends to be what I keep falling back into. I'm especially intrigued by approaches that integrate pop culture.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:55 AM
Experiencer

Anyone still active in this thread?