Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 29-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I find this interesting, I wasn't really aware of the difference. I don't know what you would call my twin and I. We have very similar personalities, same way of thinking, same sense of humor, same conclusions, lot of same interests and likes, ect... But our lives look like total opposites. We have the same degree and he studied stuff that I lived through, but other than that, it seems like we have done everything the opposite. Even as far back as our childhoods, they seem to be opposite.
Twin Flames often come from a totally different background. THey often have had similar experiences at some point in life though.

Twin Souls is totally different. It's basically one tier down.
Let's say
- Soul Mate
- Twin Soul
- Twin Flame (The other half of your soul that is incarnated on this planet with you. You do, however, have more TFs, just not incarnated at the same time)
- Twin Ray (this truly is the real only other half of your soul. No one is ready yet for this connection. Most aren't even ready for their TF.)

There can be seeming similarities between Twin Flame and Twin Soul, like there are seeming similarities between Twin Soul and Soul mates. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty it's totally different, although there are overlaps.
Biggest difference between TF and TS I believe is the goal of the relationship.
Twin Soul is mostly about getting you prepped for your TF reunion. And helping you to work through all kinds of issues you're still struggling with.
Twin Soul relationship don't always last, can be very intense and difficult, with capital D, because you mirror each other so strongly. This is necessary to help you work through your issues, to help you with personal growth.
Twin Soul relationships can last, but don't always, and aren't necessarily meant to be(come) romantic relationships.
You also have to be ready for such a relationship. If you aren't ready yet to deal with and work through your issues, you likely won't get together with a Twin Soul.
Of course you do have a lot in common. You do with a Soulmate too, and a Twin Soul is one step higher on the ladder, so logical that you have more in common with a TS than with a Soulmate.
Soulmate relationships can be more peaceful, there's less mirroring.

The purpose of the TF is entirely different. Mostly you have already worked out most of your stuff and issues. The last bits and pieces can be triggered by the TF, then you work through them (or not of course).
But mostly a TF relationship is less about personal development because you've already done most of that. It's about serving mankind. Showing mankind what unconditional love is all about so others can also get into higher vibrational, better, more pure relationships. And with all that the overall vibration of mankind goes up, as does the vibration of the planet and everything on it.

Twin Souls do not have this purpose.

Apart from all that there's also the Karmic Relationship which yet again is quite similar to Twin Soul or Soulmate relationship...
That's why many who truly are with their TF ask ppl here "Are you sure he/she is your TF?"
Because what 99% talk about, the issues they're still having etc. etc. are not typical of TF, usually a far cry from it...
Old 29-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
it still has nothing to do with this. you could find others exactly the same. teach same subjects, dont care about fashion etc. There are many people out there that are in a band and play an instrument like you or published a book like you. It has nothing to do with the souls being the same. the souls are experiencing life here in a physical body. not to do the very same things and have little to no differences to learn from. Sorry. I just don't agree. I'm very confident and comfortable with my communication with spirit and soul and what im learning and being shown.
Lol. I'm 50, almost 51, have met a gazillion ppl in life, both in my own country and abroad, and never in all these 50 yrs have I met any 1 person with whom I share the short list I stated as example on here. Neither has he, and he's 4 years older. He actually thought I was pulling his leg when he found out how much we have in common, and he still can't believe it. Neither can I.
Yes, you can have 1 in 1 person, but not all, not even all the approx 5-6 things I mentioned. And if I'd give you the full list, it is ridiculously long. It just goes on and on. No way can you easily have such a match with just about anyone. It is truly unique.

Also, sharing so many passions/interests/similarities is not a Twin Soul sign. A typical Twin Soul thing is to mirror each other so you grow. In these relationships you confront each other horribly. A soulmate relationship is the more peaceful one, as is a TF relationship. In the first you don't work through so many issues in one go, in the last you already have done most of that with soulmates and Twin Souls. That's what made you ready for the TF reunion.
Of course you do share passions, even in Karmic relationships or any relationship for that matter, otherwise you would never get together. But the amount of similarities is vastly different in a TF relationship because together you are one. With a Twin Soul this is not the case.

I'm not posting this to argue with you, just posting it cos other ppl are reading here too. At least now they can make up their own mind as to which view resonates with them. It doesn't matter to me what they choose, as long as it resonates with them. To each their own after all.
Old 29-04-2017, 10:48 PM
Master

Twin SOUL <--- see that word. I say it again SOUL. still don't get it?
SOUUUULLLLLLLLLL

S O U L
^
^

Not twin nike shoes, not twin job, not twin hobbie, not twin face, not twin clothes, not twin high school, not twin star sign, not twin anything that's physical. Twin flames share same passionate fire that burns in their heart for what they are pulled to in this life. You'll find many even here have met more than one twin flame.

Twin SOULS <---- both "awakened" both are aware of spirit and metaphysical topics. Vast spiritual topics. BOTH not one. The souls here are the same. The souls both know of and about in huge details most spiritual topics and naturally. These pairings are here meeting right now on earth for this purpose. It advances the soul.
Old 30-04-2017, 12:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSinger
I'm just trying to make sense of things.

Either way I guess it doesn't even matter, like I posted before.
It would change nothing to label it. I need to find a way to stop worrying about it, and just
go with the flow and enjoy the connection for what it is, so that I can continue to grow.

I just can't keep myself from trying to figure it out.

Any thoughts on controlling your thoughts? Any suggestions?

