Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 28-04-2017, 01:06 PM
Experiencer

You give me hope.

Love isn't egoless. it's ego presenting itself and then disappearing. Remember, ego is a wonderful thing. Without ego this world wouldn't exist. Some people want that. They Are searching for total enlightenment where ego doesn't exist. I'd hate to live in that word. It would be empty.
Old 28-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
But what is real love?

Well, you said it - it's an experience which means it's unique to us all.
Ego is inevitably going to come into meeting/enjoining-with another person.
How could it be possible to engage without the "I" at the front of the
encounter?
You'd be personality-less were you not to have you at the forefront of a
relationship. You and the person you're with would be in your separate shells
feeling things, experiencing things but unable to communicate...without
the "you" coming through.

As you describe things, if real love is to be egoless, then how can it be
communicated? Words? Gestures? They're your public front - ego.

Of all the things I love in my life my personality and philosophies are at the top of the list. Uniqueness is brought avout by "ego" it is not a bad thing. In fact it is and can be a beautiful thing. Ego is simply the mechanism we are that views the world. It gives us a unique taste and experience of life.

But, if you do not rule it - it will most certainly rule you. The life energy you are must win the power struggle. And what you are IS love.
Old 29-04-2017, 02:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBirdy
is it really all her though? are you pinning all the blame on her without looking at yourself?

you bring up a very good point, however, I used to completely blame myself and hold her as angelic. That wasn't good either, for either of us. So often now I blame her to kinda search for some balance... i admit it is kinda like a see-saw though so on rare occasions you'll also find me saying this is something we did together lol!