I eventually got tired of controlling my own thoughts. IT is much more fun to follow them around, although admittedly they sometimes like to go to scary places lol!
Old 30-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
Twin SOUL <--- see that word. I say it again SOUL. still don't get it?
SOUUUULLLLLLLLLL

S O U L
^
^

Not twin nike shoes, not twin job, not twin hobbie, not twin face, not twin clothes, not twin high school, not twin star sign, not twin anything that's physical. Twin flames share same passionate fire that burns in their heart for what they are pulled to in this life. You'll find many even here have met more than one twin flame.

Twin SOULS <---- both "awakened" both are aware of spirit and metaphysical topics. Vast spiritual topics. BOTH not one. The souls here are the same. The souls both know of and about in huge details most spiritual topics and naturally. These pairings are here meeting right now on earth for this purpose. It advances the soul.
Sorry to say, but that does not make sense. You could say the same about SOUL mate. Screaming doesn't really help.
You're just basing things on semantics, soul connections are not about semantics...

If you want semantics....
The phrase "twin soul" likely came into being as about 15 yrs ago no one had even heard of a Twin Flame or Twin Ray. It wasn't known yet, because few could get higher in channeling than the level of the Twin Soul. So at that time everybody was talking about their other half as "Twin Soul", which is not the higher connection of the Twin Flame, it's a tier lower.
But if you think it's the highest tier, you'd logically say "Twin Soul".
It wasn't till approx 9 years ago that you started hearing about even higher connections: the Twin Flame and the Twin Ray.
And even now, hardly anyone has heard of the Twin Ray.

Just like everyone thought the Twin Soul was the highest up until some 9 years ago, people probably thought being with a Soul Mate was the highest up till they found out about a Twin Soul.
What people knew 20 years ago is not the same what people know now. That's called evolution, ascension. Just cos someone thought Twin Soul was the highest some 15 yrs ago and slapped the phrase "Twin Soul" on that, doesn't mean to say it is the highest. It was then, as people weren't ready for more yet. Just like at some point a Soul Mate likely was considered the Highest.
To date there's still people -and oracle cards- that refer to their only other half with "Soul Mate"...
Old 30-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Master

just like once upon a time no one had even heard that the earth was round. No one knew what many things were until awareness of it.

there is no 'higher' or 'lower' that deems one of more importance. maybe thats why i noticed the op point out the words 'twin flame seekers' because under this type of notion soul mates and the variations of are lame.
Old 30-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Lorelyen

Signs are objects or qualities that signify the probable existence of something else. Very few are unambiguous including yours here so, romantic as it may seem, treat your interpretation with latitude.

Semiology was my academic and early working subject and one learns how misleading signs can be when they relate to more abstract aspects of culture. No need to go into science but here in this particular spiritual topic they form a structure that is questionable as there is no general consensus. It's too easy to misrepresent. It’s always tempting to succumb to “expectation bias” (or hope bias, if you like) and go looking for “signs” without considering the relationship between an alleged sign and the phenomenon you want it to signify.

Signs can signify anything that the observer wants but whether they’d be recognised by a community at large is debatable. Here, in this forum, people are obsessed with signs but whether they signify what they hope they signify is a different question entirely. In a micro-community of believers there’s probably a consensus along the lines you’ve sketched forth, just as there’s another minor community that looks for signs that the earth is flat.

So…. Take care

Edit. I'm off to the Brighton Foodies Festival. What does the festival signify? People's hunger is unrequited? Attendees are self-indulgent? To me it signifies a chance to mingle!
Old 30-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Sorry to say, but that does not make sense. You could say the same about SOUL mate. Screaming doesn't really help.
You're just basing things on semantics, soul connections are not about semantics... .

I do not feel Inika was screaming in this instance..

I agree soul connections are not about semantics, tho it appears FairyCrystal you may have bought the package on labeling, hook, line and sinker. :-((
Somewhere in my collection I have a book (12-15 yrs old) which describes TF attributes exactly as Inika mentioned.. A non-romantic mission. I will try to find it for you.

One thing I've learned is it's impossible if not ridiculous to define this connection. In my day we called 'The One' a Soulmate. Now the New Age has come along with spicy additives...Amounting to a hill of beans, imo. <3xo
Old 30-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
I do not feel Inika was screaming in this instance..

I agree soul connections are not about semantics, tho it appears FairyCrystal you may have bought the package on labeling, hook, line and sinker. :-((
Somewhere in my collection I have a book (12-15 yrs old) which describes TF attributes exactly as Inika mentioned.. A non-romantic mission. I will try to find it for you.

One thing I've learned is it's impossible if not ridiculous to define this connection. In my day we called 'The One' a Soulmate. Now the New Age has come along with spicy additives...Amounting to a hill of beans, imo. <3xo

Well, unless you can be very precise then semantics does come into soul-anything. One can get too theoretical/technical with their definitions when the thing is a spectrum, one meaning blurring into the next. It's like when people talk of "type" of connection which is about categorising, which is about semantics.

Both Inika and FairyCrystal slipped up slightly.

FairyCrustal - the idea of Twin Ray was expounded by Blavatsky in her book the Secret Doctrine in 1888. She also talked about Twin Soul in the same work. She seems to have provided the New Age Industry with a lot of material, just as Hindu practices of old have.

Since we can't prove any of this beyond personal experiences it's all just words anyway, trying to describe the indescribable: personal experience.
As everyone is entitled to interpret their experiences as best they can so everyone wins.

Old 30-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Master

You're right Lorelyn. The slip up. We both boxed it. For me it's figuring out why one is so different than the other. If you notice, i'm more about love being the importance rather than the title anyway. I came here to say that i slipped up more by realizing i said the 'twin flame seekers' from the op which is not the op in this thread topic but another. I'd just been posting in that thread about distractions and had confused the two threads in that moment.